Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IF Im Al Davis I offer patriots Asomugha for

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheBostonBengal;3533214]complete lack of understanding of the NFL ........flat out stupid......[/QUOTE]

:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3533229]First off Raiders aren't paying Asomugha Qb money in 2011. They probably have to move him this offseason or next year cut him and get nothing.[/QUOTE]

Guess what. Other teams know this too. No one is giving up draft picks for him when they know the Raiders will probably cut him anyway. :eek:

And did you ever pay up on your bet or are your still a welcher?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3533231]:eek:[/QUOTE]

clearly, Boston Bengal is not aware of all the great things DWC has "made known"

foolz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3533157]Man you are a pathetic homer. So you know Cromartie won't be a player based on last year's status? You do know that the reason Rex and the Jets went after him is because of his ability and potential of what he can do in a pressure system, a system he played in two years ago, NOT last year?

You love to cook up stats to spew your homerisms, but you conveniently spin them how YOU want to see them.

The Pats don't have more holes than the Jets?

LMAO

You are a clown[/QUOTE]

Ray, I'll ignore the personal attack, because that is what you are good at, and without you're and empty shell. But the fact is that Cromartie has been the league for 4 full seasons, and with the exception of NINE games in 2007 his career is only highlighted by complete mediocrity. Go out and check out those 9 games and you will find that 9 his his 10 picks were made against QBs who were career back ups. Charlie Frye is one that comes immediately to mind.

What you are trying to tell me is that he's an elite CB who was held back because his SD coaches refused to let him play press coverage. You are also telling me and other Jet fans, that somehow Rex Ryan will turn him into a elite CB because he's playing in this system. SURE, just like he turned around Vernon

Hey, last season the Jets had the best D in the league, and your "other" CB was Lito Shepard (who you ran out of town). This season the Jets may still have the best D in the league, but it won't be because your other CB is Andre Cromarie. It will be DESPITE of it. (just as it was with Lito).

Finally it should be pointed out that after Shepard was acquired, the same sort of hyperbolic posts about an invincible secondary were being routinely posted. Well Peyton Manning didn't have any trouble that 2nd half crushing it, and IIRC, neither did Tom Brady....in the 2nd meeting....IN NJ.

So cry out Ray, and call me names. You have the bluster.....I have the facts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    RayRay can't help himself.

He's to the Jets what I am to the Pats.

But at least I admit it :yes:

"Never met a Patriot I didn't like"

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3533266]Ray, I'll ignore the personal attack, because that is what you are good at, and without you're and empty shell. But the fact is that Cromartie has been the league for 4 full seasons, and with the exception of NINE games in 2007 his career is only highlighted by complete mediocrity. Go out and check out those 9 games and you will find that 9 his his 10 picks were made against QBs who were career back ups. Charlie Frye is one that comes immediately to mind.

What you are trying to tell me is that he's an elite CB who was held back because his SD coaches refused to let him play press coverage. You are also telling me and other Jet fans, that somehow Rex Ryan will turn him into a elite CB because he's playing in this system. SURE, just like he turned around Vernon

Hey, last season the Jets had the best D in the league, and your "other" CB was Lito Shepard (who you ran out of town). This season the Jets may still have the best D in the league, but it won't be because your other CB is Andre Cromarie. It will be DESPITE of it. (just as it was with Lito).

Finally it should be pointed out that after Shepard was acquired, the same sort of hyperbolic posts about an invincible secondary were being routinely posted. Well Peyton Manning didn't have any trouble that 2nd half crushing it, and IIRC, neither did Tom Brady....in the 2nd meeting....IN NJ.

So cry out Ray, and call me names. You have the bluster.....I have the facts.[/QUOTE]

So 9 out of 10 picks in 07 were against career back-ups? Hmm that's interesting because 3 of those picks were against Peyton Manning...in one game.Is he a career back up?You know the guy you claimed in a previous post scored 30 pionts in half against the Jets in the AFCCG(it was actually 17 but math's obviously a problem for you).
    Also Brady shredded the Jets in Foxboro not NJ. Guess geography isn't a strong point either?
    So yeah you have facts on your side, as long as you can exagerate the hell out of them.:zzz:
    As far as Cromartie goes I think I'll take Rex's opinion of him over your's. I have a feeling he know's quite a bit more about how to evaluate a player then you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote]Also Brady shredded the Jets in Foxboro not NJ.[/quote]

duh

You realize what you just admitted? :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3533229]First off Raiders aren't paying Asomugha Qb money in 2011. They probably have to move him this offseason or next year cut him and get nothing. What contending team has multiple high draft choices. asomugha not going to Browns and restructuring his contract.(so you really can only trade him to contending teams) For this reason there is a very good chancfe Asomugha moved this offseason. Might not be the patriots.(that was just a team with multiple draft choices) Probably couldn't even afford him.[/QUOTE]

