Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Bird for you new-jacks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Larry Bird for you new-jacks.

No. He wasnt overrated because he was ______.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dthlcNL0RcM[/url]

Great Vid...thanks for posting. I was in my teens when Larry Legend started for the Celts and what a magical time. It was amazing how a chubby, slow, white guy who couldn't jump worth a damn, was such a dominating player. Not sure he was the best ever, maybe not even the best Celtic ever (Bill Russel?), but he was an incredible force on the parquet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532841]Great Vid...thanks for posting. I was in my teens when Larry Legend started for the Celts and what a magical time. It was amazing how a chubby, slow, white guy who couldn't jump worth a damn, was such a dominating player. Not sure he was the best ever, maybe not even the best Celtic ever (Bill Russel?), but he was an incredible force on the parquet.[/QUOTE]

Slow?

Your teenaged years must have been challenging.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=32green;3532843]Slow?

Your teenaged years must have been challenging.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Slow in a relative sense. Larry was never the fastest guy on the court but he usually was the smartest. His passing prowess , abilty to deek defenders, and incredible shot-making skill was what set him apart, not blowing past guys with blistering speed like say, a Jordan.

Aren't everyone's teenaged years challenging?:cool:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532847]Slow in a relative sense. Larry was never the fastest guy on the court but he usually was the smartest. His passing prowess , abilty to deek defenders, and incredible shot-making skill was what set him apart, not blowing past guys with blistering speed like say, a Jordan.

Aren't everyone's teenaged years challenging?:cool:[/QUOTE]

Watch his hands, not his feet.

[QUOTE=32green;3532848]Watch his hands, not his feet.[/QUOTE]

We agree.

Don't be a-scared.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532851]We agree.

Don't be a-scared.[/QUOTE]

What.

Dont make me sG you.

Banned
    I only got to see Bird's last season in the league and he was amazing to watch. He was a great player to watch and I'm a Knicks fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532847]Slow in a relative sense. Larry was never the fastest guy on the court but he usually was the smartest. His passing prowess , abilty to deek defenders, and incredible shot-making skill was what set him apart, not blowing past guys with blistering speed like say, a Jordan.

Aren't everyone's teenaged years challenging?:cool:[/QUOTE]

Ask Larry about the daughter he has out of wedlock and doesn't acknowledge but has been proven to be his.

That IS the REAL Larry Bird.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3532936]Ask Larry about the daughter he has out of wedlock and doesn't acknowledge but has been proven to be his.

That IS the REAL Larry Bird.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to Michael "my gambling problems may have gotten my father killed" Jordan or Magic "I slept with so many groupies, I caught AIDS" Johnson?

I could care less what Tiger Woods or any other athlete does in their spare time.

The nba when it was great.Not the watered down league it is now

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3532938]As opposed to Michael "my gambling problems may have gotten my father killed" Jordan or Magic "I slept with so many groupies, I caught AIDS" Johnson?

I could care less what Tiger Woods or any other athlete does in their spare time.[/QUOTE]

I am an equal opportunity hater in this area, a Man who denies his children is No man.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3532946]I am an equal opportunity hater in this area, a Man who denies his children is No man.[/QUOTE]

Mene, mene, tikal, parsin....

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3532946]I am an equal opportunity hater in this area, a Man who denies his children is No man.[/QUOTE]

Unlike say, Cromart, who admits to 7 kids by 5 women all at the ripe old age of 26?

Now THERE'S a man you can surely look up to!

Hypocrite.

Banned
    I heard Bird is a prick in real life. Just like plenty of MLB and NFL players who are worshipped on this site. Who cares what he does off the field unless he's a sociopath like Pacman Jones.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532978]I heard Bird is a prick in real life. Just like plenty of MLB and NFL players who are worshipped on this site. Who cares what he does off the field unless he's a sociopath like Pacman Jones.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, I labored under the missapprehension that the fact he could be a doosh like 99% of these guys was implied, yet not germain to this particular discussion, so it wouldnt matter.:rolleyes:

Yes he is a heartless prick, but did you see those passes?:D

Also, I didnt title that hi-lite reel, so I am not declaring him the best ever, ftr.

I simply saw it and realized that I havent seen that level of skill in years in any of the current NBA games I have had the misfortune of watching.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532976]Unlike say, Cromart, who admits to 7 kids by 5 women all at the ripe old age of 26?

Now THERE'S a man you can surely look up to!

Hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

Back to your donut you napoleonic fat pig.;)

I am NO hypocrite. I wouldn't walk across the sreet to shake hands with Cromartie, Bird , Tiger etc...

In my view, some things transcend sports. Being a scumbag father is one of them. Do I admire their skill set, sure, doesn't mean he and ALL like him aren't scumbags.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3532990]Back to your donut you napoleonic fat pig.;)

I am NO hypocrite. I wouldn't walk across the sreet to shake hands with Cromartie, Bird , Tiger etc...

In my view, some things transcend sports. Being a scumbag father is one of them. Do I admire their skill set, sure, doesn't mean he and ALL like him aren't scumbags.[/QUOTE]

Ok, fair enough. I take it back.

FTR...I'm 5'11" and 190#....so you and SG3 need to find new schtick.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532995]Ok, fair enough. I take it back.

FTR...I'm 5'11" and 190#....so you and SG3 need to find new schtick.[/QUOTE]

I assumed because you were italian, you were 5' 6" in shoes.:D

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3533037]I assumed because you were italian, you were 5' 6" in shoes.:D[/QUOTE]

Nah, that would be my cousin....Big Tony.;)