Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets re-sign WR David Clowney

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3532616]Uuh...I think you meant Mangini bust. Tanny doesn't draft busts, otherwise we would have fired him.[/QUOTE]

How is he a bust if we didn't draft him and got him for virtually nothing!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully Clowney emerges and his talent blossoms in year three as a NYJ

All Pro
    [QUOTE=flgreen;3532788]I dont understand what all the David Clowney hate is about. The guy looks like he is going to be a pretty good receiver.

He has had very few chances, but when he has he has made good use of the opportunity. The Raiders game was the only game he had started this year. Sanchez only completed 9 passes for 143 yards. Clowney had 4 catches for 80 yards and a TD Not to bad.

Here is a video of every Sanchez pass that game. Watch it then tell us why Clowney sucks.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FX_o3yu2k[/url]

Clowney has blazing speed, and very good hands. His main problem, like 90% of young WRs has been his route running. WRs usually take 3 years to develop into anything. This is his third year.

Im of course not talking about Jerry Rice, but he just might develop into a very nice receiver. Keep in mind the Jets ran the ball over 600 times last season[/QUOTE]

Just watched the video.

Clowney made a nice adjustment on the TD. Good play.

The first catch was a short throw which was right on the money. Clowney runs and fumbles the ball for no reason.

Next catch is a deep dig route that he ran against air. Nobody was within a few yards as Braylon drew most of the defense's attention. Sanchez throw was right between the 8and7 on Clowney's jersey.

Last catch. Wide open on a crossing route. Made an average adjustment to a ball on his back shoulder and ran strong. Didn't break the tackle, but dragged the tackler several yards. Not bad. Nothing great either.

Wallace Wright made a couple tough catches in that game, and he's a goner.

And Sanchez only completed 9 balls because he didn't have to do anything more. The defense was pitching a shutout and they couldn't stop the run.

Again, I hope the kid figures it out and becomes a valuable piece of the offense. But I would not want to have to rely on him for anything.

Banned
    The Jets front office resigned David Clowney and thats saying something; They believe in this kid.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532829]The Jets front office resigned David Clowney and thats saying something; They believe in this kid.[/QUOTE]

Its a one year exclusive rights deal, it isn't any long term deal. He's here, but they will continue to upgrade the position. He may be lucky to hang onto the roster as the 5th WR.

All League
    While he hasn't been a consistent threat yet, both Clowney and Aundrae Allison bring much needed speed to the roster. I would love to see at least one of them have a breakout year.

All League
    I hope Clowney is not going to be the Jets FO answer to our slot issues because he is not ready nor is he what we need in the slot. As per his game vs. Oakland... It was Oakland, any receiver playing Oakland thats not being covered by Aso does good so the video posted here doesn't mean he's any good. If he is so fast, why was Cotch returning kickoffs last year and not him?

[QUOTE=BaysideSteve;3532810]You can't cover the clown [B]in August[/B].[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Allison could be the return guy in 2010

All Pro
    Allison is no

All League
    Give Clowney more reps if you want to see results, the kid has good hands just needs some more reps and some help with route running..We have not had a burner on this team since Moss left town.

I guess this puts the lid on the Golden Tate concept.
    With "Faster than Usain Bolt" Clowney, Brad Smith, Allison, Woodhead and Marcus Henry - the Jets hardly need another WR. Is 7 enough though? They'll need rest running 65 fly routes per game as the Jets go 80% pass.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3532821]Just watched the video.

Clowney made a nice adjustment on the TD. Good play.

The first catch was a short throw which was right on the money. Clowney runs and fumbles the ball for no reason.

Next catch is a deep dig route that he ran against air. Nobody was within a few yards as Braylon drew most of the defense's attention. Sanchez throw was right between the 8and7 on Clowney's jersey.

Last catch. Wide open on a crossing route. Made an average adjustment to a ball on his back shoulder and ran strong. Didn't break the tackle, but dragged the tackler several yards. Not bad. Nothing great either.

Wallace Wright made a couple tough catches in that game, and he's a goner.

And Sanchez only completed 9 balls because he didn't have to do anything more. The defense was pitching a shutout and they couldn't stop the run.

[B]Again, I hope the kid figures it out and becomes a valuable piece of the offense. But I would not want to have to rely on him for anything.[/B][/QUOTE]

Mike, i think that the 1-year exclusive rights deal is more than enough proof that the Jets aren't relying on him for anything.

it's just a matter of the Jets having a huge hole at WR after Cotchery and Edwards, and there's no reason to make that hole even bigger by letting Clowney go.

Er what about the ghost? :mad:

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3532616]Uuh...I think you meant Mangini bust. Tanny doesn't draft busts, otherwise we would have fired him.[/QUOTE]

Me thinks TC fodder

[QUOTE=superjets69;3533101]Er what about the ghost? :mad:[/QUOTE]

ignore that. he was trying to be funny and use sarcasm to defend Mangini.

pfail.

Gotta be honest here Clowney isn't deserving of an roster spot. Considering his input on Special teams and his inability to get open he limits this team.I know his story of raising his brother but while it's a great human interst story it doesn't help the Jets on the field.

[QUOTE=bman;3532558]We need him for those August games..

I think Jets are drafting Golden Tate..[/QUOTE]

I agree he has not produced...never understood why..I think we resigned him because we need to give him another chance to have a break out season with the Jets...not somewhere else...if he is to have one...I think this is the breaking point...do it this year or part ways...he is good depth if for no other reason he knows the system...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;3532564]Another Tanny Bust[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if only Clowney had been actually drafted by the Jets.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3533537]Yeah, if only Clowney had been actually drafted by the Jets.[/QUOTE]

OOOOOOOOOOMG OOOOOOOOOOOMG OOOOOOOOOOOOMG You're back!!

He's still a bust, and he's definitely a Mangini bust.