The Raiders already paid Aso nearly 16 million dollars in a bonus two weeks ago. If they were going to trade him it would have been before his option was due. As for next year I believe his salary is protected so its unlikely he will be cut. The guy is a great player but the deal the Raiders gave him is one of the most insane contracts of all time. 45 million for 3 years on a bad team. Makes zero sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3532964]Pats have Brady's and Mankins' contracts to negotiate next year. No way they want to try and negotiate another big one. BB will build toward the future with the early draft picks. Bodden and Butler will do just fine for now.[/QUOTE]

Considering how badly that secondary got torched at times last year, we can only hope the Patriots agree with your take. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3533395]Considering how badly that secondary got torched at times last year, we can only hope the Patriots agree with your take. ;)[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1[/url]

Yeah, Pat's pass D really got torched ... #12 team in NFL vs Pass. And only a couple yds/game out of top ten. Butler out of his rookie season and Bodden a year in BB's defense. Drafting an edge rusher will make a big difference also.
    Poor Pats
    :yes::yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jason423;3533365]The Raiders already paid Aso nearly 16 million dollars in a bonus two weeks ago. If they were going to trade him it would have been before his option was due. As for next year I believe his salary is protected so its unlikely he will be cut. The guy is a great player but the deal the Raiders gave him is one of the most insane contracts of all time. 45 million for 3 years on a bad team. Makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

Again its pure specualtion on my part. Raiders didn't want to franchise Asomugha and leave a bad taste in his mouth. They gave him a hugh contract where the third year it jumps to QB pay 16- 18 million dollars. They never plan to pay him that last year as they were always going to restructure that contract.(I don't know where your getting his contracts protected) Asomugha has made enough money already and wants to play for a championship. Raiders make the playoffs in 2010 and Asomugha will restructure. They don't hes not restructing and will go to team that gives him a better chance to win one. (JMO that was Al Davis promise to Asomugha give him three years to turn this around.

Raiders don't have to trade Asomugha this year but come next year they will lose him for nothing. This year they can trade him to a contender(only teams Asomugha will restructure) Raiders keep him they better be playing in the playoffs in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3533452]I don't know where your getting his contracts protected[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/asomugha-lands-complex-three-year-deal-with-raiders/[/url]

[QUOTE]The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3533266]Ray, I'll ignore the personal attack, because that is what you are good at, and without you're and empty shell. But the fact is that Cromartie has been the league for 4 full seasons, and with the exception of NINE games in 2007 his career is only highlighted by complete mediocrity. Go out and check out those 9 games and you will find that 9 his his 10 picks were made against QBs who were career back ups. Charlie Frye is one that comes immediately to mind.

So cry out Ray, and call me names. You have the bluster.....I have the facts.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a troll in denial , you appear trying to convince himself. Just perception. Face it dude your team is the over the hill gang:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3533452]Again its pure specualtion on my part. Raiders didn't want to franchise Asomugha and leave a bad taste in his mouth. They gave him a hugh contract where the third year it jumps to QB pay 16- 18 million dollars. They never plan to pay him that last year as they were always going to restructure that contract.(I don't know where your getting his contracts protected) Asomugha has made enough money already and wants to play for a championship. Raiders make the playoffs in 2010 and Asomugha will restructure. They don't hes not restructing and will go to team that gives him a better chance to win one. (JMO that was Al Davis promise to Asomugha give him three years to turn this around.

Raiders don't have to trade Asomugha this year but come next year they will lose him for nothing. This year they can trade him to a contender(only teams Asomugha will restructure) Raiders keep him they better be playing in the playoffs in 2010.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand Asomugha's third year becomes guaranteed if he reaches some type of performance incentive in either 2009 or 2010. Once he hits it the outrageous salary in 2011 becomes protected. If he does not hit it then the contract voids in 2011.

He earned 12 million in year 1 and will earn about 16 million in year 2. Even if that salary in 2011 is not protected I cant see why, if the Raiders paid him that amount in cash these past two years, they would never be willing to pay him 16.7 in year 3. Its an extra 700K over what they will have paid him by the end of this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rich Miano;3533282]So 9 out of 10 picks in 07 were against career back-ups? Hmm that's interesting because 3 of those picks were against Peyton Manning...in one game.Is he a career back up?You know the guy you claimed in a previous post scored 30 pionts in half against the Jets in the AFCCG(it was actually 17 but math's obviously a problem for you).
    Also Brady shredded the Jets in Foxboro not NJ. Guess geography isn't a strong point either?
    So yeah you have facts on your side, as long as you can exagerate the hell out of them.:zzz:
    As far as Cromartie goes I think I'll take Rex's opinion of him over your's. I have a feeling he know's quite a bit more about how to evaluate a player then you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info correction, For the record, here is the breakdown for Cromartie's picks in 2007

Week 6 against Oakland: 1 INT off Josh McCown 69
    Ween 8 against Houston : 2 INT off Matt Schaub
    Week 10 against Indy: 3 INT off of Manning
    Week 13 against KC: 2 INT off Damon Huard
    Week 14 against Tennessee: 1 INT off Vince Young
    Week 15 against Detroit: 1 INT off John Kitna

Pardon for the use of Hyperbole in my original post, or rather my believing what I read in another post on a SD board. I know its a first for this board. ;) I stand corrected on the details, but my original point remains intact.

