Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets re-sign WR David Clowney

Jets re-sign WR David Clowney

[QUOTE]Jets re-signed exclusive rights free agent WR David Clowney.
    A burner with the potential to stretch the field, Clowney hasn't been able to translate his preseason success into a steady role with the Jets. He'll remain a situational deep threat behind Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jets-hold-onto-David-Clowney.html[/url]

We need him for those August games..

I think Jets are drafting Golden Tate..

Based on his production does he even deserve a roster spot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I like Clowney but he's a 4th or 5th receiver at best. I'd bet that they have plans for him to take over as a ST gunner now that Wallace Wright is gone.

All Pro
    good resigning. We need the depth. This will be only [B]Clowney's 3rd [/B] season playing, being that he was injured his whole first year (plus most of his second). maybe he'll put it all together finally and be a good option as a #4 WR in shotgun formation plays
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Another Tanny Bust®

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3532564]Another Tanny Bust®[/QUOTE]

doesn't there have to be somekind of investment to be a considered a bust. the man's a practice squad signee. Chad Jackson is more in the image of a bust. Heard of him?

I'm surprised the Jets are bringing him back as he hasn't been able to produce on the field. He has the speed but hasn't been able to show it when it counts.

Good resigning. He must pick it up this year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3532569]I'm surprised the Jets are bringing him back as he hasn't been able to produce on the field. He has the speed but hasn't been able to show it when it counts.[/QUOTE]

you base that on what?

How many 3+ WR sets did we run last year? How many times did we actually [B]THROW [/B]the ball when in those 3+ sets vs the number of times we used them to show pass/but run the ball. How many times did Sanchez look in his direction, actually throw the ball, and Clowney drop/blow the pass?

if the ATB list consists of only gholston and clowney, i'm happy with it...

Jets Insider VIP
    as compared with Maroney, Jackson, the entire rest of the 2006, 2007 and 2008 (except Mayo the One Year Wonder) drafts, and the 2009 collection of unproven questionmarks

All League
    He needs to step it up on Special Teams... or his roster spot may be in jeapardy.

Rookie

Why not!

David Clowney-WR-Jets Mar. 20 - 12:44 pm et

Jets re-signed exclusive rights free agent WR David Clowney.

A burner with the potential to stretch the field, Clowney hasn't been able to translate his preseason success into a steady role with the Jets. He'll remain a situational deep threat behind Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.
    Source: National Football Post

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3532569]I'm surprised the Jets are bringing him back as he hasn't been able to produce on the field. He has the speed but hasn't been able to show it when it counts.[/QUOTE]

That's bull$hit.....
    he's the greatest pre season player the JETS have ever had.:D

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3532566]doesn't there have to be somekind of investment to be a considered a bust. the man's a practice squad signee. Chad Jackson is more in the image of a bust. Heard of him?[/QUOTE]

Very nice comeback. You sir are a true pro.;)

Why the hate? Has he been given much of a opportunity? It seemed like he caught most that was throw to him and he has good speed. Its a good move to keep him and try to develop him more. Hes only 24, maybe he breaks out next season who knows?

Uuh...I think you meant Mangini bust. Tanny doesn't draft busts, otherwise we would have fired him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;3532591]David Clowney-WR-Jets Mar. 20 - 12:44 pm et

Jets re-signed exclusive rights free agent WR David Clowney.

A burner with the potential to stretch the field, Clowney hasn't been able to translate his preseason success into a steady role with the Jets. He'll remain a situational deep threat behind Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.
    Source: National Football Post[/QUOTE]

seriously are people seriously questiong this seriously?

He had 191 Yds as 4th String

He had 191 Yds with a TD as 4th String reciever, including a 53 yarder. Seems pretty good to me.