Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Jets Fans

Gerry Philbin. 19 sacks in 14 games in 68. Maybe the greatest DE in AFL history

Rookie
    Duane Crutchfield. Not sure of the spelling but that man ran the ball with alot of mean. Was a hell of a blocker also.

[QUOTE=Rich Miano;3533268]Gerry Philbin. 19 sacks in 14 games in 68. Maybe the greatest DE in AFL history[/QUOTE]

Probably the greatest Defensive player in Jets history up until right now with Revis. Short career but he was healthy and lead the D in our only SB season.

Verlon Biggs, John Elliot, Sherman Plunkett, Abdul Salaam AKA Soldier of Peace, Bruce Harper, Al Atkinson,Jerome Barkum, Marvin Powell, Bill Baird, Stan Blinka, Richard Caster,Kyle Clifton, Sam Deluca, Jason Fabini, Joe Fields, Victor Green, Jim Hudson, Randi Rasmunssen, John Riggins, Johny Sample, John Schmidt, Otis "toast" Smith, Randy Thomas, Sam Walton, Al Wodall.

Top 10 NYJ not in the HOF (Revis and Martin are going in, Revis on the first ballot):

Al Toon
    Sauer Jr.
    Winston Hill
    Joe Klecko
    Gerry Philbin
    Marvin Powell
    Kevin Mawae
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Aaron Glenn
    Nick Mangold

All Pro
    Another guy I would add is Wahoo McDaniel. I was to young to ever remember seeing the guy play, but my dad and other people who saw him play during the Jets first couple of years at Shea said the guy was a beast.

They did a nice story on him in the History of the AFL series.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 03-22-2010 at 09:45 PM.

All League
    Doug Brien..... jk:D

word up @ adrian murrell