Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Golden Tate and Jimmy Clausen are the two most underrated prospects in the draft

  1. #1

    Golden Tate and Jimmy Clausen are the two most underrated prospects in the draft

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Shq4-9Xn5M



    I've been on the "draft a defensive player" bandwagon all year... And still am.

    I just can't help think how much of a steal Tate would be at 29.

  2. #2
    Tate's underrated? By who?

    Clausen OTOH...that guy is underrated.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Tate's underrated? By who?

    Clausen OTOH...that guy is underrated.
    People who don't have him as the #2 WR in the draft and going as late as pick 50.

    He was the most explosive player in college football last year.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,523
    I've watched every Notre Dame Fighting Irish football game since I was 6 and started playing football myself.

    Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate are both legit NFL prospects.

    Clausen is not underrated though. If he stayed another year and put together another season like he did, he would be a lock for the top 5. But such is not the case and he has to deal with teams who don't necessarily like drafting a junior quarterback.

    Tate is inconsistent. For all his explosive plays, he's dropped many catchable balls, most of them coming late in the game or on big plays down field. He's not clutch, in fact, he's more of a choker than anything else. He deserves to be rated a late first/early second because of his size and lack of focus.

  5. #5
    how does tate compare to santana moss as a prospect? i think moss has had a pretty good career. was he worth a late first round pick?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    how does tate compare to santana moss as a prospect? i think moss has had a pretty good career. was he worth a late first round pick?
    I don't really see them as similar players. Tate is heavier and much stronger as a runner, but not quite as quick as Moss.

    It's hard for me to come up with a true comparison for Tate, but I'd say he's mix of Lee Evans and Roddy White.

  7. #7
    I believe you meant to type "Overrated", but hey, we all make mistakes.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I've watched every Notre Dame Fighting Irish football game since I was 6 and started playing football myself.

    Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate are both legit NFL prospects.

    Clausen is not underrated though. If he stayed another year and put together another season like he did, he would be a lock for the top 5. But such is not the case and he has to deal with teams who don't necessarily like drafting a junior quarterback.

    Tate is inconsistent. For all his explosive plays, he's dropped many catchable balls, most of them coming late in the game or on big plays down field. He's not clutch, in fact, he's more of a choker than anything else. He deserves to be rated a late first/early second because of his size and lack of focus.
    good run down....

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    underrated??

    -Clausen is being mocked to go in the top 6 in virtually every draft.
    -Tate is recognize by most (not me) as possibly the 2nd best WR in the draft

    How is either underrated? Overrated is more legitmate discussion

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    good run down....
    Thanks, hombre.

  11. #11
    Eh, I don't see how anyone can have Bradford over Clausen. The guy had a questionable arm before he had two major shoulder injuries. If Clauses had a different face, he would be the consensus #1.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Eh, I don't see how anyone can have Bradford over Clausen. The guy had a questionable arm before he had two major shoulder injuries. If Clauses had a different face, he would be the consensus #1.
    +1

    Also, if he chose a USC or Michigan over Notre Dame he'd have alot less people that hate him. When someone hates Notre Dame, they REALLY hate Notre Dame.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,847
    LOL

    Some serious fun to be had bumping these old threads.

  14. #14
    Haha. One thing I noticed is how Notre Dame players are always overrated by their fans. Floyd is the latest example of this.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by daCHAMPisHERE View Post
    Haha. One thing I noticed is how Notre Dame players are always overrated by their fans. Floyd is the latest example of this.
    That can be the case but Floyd isn't a bad football player. I think he's overrated for different reasons. Primarily the injury issue. He gets up slow after every tackle and has a serious problem staying healthy. because of that I wouldn't draft the guy.

    That said, I said that Clausen would bust, although Tate I still think will be a good player. Started to turn it around late last year too.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    underrated??

    -Clausen is being mocked to go in the top 6 in virtually every draft.
    -Tate is recognize by most (not me) as possibly the 2nd best WR in the draft

    How is either underrated? Overrated is more legitmate discussion
    Boss.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us