Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IF Im Al Davis I offer patriots Asomugha for

IF Im Al Davis I offer patriots Asomugha for

two of their second round draft choices. (44, and 47) Simple reason Patriots get a shutdown CB togive them a better chance against Colts pasing attack) Raiders get two high second rounders( rebuild both lines) and get something for Asomugha now. In 2011 Raiders have to pay Asomugha QB type money if hes on the roster. That probably was put in to protect Asomugha. Raiders are playoff contenders he would be willing to restructure. Raiders are not and they aren't paying Qb type money to a Cb that sees very very few passes. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked if Asomugha moved this year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3532934]two of their second round draft choices. (44, and 47) Simple reason Patriots get a shutdown CB togive them a better chance against Colts pasing attack) Raiders get two high second rounders( rebuild both lines) and get something for Asomugha now. In 2011 Raiders have to pay Asomugha QB type money if hes on the roster. That probably was put in to protect Asomugha. Raiders are playoff contenders he would be willing to restructure. Raiders are not and they aren't paying Qb type money to a Cb that sees very very few passes. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked if Asomugha moved this year.[/QUOTE]

That would be a steal for the Patsies* and lets hope the management of the Raiders has some smarts when dealing with the talent of Asomugha, but this is the Raiders.

Banned
    Pats have Brady's and Mankins' contracts to negotiate next year. No way they want to try and negotiate another big one. BB will build toward the future with the early draft picks. Bodden and Butler will do just fine for now.

Veteran
    And they'd draft a stiff and a stiff and a half with those two.

A more pressing question concerns me. When the **** did this turn into a Raiders draft forum? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3532934]two of their second round draft choices. (44, and 47) Simple reason Patriots get a shutdown CB togive them a better chance against Colts pasing attack) Raiders get two high second rounders( rebuild both lines) and get something for Asomugha now. In 2011 Raiders have to pay Asomugha QB type money if hes on the roster. That probably was put in to protect Asomugha. Raiders are playoff contenders he would be willing to restructure. Raiders are not and they aren't paying Qb type money to a Cb that sees very very few passes. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked if Asomugha moved this year.[/QUOTE]

The Pats didn't want to pay Asante Samuel no way would they pay huge money to Asomugha..

Banned
    I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie and Lowery? Would be simply amazing.

The thing is this; Just about everyone not only knows, but also understands that the Patriots are no longer the team of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best Defense of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best rushing attack of the AFC East... All of the above belongs to the Jets under Rex Ryan as of right now. The Patriots are on the decline in a major way and it's weird... But top FA Players want nothing to do with the Patriots anymore. Nothing. The Patriots have more roster holes than swiss cheese.

It's too funny... Our #2 CB in Cromartie would be the Patriots #1 CB as of right now. Then you have Revis as our #1 CB; The Patriots? As a Jets fan, I dont even worry about the Pats anymore, it's been a while since I've even last posted about the Pats or even responded to a Patriots troll... The Patriots won't even make the playoffs next season.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie and Lowery? Would be simply amazing.

The thing is this; Just about everyone not only knows, but also understands that the Patriots are no longer the team of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best Defense of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best rushing attack of the AFC East... All of the above belongs to the Jets under Rex Ryan as of right now. The Patriots are on the decline in a major way and it's weird... But top FA Players want nothing to do with the Patriots anymore. Nothing. The Patriots have more roster holes than swiss cheese.

It's too funny... Our #2 CB in Cromartie would be the Patriots #1 CB as of right now. Then you have Revis as our #1 CB; The Patriots? As a Jets fan, I dont even worry about the Pats anymore, it's been a while since I've even last posted about the Pats or even responded to a Patriots troll... The [B]Patriots won't even make the playoffs next season[/B].[/QUOTE]

Considering the quality of your predictions last year, Nostradumbass, I'm not too worried about this one.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532980]Considering the quality of your predictions last year, Nostradumbass, I'm not too worried about this one.[/QUOTE]

I smell personal attack. Mods, please ban Vinny ASAP.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532980]Considering the quality of your predictions last year, Nostradumbass, I'm not too worried about this one.[/QUOTE]

During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 Defense under Rex Ryan; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 rushing attack; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted that Percy Harvin was the most explosive Offensive college talent heading into the draft; He actually ended up earning the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

This Offseason? I'm predicting the Jets to win the AFC East while the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Patriots finish no better than 7-9 next season. No talent in the backfield, Wes Welker could be gone for the entire season, no LB talent, that Secondary is pretty damn horrid and overall... The Patriots are no longer feared. Remember that Ravens playoff game? @ Home, in NE? Remember that game? Did you see what an above average team such as the Ravens did to the Patriots? They smashed that Patriots team on the road.Get ready for more of that... The decline has just begun.

