Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IF Im Al Davis I offer patriots Asomugha for

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3532934]two of their second round draft choices. (44, and 47) Simple reason Patriots get a shutdown CB togive them a better chance against Colts pasing attack) Raiders get two high second rounders( rebuild both lines) and get something for Asomugha now. In 2011 Raiders have to pay Asomugha QB type money if hes on the roster. That probably was put in to protect Asomugha. Raiders are playoff contenders he would be willing to restructure. Raiders are not and they aren't paying Qb type money to a Cb that sees very very few passes. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked if Asomugha moved this year.[/QUOTE]

whatever. The Raiduhs will continue to stink up the NFL for years to come. Worst cumulative record in the league over the past decade.

Hall Of Fame
    [url]http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202602[/url]

Enjoy.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. [/QUOTE]

Please explain how you see this coming about.

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3533002]I love how you use his prediction against the Colts, but ignore his other ones that he was correct about before the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

When you make 1,364 predictions, a few are bound to be right.

Lets not even discuss his Rays predictions. :rolleyes:

Banned
    The way some Jet Fans talk here ( Pats won't make playoffs in 2010) it looks like they will be getting a couple of high first round draft picks with the Raider's #1 and their own next year.

If only the Pats were as bad at drafting as Jet fans wished they were.

Bad years yielded only Maroney,Mankins, Merriweather,Mayo plus how many first place finishes? If you say the goal was to win Lombardi's, you'd be right.
    How many Lombardi's have the Jets won with their "Great" drafts over the same time period? How many times have they finished AHEAD of the Pats?

But "Wait til this coming Year" has been the Jet fan's mantra for 40 years now.

Where's the beef?

[QUOTE=FF2;3533116]Please explain how you see this coming about.[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you on that, no one has any idea...

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3533029][QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]

DWC, you HAVE to up those meds, man. Your wishful thinking is reaching DELUSIONAL proportions. The Pats have rarely had the "best defense" in the division during this run. And that "horrid" defense managed to be the 6th best scoring defense in the league last season. How did that happen??? If they were as bad as you say, wouldn't they be ranked in the BOTTOM 10 rather than the TOP 10. And while being the 11th best overall D (a stat that really doesn't matter since the Pats won 2 superbowls with D's that ranked in the 20's) doesn't mark you as a great defense, it DOES show that you are better than 2 thirds of the rest of the league....statistically. How did that happen.

Bottom line - The Pats defense went through a transitional period last year and came out fairly well. THAT defense will be better this year for the year's experience. Think about that.

OH Hyperbole, your name is DWC. I laugh at your juvenile hubris. The Jets DO deserve to be considered front runners for the AFCE crown, but Jet fans like you would do well NOT to dismiss the Pats. I'm sure the Jets staff isn't, because they know better.

[b]If the Pats wanted Cromartie they could have easily worked a better deal and gotten him. In actual production, you know what I mean, plays made on the field, his production less than half of what Leigh Boddin produced....and only slightly better than Shepards. And that's playing against the AFCW.

You guys don't get it. "Looks like Tarzan....Plays like Jane". Cromartie is a TEASE. He will break Jet fans' hearts next season. Don't believe me, just look at his production outside of nine games in 2007. This is going to be "Lito Shephard II", and Jet fans will turning on him by the 4th game.[/b]

And don't give me that crap about him playing in a 'zone defense'. If he were really THAT good playing press coverage don't you think the Charger would let him. Are they THAT dumb? The Fact is that Boddin defended 10 more passes last season, than Cromartie did IN HIS BEST YEAR and THAT was in 2007. Check it out at NFL.com. You are the stat Guy DWC, or do stats ONLY count when they back up YOUR argument? :rolleyes:

[b][u]Believe me the Pats have no more "holes" at this point in the season than the Jets do, and they will all be suitably filled by September.[/b][/u]
    [/QUOTE][/quote]

Man you are a pathetic homer. So you know Cromartie won't be a player based on last year's status? You do know that the reason Rex and the Jets went after him is because of his ability and potential of what he can do in a pressure system, a system he played in two years ago, NOT last year?

You love to cook up stats to spew your homerisms, but you conveniently spin them how YOU want to see them.

The Pats don't have more holes than the Jets?

