Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannenbaum: Jets will not use first-round pick on CB

I know you were just copying the blog title, but there was nothing in that article that said we wouldn't draft a corner in #29 as well.

The Tannenbaum quote said that without Cromartie, that we would have NEEDED to draft a Cornerback at #29. But, since they pulled that trade, they now have flexibility and they can address any position they please. That could still be another cornerback (Albeit that seems a bit unlikely, but he didn't rule it out).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'd rather they pass on Mays all together and go after Nate Allen if we are going to go safety at #29

I think WR or DL is #29.

I would not like if they went offense but if we do I would like one of those OT that could slip like Anthony Davis. My first choice is DL with our first 2 draft picks.

i don't see the jets using their first round pick on a safety however a corner is a possibility mainly because it's far earsier to convert a corner to safety than vice versa. the jets can always use depth and they will need some players on the oline to take over for faneca and woody and then on dline for ellis. so the 29 pick may go dline or oline.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm all about Jerry Hughes from TCU with the #29 pick. This guys motor is unstoppable.

He's the perfect choice, but I think Mr. T might go with Jared Odrick instead because the Hughes pick may be viewed as an admission that Gholston is a bust.

Its good that we made the Cromartie trade, hes better than any CB we would have got with that pick. Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson both in all likely hood will not be on the board at #29. Some guys with potential we could grab later, like a Kareem Jackson. But he wouldn't be someone you want starting day 1. Now we can get after a CB for depth instead of needing that starter opposite of Revis.

I fully expect the Jets to draft DL and OL early, along with WR. I think they address getting some youth to the trenches and we need a 3rd WR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He did not say that the Jets will not use a first round pick on a corner. And even he decided that, he would never make an announcement saying it.