Tom Brady? He'll never be the same. His playoff winning ways are now over and done with. Get Ready Jet fans; The Patriots are on the verge of becoming that team that no one around the League even cares enough to talk about anymore (Just like it's always been). The Dolphins have always and will always be the #1 Rivals of the Jets. The Patriots? No big deal anymore.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 03-21-2010 at 10:00 AM.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532985]During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 Defense under Rex Ryan; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 rushing attack; I was correct.

During the offseason, I predicted that Percy Harvin was the most explosive Offensive college talent heading into the draft; He actually ended up earning the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

This Offseason? I'm predicting the Jets to win the AFC East while the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Patriots finish no better than 7-9 next season. No talent in the backfield, Wes Welker could be gone for the entire season, no LB talent, that Secondary is pretty damn horrid and overall... The Patriots are no longer feared. Remember that Ravens playoff game? @ Home, in NE? Remember that game? Did you see what an above average team such as the Ravens did to the Patriots? Get ready for more of that... The decline has just begun.[/QUOTE]

Like I said. Your predictions suck.:yes:

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532985][B]Manning and the Colts won't score more than 13 points tommorow; 14 if their lucky.[/B]

Darrelle Revis is about to lock down and shut down Reggie Wayne. Reggie Wayne won't get into the End Zone.

Kerry Rhodes, with the help of our LB's, will lock up on Dallas Clark. Dallas Clark won't get into the End Zone.

Once our Front 7, under Rex Ryan, shuts down Joseph Addai along with the Colts horrid rushing attack, it's over for Manning and the Colts; over.

Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon will not beat this Jets Defense, not during this AFC Championship game, not with Rex Ryan calling the plays and running the show. Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery and Donald Strickland are ready for these guys.

Wayne, Clark and Addai will all be non factors, Manning will then make mistakes under pressure. This Rex Ryan Defensive attack will cause Manning to become confused like never before. Get ready Jet fans, Our Defense is about to play on Beast mode, for 4 quarters strong.

Defense Wins Championships.

Games are Won in the Trenches.

Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene will combine for over 220+ rushing yards and 3 TD's. Our O-Line has the ability, talent and potential to DOMINATE this small Colts front 7 like no tomorrow.

Mark Sanchez is ready, he's ready.
    Manning and the Colts won't score more than 13 points tommorow; 14 if their lucky.

Darrelle Revis is about to lock down and shut down Reggie Wayne. Reggie Wayne won't get into the End Zone.

Kerry Rhodes, with the help of our LB's, will lock up on Dallas Clark. Dallas Clark won't get into the End Zone.

Once our Front 7, under Rex Ryan, shuts down Joseph Addai along with the Colts horrid rushing attack, it's over for Manning and the Colts; over.

Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon will not beat this Jets Defense, not during this AFC Championship game, not with Rex Ryan calling the plays and running the show. Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery and Donald Strickland are ready for these guys.

Wayne, Clark and Addai will all be non factors, Manning will then make mistakes under pressure. This Rex Ryan Defensive attack will cause Manning to become confused like never before. Get ready Jet fans, Our Defense is about to play on Beast mode, for 4 quarters strong.

Defense Wins Championships.

Games are Won in the Trenches.

Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene will combine for over 220+ rushing yards and 3 TD's. Our O-Line has the ability, talent and potential to DOMINATE this small Colts front 7 like no tomorrow.

Mark Sanchez is ready, he's ready.
    .[/QUOTE]

The Raiders can't afford to pay the salary of two 2nd rounders because they gave all of their money to their kicker. Good luck on another 4 win season!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532985]During the offseason, I predicted the Jets would have a top 5 Defense under Rex Ryan; I was correct.

This Offseason? I'm predicting the Jets to win the AFC East while the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Patriots finish no better than 7-9 next season. No talent in the backfield, Wes Welker could be gone for the entire season, no LB talent, that Secondary is pretty damn horrid and overall... The Patriots are no longer feared. Remember that Ravens playoff game? @ Home, in NE? Remember that game? Did you see what an above average team such as the Ravens did to the Patriots? They smashed that Patriots team on the road.Get ready for more of that... The decline has just begun.

