Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, if the jets dont get a major sponsor, do we just call it JETS STADIUM?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

So, if the jets dont get a major sponsor, do we just call it JETS STADIUM?

i heard an interesting observation, Jets fans are calling the stadium "the new meadowlands stadium" and vagiants fans are calling it "Giants stadium". On our Home games why dont we call it Jets stadium? have Woody buy the sponsorship and we are all set...what do u think?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, you are under the impression that the Giants organization has no say in this whatsoever?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i thought the jets were gonna get a sponsor for game days and the giants were gonna do the same...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Just call it Jets Stadium. I do. Maybe we can start a trend. At the very least it will piss off the d0uche bag giants fans.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps we can flip a coin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worry about winning games. All the crap we do to sway public perception looks foolish if we lose perpetually, and is [B]completely[/B] unnecessary if we win perpetually. Why even do it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think until the stadium gets a corporate sponson, it will be refered to as the Meadowlands, or New Meadowlands Stadium by the broadcasters on Game Days.

But I would love to hear Al Micheals say "So tonight we bring you Jets football, from the brand new Jets Stadium, live from E. Rutherford, New Jersey"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bpoz1313;3532329] On our Home games why dont we call it Jets stadium? [/QUOTE]

I'm already there. Plus, I call East Rutherford "Queens". I pretty much do as I please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would not surprise me if WOODY caves in and allows the new stadium to be called THE WELLINGTON T. MARA MEMORIAL STADIUM if a corporate sponsor is not found. Speaking of which: WOODY is involved heavily with JOHNSON & JOHNSON. Why not have them buy the naming rights and call it JOHNSON & JOHNSON STADIUM?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3532402]It would not surprise me if WOODY caves in and allows the new stadium to be called THE WELLINGTON T. MARA MEMORIAL STADIUM if a corporate sponsor is not found. [/QUOTE]

Get real, dude.

Woody went ballistic over a coin flip to get the 1st stadium game. You think he'll let the stadium being named after Mara?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3532407]Get real, dude.

Woody went ballistic over a coin flip to get the 1st stadium game. You think he'll let the stadium being named after Mara?[/QUOTE]

stranger things have happened pal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3532402]It would not surprise me if WOODY caves in and allows the new stadium to be called THE WELLINGTON T. MARA MEMORIAL STADIUM if a corporate sponsor is not found. Speaking of which: WOODY is involved heavily with JOHNSON & JOHNSON. Why not have them buy the naming rights and call it JOHNSON & JOHNSON STADIUM?[/QUOTE]

Woody has nothing to do with Johnson and Johnson except his family tie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532410]Woody has nothing to do with Johnson and Johnson except his family tie.[/QUOTE]

Did he inherit said tie from his dad? I'd like to know more.:P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bpoz1313;3532329]have Woody buy the sponsorship and we are all set...what do u think?[/QUOTE]

I love how you guys spends Woody's money.

He's supposed to MAKE money off the name.

And news flash: He's not gonna spend a penny to make sure it's called Jets stadium. He [B][I][U][COLOR="Blue"]couldn't [/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]care less.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOW ABOUT A LARGE LED MARQUEE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE STADIUM THAT THEY CAN DISPLAY "JETS STADIUM" OR "GIANTS STADIUM" FOR EACH GAME AND THE REST OF THE TIME "MEADLOWLANDS STADIUM"

A NOVEL IDEA, HUH?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3532423]Did he inherit said tie from his dad? I'd like to know more.:P[/QUOTE]

[url]http://cityfile.com/profiles/woody-johnson[/url] ;)

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE="5"]THE SWAMP.......where you get whacked[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3532441]HOW ABOUT A LARGE LED MARQUEE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE STADIUM THAT THEY CAN DISPLAY "JETS STADIUM" OR "GIANTS STADIUM" FOR EACH GAME AND THE REST OF THE TIME "MEADLOWLANDS STADIUM"

A NOVEL IDEA, HUH?[/QUOTE]

You could do that in addition, good idea. But they want $$$$$$$$ wouldn't you? .........TD Bank would be nice but I think they are Canadian. Prudential was a natural, but the already have THE ROCK, would have been perfect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's called Giants stadium then there was no reason to enter into this ridiculous dutch agreement to begin with. Sharing a stadium for the long run just seems absolutely foolish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each team should cut their own sponsor deals.

Green Giant Jets Stadium for Jet games

Blue Diamond Giants Stadium for Giant games.

Meadowlands Stadium for all other events and let NJSEA cut their own deal for those naming rights