LMAO

You are a clown

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3533157]Man you are a pathetic homer. So you know Cromartie won't be a player based on last year's status? You do know that the reason Rex and the Jets went after him is because of his ability and potential of what he can do in a pressure system, a system he played in two years ago, NOT last year?

You love to cook up stats to spew your homerisms, but you conveniently spin them how YOU want to see them.

The Pats don't have more holes than the Jets?

LMAO

You are a clown[/QUOTE]

Great post.

Rex Ryan has honestly had his eyes on Cromartie since the year that Cromartie was drafted into the league by the Chargers. If Cromartie were on the board when the Ravens were on the clock; Cromartie would have been a Raven.

As SOON as Rex Ryan had a chance to trade for Cromartie, the deal was done, Cromartie is now a Jet and thats what I love about Woody and Tanny... They knew Rex Ryan was in love with the idea of Cromartie playing opposite of Revis and they landed Rex Ryan 'His Guy'.

Rex Ryan has also stated that Cromartie could be the most talented overall Athlete in the NFL; Thats saying something. The man is big, he's strong, he can play bump and run @ the line, he's quick, he's Blazing FAST, has great hands, plays the ball really good, and also has amazing man to man cover ability.

With a Rex Ryan type of pass rush... Revis and Cromartie on the outside? Are you kidding me? Forget about it. Last year our #1 overall Defense was only a sample. Now? Rex Ryan is starting to get his types of guys. Our Defense is about to DESTROY opposing O's here in 2010.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie and Lowery? Would be simply amazing.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it would, but I hope it doesn't happen. That's just too much money invested in the secondary. Our pass D is good to go. It was #1 last year. We need rush D help.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3533188]ASO to the Pats for two 2's?

Either you are a closet Patriots fan or a football illiterate

Its one or the other and there is no in-between[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue with your logic, but please stay on-topic. This thread is about how the Pats are done and will no way make the playoffs next season.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532980]Considering the quality of your predictions last year, Nostradumbass, I'm not too worried about this one.[/QUOTE]

lol first time i support a patriots fan.

All League
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3532934]two of their second round draft choices. (44, and 47) Simple reason Patriots get a shutdown CB togive them a better chance against Colts pasing attack) Raiders get two high second rounders( rebuild both lines) and get something for Asomugha now. In 2011 Raiders have to pay Asomugha QB type money if hes on the roster. That probably was put in to protect Asomugha. Raiders are playoff contenders he would be willing to restructure. Raiders are not and they aren't paying Qb type money to a Cb that sees very very few passes. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked if Asomugha moved this year.[/QUOTE]

Don't you owe somebody here some money?

And where were you all last season while the Raiders sucked donkey balls?

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3533061]WHO CARES??

You know that so long as the senile old dingbat Al Davis is running the show, the Raiders will ALWAYS suck...[/QUOTE]

LoL....

I respect what Al Davis has done for the NFL but you are 100% right on that one.

Hey maybe he can get lucky and get back that 1st rounder in 2011 that they origonally traded for Seymour LMAO, the Raider Suck!!!

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie and Lowery? Would be simply amazing.

The thing is this; Just about everyone not only knows, but also understands that the Patriots are no longer the team of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best Defense of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best rushing attack of the AFC East... All of the above belongs to the Jets under Rex Ryan as of right now. The Patriots are on the decline in a major way and it's weird... But top FA Players want nothing to do with the Patriots anymore. Nothing. The Patriots have more roster holes than swiss cheese.

It's too funny... Our #2 CB in Cromartie would be the Patriots #1 CB as of right now. Then you have Revis as our #1 CB; The Patriots? As a Jets fan, I dont even worry about the Pats anymore, it's been a while since I've even last posted about the Pats or even responded to a Patriots troll... The Patriots won't even make the playoffs next season.[/QUOTE]

First, your comment about having Revis, Aso, and Cromartie is absurd shows your complete lack of understanding of the NFL and teambuilding. This isnt madden- do you honestly think the Jets can afford to pay all three of these guys? Newsflash- Revis and Aso are going to most likely be the two highest paid defensive players in the NFL over the course of the next decade. For the first time in a long time the Jets actually have some solid young players and the team has tasted success. Unfortunately, with team success comes players wanting a piece of the pie. Assuming a salary cap get worked out by next season I think the Jets are in enough trouble as it is in terms of being able to pay everyone.