Tom Brady? He'll never be the same. His playoff winning ways are now over and done with. Get Ready Jet fans; The Patriots are on the verge of becoming that team that no one around the League even cares enough to talk about anymore (Just like it's always been). The Dolphins have always and will always be the #1 Rivals of the Jets. The Patriots? No big deal anymore.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3532983]I smell personal attack. Mods, please ban Vinny ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Thats all Vinny the troll is here for to stir **** up. No intelligence or contribution to the board. Every thread he is on gets side tracked and becomes unreadable.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532989]Like I said. Your predictions suck.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I love how you use his prediction against the Colts, but ignore his other ones that he was correct about before the start of the season.

Of COURSE he is going to predict a Jet win....weren't we all doing that?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3533002]I love how you use his prediction against the Colts, but ignore his other ones that he was correct about before the start of the season.

Of COURSE he is going to predict a Jet win....weren't we all doing that?[/QUOTE]

He is only here to flame arguments and incite:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    I like this Russiangreen guy.... he's an equal opportunity smeller

All League
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]

[QUOTE]The thing is this; Just about everyone not only knows, but also understands that the Patriots are no longer the team of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best Defense of the AFC East, the Patriots no longer have the best rushing attack of the AFC East... All of the above belongs to the Jets under Rex Ryan as of right now. The Patriots are on the decline in a major way and it's weird... But top FA Players want nothing to do with the Patriots anymore. Nothing. The Patriots have more roster holes than swiss cheese.
    [/QUOTE]

DWC, you HAVE to up those meds, man. Your wishful thinking is reaching DELUSIONAL proportions. The Pats have rarely had the "best defense" in the division during this run. And that "horrid" defense managed to be the 6th best scoring defense in the league last season. How did that happen??? If they were as bad as you say, wouldn't they be ranked in the BOTTOM 10 rather than the TOP 10. And while being the 11th best overall D (a stat that really doesn't matter since the Pats won 2 superbowls with D's that ranked in the 20's) doesn't mark you as a great defense, it DOES show that you are better than 2 thirds of the rest of the league....statistically. How did that happen.

Bottom line - The Pats defense went through a transitional period last year and came out fairly well. THAT defense will be better this year for the year's experience. Think about that.

[QUOTE]It's too funny... Our #2 CB in Cromartie would be the Patriots #1 CB as of right now. Then you have Revis as our #1 CB; The Patriots? As a Jets fan, I dont even worry about the Pats anymore, it's been a while since I've even last posted about the Pats or even responded to a Patriots troll... The Patriots won't even make the playoffs next season.[/QUOTE]

OH Hyperbole, your name is DWC. I laugh at your juvenile hubris. The Jets DO deserve to be considered front runners for the AFCE crown, but Jet fans like you would do well NOT to dismiss the Pats. I'm sure the Jets staff isn't, because they know better.

If the Pats wanted Cromartie they could have easily worked a better deal and gotten him. In actual production, you know what I mean, plays made on the field, his production less than half of what Leigh Boddin produced....and only slightly better than Shepards. And that's playing against the AFCW.

You guys don't get it. "Looks like Tarzan....Plays like Jane". Cromartie is a TEASE. He will break Jet fans' hearts next season. Don't believe me, just look at his production outside of nine games in 2007. This is going to be "Lito Shephard II", and Jet fans will turning on him by the 4th game.

And don't give me that crap about him playing in a 'zone defense'. If he were really THAT good playing press coverage don't you think the Charger would let him. Are they THAT dumb? The Fact is that Boddin defended 10 more passes last season, than Cromartie did IN HIS BEST YEAR and THAT was in 2007. Check it out at NFL.com. You are the stat Guy DWC, or do stats ONLY count when they back up YOUR argument? :rolleyes:

Believe me the Pats have no more "holes" at this point in the season than the Jets do, and they will all be suitably filled by September.

Let me anticipate your sorry rebut to this post. Yes the Pats played a horrid game in the playoffs. Everything that could go wrong DID go wrong in that 24-0 first period. But if you are going to define a team by a single game, don't forget that 30 point half that the all world Jet defense gave in in THEIR last game. Are you prepared to define the Jets D with THAT sorry effort????
    No, I didn't think so.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited by patsfanken; 03-21-2010 at 10:49 AM.

The Patriots don't have the money to pay him. They're trying to figure out how to keep their own players, just like the Jets are.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3532975]I believe that Aso will be a Jet next season. Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie and Lowery? Would be simply amazing.[/QUOTE]

Sure it would be amazing, but who do we let go to fit Aso under the cap in 2012? Mangold, Revis or Brick? We have a huge resigning challenge for those guys plus Harris in the next 12 months and that probably means no more huge signings for a year or two.

WHO CARES??

You know that so long as the senile old dingbat Al Davis is running the show, the Raiders will ALWAYS suck...