Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Jets Fans

Question for Jets Fans

Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

[B][I]Who is a former Jets player that you want fans of other teams to know about?[/I][/B]

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=EmDiggy;3533159]Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

[B][I]Who is a former Jets player that you want fans of other teams to know about?[/I][/B]

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"[/QUOTE]

Mickey Shuler, Joe Fields, Mo Lewis, Aaron Glenn, Wayne Chrebet

All Pro
    If David Harris's name was Coco Cokblade he would be a household name. But his name is the equivalent of Jon Doe. I honestly think that's why he's not considered the best LBer in the game.

In history I'd say Toon and Walker, that tandem when healthy was incredible.

[QUOTE=EmDiggy;3533159]Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3533162]Mickey Shuler, Joe Fields, Mo Lewis, Aaron Glenn, Wayne Chrebet[/QUOTE]

Lance Mehl, Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Marty Lyons

I purposefully leave off Joe Klecko because I assume everyone knows him and that he should be in Canton by now.

Very goods....

When healthy - Daryl Ray

Richard Todd - following Namath was under rated

Mickey Shuler - of course, could always get open

Freeman McNeil - class act

These are some good options guys! Mickey was a very solid TE! Toon was one of the NFL's Best!.. Keep the suggestions coming guys

dennis byrd...might have gone down as one of the greats if not for the neck injury.
    Jeff Lageman

the combination of those 2 were deadly...too bad the rest of our team at the time pretty much blew!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3533168]Lance Mehl, Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Marty Lyons

I purposefully leave off Joe Klecko because I assume everyone knows him and that he should be in Canton by now.[/QUOTE]

I left hall of famers like Klecko, Martin and McNeil off

Browning Nagle for sure...................

Pete Lammons
    Randy Beverly
    Emerson Boozer
    Matt Snell
    Big John Elliott

Actually all the players who were on the 68 team who won the 69 SB

:)

Victor Green and Mo Lewis were very underated in not so good teams.

All League
    Victo Green - Safety

Lead the league in tackling, was one of the few bright spots on the mid 90's teams till Parcells got here.

Mo Lewis - Linebacker

Mo was the silent leader of the defense and basiclly the team in the 90's, was a excellent player and a class act, personally my favorite choice for this topic.

Richie Anderson - Full Back

The guy made big plays not only blocking, but was a hell of a reciever out of the backfield, very under rated.

Sean "Big Cat" Ellis - Defensive End

The guy has the longest tenure with the team and has been a very productive player in the 4-3 and 3-4 through out his career. One big play I remember was in the 2005 Divisional Playoff Game in Pittsburgh, forced a fumble on Bettis while PIT was in scoring position which kept us ahead even though we eventually lost in OT. Also through that gigantic snowball at the fan in SEA in 2008 when they were pegging the whole team, that was some classic sh*t!

Other Notables

Marvin Jones (LB) Aaron Glenn (CB) Laverneous Coles (WR) Jericho Cotchery (WR)

All League
    Brad Baxter - A great bowling ball FB.

oops - just saw the post above me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3533167]Coco Cokblade[/QUOTE]

i lol'ed

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3533190][B]RB JOHNNY HECTOR[/B] [COLOR=red](Texas A&M)[/COLOR]

Easily could have started for half the teams in the NFL and been a feature back

His career was just prior to free agency so that was never an option, instead he was #2 behind Freeman McNeil, but any time Freeman went down (as he did fairly often), the Jets offense never missed a beat with Hector

He was also a notorious Dolphin killer who gave Don Shula nightmares[/QUOTE]

Nice 1..... Wesley Walker & Al Toon were very good maybe just short of HOF

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3533190][B]RB JOHNNY HECTOR[/B] [COLOR="Red"](Texas A&M)[/COLOR]

Easily could have started for half the teams in the NFL and been a feature back

His career was just prior to free agency so that was never an option, instead he was #2 behind Freeman McNeil, but any time Freeman went down (as he did fairly often), the Jets offense never missed a beat with Hector

He was also a notorious Dolphin killer who gave Don Shula nightmares[/QUOTE]

This is who my cousin, who's from New Iberia, LA always talked about...partly because he grew up with him... He was a really good RB!

All Pro
    A few other players who shone brightly for a few years as Jets - all somewhat enigmatic

George Sauer Jr. - He retired at 27 after 4 Pro Bowls in 5 years - SB 3 and '63 Texas national champion
    Cerebral with a capital C left the game way too early

Erik McMillian

Rob Moore

Adrian Murrell

Johnny Johnson
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    surprised nobody has mentioned Winston Hill yet...from what i understand he helped revolutionize the LT spot yet he hasnt sniffed the hall yet

All Pro
    Without question #75 Winston Hill. Jets fo did a great job honoring him last year, but the rest of the NFL & media should put him where he belongs(In the HOF).

All Pro
    [QUOTE=deadringer;3533252]surprised nobody has mentioned Winston Hill yet...from what i understand he helped revolutionize the LT spot yet he hasnt sniffed the hall yet[/QUOTE]

I thought this was for very good and not HOF. Winston Hill belongs in the HOF