Second, how are you writing off the Patriots so quickly? I mean they did finish ahead of the Jets last year (and beat them pretty soundly in their game late in the season). Granted, the Jets caught fire in the playoffs and the Pats shat the bed but I think its a little extreme to completely write them off. The Jets were a 9-7 team last year, a 9-7 team who caught some breaks, got into the playoffs, and made the most of the oppurtunity.

Lastly, your comments about free agency are flat out stupid. There were what 3 or 4 free agents worth signing this year? All of whom were ridiculously overpaid. I think the fact that the Patriots managed to retain most of their major free agents says something about how their guys feel about playing with the Patriots. Furthermore, there are limited roster spots and they have 4 picks in a very deep draft that they need space for.

[QUOTE=TheBostonBengal;3533214]First, your comment about having Revis, Aso, and Cromartie is absurd shows your complete lack of understanding of the NFL and teambuilding. This isnt madden- do you honestly think the Jets can afford to pay all three of these guys? Newsflash- Revis and Aso are going to most likely be the two highest paid defensive players in the NFL over the course of the next decade. For the first time in a long time the Jets actually have some solid young players and the team has tasted success. Unfortunately, with team success comes players wanting a piece of the pie. Assuming a salary cap get worked out by next season I think the Jets are in enough trouble as it is in terms of being able to pay everyone.

Second, how are you writing off the Patriots so quickly? I mean they did finish ahead of the Jets last year (and beat them pretty soundly in their game late in the season). Granted, the Jets caught fire in the playoffs and the Pats shat the bed but I think its a little extreme to completely write them off. The Jets were a 9-7 team last year, a 9-7 team who caught some breaks, got into the playoffs, and made the most of the oppurtunity.

Lastly, your comments about free agency are flat out stupid. There were what 3 or 4 free agents worth signing this year? All of whom were ridiculously overpaid. I think the fact that the Patriots managed to retain most of their major free agents says something about how their guys feel about playing with the Patriots. Furthermore, there are limited roster spots and they have 4 picks in a very deep draft that they need space for.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, reasoned response, but don't expect him to understand. He's still too young to realize what it is he doesn't know, much less learn what is actually tue. The mere fact that he can call out a team as "done" in March, well before rosters are even set, is indicative of whatyour dealing with here, a blind homer to the Nth degree.

He'll continue to make hundreds of 1000 word prediction posts this off-season and after all is done, he'll cherry-pick the few that came true and come back and say "See...I just knew"...and "You know nothing about the game of football".
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 03-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3533219]Excellent, reasoned response, but don't expect him to understand. He's still too young to realize what it is he doesn't know, much less learn what is actually tue. The mere fact that he can call out a team as "done" in March, well before rosters are even set, is indicative of whatyour dealing with here, a blind homer to the Nth degree.[/QUOTE]

I think this calls for a list of elite talents on the Jets. I think some of us have forgotten. DWC can you help us out?

Don't leave out Cromartie- ELITE playmaking type of taltent. Physical freak. Reads at a second grade level. 5 kids with 5 different women type of talent. OMG.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3533126]Bad years yielded only Maroney,Mankins, Merriweather,Mayo [/QUOTE]

So the Patsies can only hit on drafting players whose surname starts with "M"? ;)

Could make your draft board nice and simple if that's the case. :D

to all the pats trolls, i agree with dwc. and i'll take it a step further. brady's subpar season will lead to speculation whether or not he will return to NE

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3533224][B]to all the pats trolls, i agree with dwc[/B]. and i'll take it a step further. brady's subpar season will lead to speculation whether or not he will return to NE[/QUOTE]

What?

(don't even bother to explain...you lost it with the very first sentence.)

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3533188]ASO to the Pats for two 2's?

Either you are a closet Patriots fan or a football illiterate[/QUOTE]

First off Raiders aren't paying Asomugha Qb money in 2011. They probably have to move him this offseason or next year cut him and get nothing. What contending team has multiple high draft choices. asomugha not going to Browns and restructuring his contract.(so you really can only trade him to contending teams) For this reason there is a very good chancfe Asomugha moved this offseason. Might not be the patriots.(that was just a team with multiple draft choices) Probably couldn't even afford him.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-21-2010 at 04:03 PM.