Thread: " . . . best undrafted players of all time " - wayne is # ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

" . . . best undrafted players of all time " - wayne is # ~ ~ ~

Warner tops list of best undrafted players of all time
    by Gil Brandt | NFL.com

> [url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816fb4f0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

All League
    Interesting list, thanks for the link.

Good to see our boy Chrebet is on the list, somewhere between 26-50.

All League
    Chrebet belongs in the 51-75 group, IMO.

Practice Squad
    according to brandt, hes the best undrafted WR on his list. Ahead of Rod Smith & Welker. London Fletcher @ 59?!, the guy remains underrated and under appreciated

Banned
    Nice to see Bart Scott make the list as well.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mr.GangGreen28;3532758]according to brandt, hes the best undrafted WR on his list. Ahead of Rod Smith & Welker. London Fletcher @ 59?!, the guy remains underrated and under appreciated[/QUOTE]

That section is listed in alphabetical order. Rod Smith was obviously better.

All League
    [QUOTE=Mr.GangGreen28;3532758]according to brandt, hes the best undrafted WR on his list. Ahead of Rod Smith & Welker. [B]London Fletcher @ 59?!, the guy remains underrated and under appreciated[/B][/QUOTE]

Well actually he is listed alphabetically in the 51-75 Section but yeah thats just plain BS, I dont think the guy has even made a Pro Bowl yet and he had the most TACKLES in the NFL this past decade!
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 03-20-2010 at 07:15 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3532774]Well actually he is listed alphabetically in the 51-75 Section but yeah thats just plain BS, I dont think the guy has even made a Pro Bowl yet and he had the most TACKLES in the NFL this past decade![/QUOTE]

It's because Old Man Gil has about a dozen players from the 40s, 50s and 60s at the top of his list.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3532787]It's because Old Man Gil has about a dozen players from the 40s, 50s and 60s at the top of his list.[/QUOTE]

remember- the draft was anywhere from 12-to-17 rounds in those days....wasn't bart starr taken in the 17th round??? to make it as an UDFA even in the early 90's is saying something....

a guy like former Jets receiver Bobby Jones from the 70's, the original wayne chrebet, who made the team in '78 as an UDFA, then went on to produce, is a major accomplishment...

Where's the love for Bruce Harper? He was more productive then so many on that list.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532792]remember- the draft was anywhere from 12-to-17 rounds in those days....wasn't bart starr taken in the 17th round??? to make it as an UDFA even in the early 90's is saying something....

a guy like former Jets receiver Bobby Jones from the 70's, the original wayne chrebet, who made the team in '78 as an UDFA, then went on to produce, is a major accomplishment...[/QUOTE]

They also didn't throw the ball much back then. Weren't many black players and there were far fewer teams.

17 rounds for 13 teams comes out to fewer players drafted in 7 rounds by 32 teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3532799]They also didn't throw the ball much back then. Weren't many black players and there were far fewer teams.

17 rounds for 13 teams comes out to fewer players drafted in 7 rounds by 32 teams.[/QUOTE]

The NFL was a running league but the AFL was a bomb throwing league which is what got me to be a Titan Fan in 1960..:yes:

[QUOTE=Savage69;3532804]The NFL was a running league but the AFL was a bomb throwing league which is what got me to be a Titan Fan in 1960..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Hey, where exactly is the fountain of youth located? the west coast of fla? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Operation Barbarossa;3532807]Hey, where exactly is the fountain of youth located? the west coast of fla? ;)[/QUOTE]
    no way it's anywhere near the west coast of fla.
    the youngest person on the west coast of fla is like 700 yrs old :P
    if i had to guess , i'd say it was near berlin, germany ;)

cheers ~ ~
    :rockon:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3532764]That section is listed in alphabetical order. Rod Smith was obviously better.[/QUOTE]

lol, makes sense. my mistake.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3532799]They also didn't throw the ball much back then. Weren't many black players and there were far fewer teams.

17 rounds for 13 teams comes out to fewer players drafted in 7 rounds by 32 teams.[/QUOTE]

scouting and the draft is more exact now but the talent pool is also much greater than it was ever in the past....

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3532651]Interesting list, thanks for the link.

Good to see our boy Chrebet is on the list, somewhere between 26-50.[/QUOTE]

One of my all time favorites...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532832][B]scouting and the draft is more exact now [/B]but the talent pool is also much greater than it was ever in the past....[/QUOTE]

Laughing, Yeah I guess

I remember reading an interview with one of the old time GMs (pre merger) He told a story about drafting a guy who was dead