In his 4 year career, with the exception of a 9 game stretch in 2007 Antonio Cromartie has been a very average to below average CB, who doesn't like to tackle. Like Ben Watson, he is possessed with freakish combination of size and speed, which rarely translated into production on the field. He is not a total stiff, but he's NOT the second coming of Deon Sanders either...not even the second coming of Leigh Boddin.

And as you see from the list above, except for Manning, none of these QBs were household names when he made those picks. Young was a rookie, and Schaub was in his first year as a starter. It should be noted that 10 picks against anyone in the NFL is a hell of a year, but in the rest of his 4 year career COMBINED doesn't equal what he did in those 9 game THREE seasons ago.

The more sane among you answer me by agreeing with my point, but adding that while he isn't the second coming, he's an upgrade over Lito Shepard. To that I have to concur. He probably IS an upgrade, but not MUCH of one....at least according to his production on the field.

The other point the sane make is that he's a low risk, high reward gamble. He didn't cost much in the way of salary and picks, and he's playing for his next contract. To that I can only concur, and its the best part of this trade for the Jets.

To repeat my original point in another manner. The "Cromartie County Jail" hasn't had many prisoners the last 2 years. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3533573]Thanks for the info correction, For the record, here is the breakdown for Cromartie's picks in 2007

Pardon for the use of Hyperbole in my original post, or rather my believing what I read in another post on a SD board. I know its a first for this board. ;) I stand corrected on the details, but my original point remains intact.

In his 4 year career, with the exception of a 9 game stretch in 2007 Antonio Cromartie has been a very average to below average CB, who doesn't like to tackle. Like Ben Watson, he is possessed with freakish combination of size and speed, which rarely translated into production on the field. He is not a total stiff, but he's NOT the second coming of Deon Sanders either...not even the second coming of Leigh Boddin.

And as you see from the list above, except for Manning, none of these QBs were household names when he made those picks. Young was a rookie, and Schaub was in his first year as a starter. It should be noted that 10 picks against anyone in the NFL is a hell of a year, but in the rest of his 4 year career COMBINED doesn't equal what he did in those 9 game THREE seasons ago.

The more sane among you answer me by agreeing with my point, but adding that while he isn't the second coming, he's an upgrade over Lito Shepard. To that I have to concur. He probably IS an upgrade, but not MUCH of one....at least according to his production on the field.

The other point the sane make is that he's a low risk, high reward gamble. He didn't cost much in the way of salary and picks, and he's playing for his next contract. To that I can only concur, and its the best part of this trade for the Jets.

To repeat my original point in another manner. The "Cromartie County Jail" hasn't had many prisoners the last 2 years. :D[/QUOTE]

excellent long detailed post, Cheating Wins Championships

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Cromartie is the next Corey Dillon for the Jets :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3533573]Thanks for the info correction, For the record, here is the breakdown for Cromartie's picks in 2007

To repeat my original point in another manner. The "Cromartie County Jail" hasn't had many prisoners the last 2 years. :D[/QUOTE]

And in the playoffs he picked off Manning again, and also picked off some guy named Brady. I don't know, you might have heard of him?

PS: Matt Schaub was pretty damn good that year, as shown by his almost 90 QB rating. I would call 2 picks off of him a pretty decent accomplishment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3533410][url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1[/url]

Yeah, Pat's pass D really got torched ... #12 team in NFL vs Pass. And only a couple yds/game out of top ten. Butler out of his rookie season and Bodden a year in BB's defense. Drafting an edge rusher will make a big difference also.
    Poor Pats
    :yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Schaub 24/39, 303 yds, 2 TD, INT
    Brees 18/23, 371 yds, 5 TD
    Manning 28/44, 327 yds, 4 TD, 2 INT
    Orton 35/48, 330 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
    Henne (Game 2) 29/52, 335 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
    Flacco 27/47, 264 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

If anything, you should probably take a look at Ken's argument re: Padding Stats against poor opponents, since 11/16 of your regular season opponents ranked 18th or below in passing the ball (Two of which still managed to be listed above). That's pretty much the only explanation for your 12th ranked Pass Defense. :rolleyes:

As a Jets fan, I'm praying Belicheck agrees with your take. Don't address the secondary, there's nothing wrong with being lit up like this. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the Pats made this fantasy trade for Aso, I'm pretty sure they would have the highest or close to the highest paid secondary in the league. i don't think Belichick's ego would allow that to happen after winning a SB with Troy Brown in the secondary.

thread dumb.

bonus dumb for the DWC idea that the Jets would get Aso and still have Cromartie on the roster.