Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

Jets Insider VIP

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

[url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/21/1540913/miami-dolphins-ronnie-brown-is.html#ixzz0is1rFNcU[/url]

[QUOTE]BY JEFF DARLINGTON
    [email]jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com[/email]

Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown was arrested late Friday night for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol during an offseason trip to his hometown outside of Atlanta this weekend, two sources told The Miami Herald.

Brown, who has no previous arrest record, was arrested after an officer pulled him over for making a lane change without using his blinker, sources said.

He was released from jail early Saturday morning.

The Dolphins are aware of the situation, and they are continuing to monitor the legal process. They are not believed to be overly upset with Brown because of his impeccable past as a player and a citizen.

The team did not have a comment Sunday.

Brown is distraught over the arrest and he has hired an attorney to help defend him in the case, the sources said. He did not perform well during the field-sobriety test, which contributed to the officer's decision to arrest Brown, sources said. It remains possible the charges could soon be reduced to a traffic violation in the coming days. The arresting officer's detailed version of the arrest Has not yet been obtained because it occurred during the weekend. Brown's agent, Todd France, did not return messages Sunday to comment on the arrest.

The running back is continuing a recovery from foot surgery in November, when he suffered a season-ending Lisfranc fracture that put him on crutches for six weeks afterward.

Brown is a restricted free agent tendered with a first-round pick, but he is expected to return to the Dolphins next season given the high level of compensation that would be necessary for another team to sign him.

The Dolphins are scheduled to begin their offseason voluntary training program on Monday. Brown's legal situation will not keep him from attending. Brown, a Pro Bowl running back who made the Wildcat offense popular in 2008, is among the most popular players on the team's roster. His laid-back personality has typically left him in good standing with his coaching staffs when it cones to his life away from the football field.

The veteran would have hit unrestricted free agent after the most recent season, but the lack of a new collective bargaining agreement caused a delay in his ability to demand a new contract in Miami or elsewhere.

At 28, he is still expected to anchor the Dolphins' rushing attack next season, while Ricky Williams and Patrick Cobbs serve as his backups.

Brown's entire NFL career has been spent in South Florida. He was the team's second overall selection in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Read more: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/21/1540913/miami-dolphins-ronnie-brown-is.html#ixzz0is9SuQFq[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE][B]Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI[/B][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/url]

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3533506][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL!!! :D

All Pro
    Someone on finheaven is complaining that the cop is racist. On another note, I cant believe Im reading Finheaven at 1 am on a Monday morning.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3533506][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/url][/QUOTE]

Ahh it never gets old.

ROFL!! :D

All League
    I will never understand athlete's that make that much money can't afford a driver. It's sad as a broke college student I was more responsible then these jokes. I could get a friend to DD or scrounge up money for a cab to be safe and be safe to others on the road.

If I'm making millions to keep my body in shape, I'm not consuming any alcohol period. There's a reason you make that much money. This kind of irresponsibility just pisses off the public and makes it hard to justify the NFLPA holding out of negotiations. It screws over the responsible athlete's that deserve the raise. If I'm a fellow player who works my ass off, I'd be pissed at him.

Jets Insider VIP
    If he got a dui he either failed a brethalizer or refused to take one.
    How does this have anything to do with racism.

I refuse to draft/pick-up any other players from the AFC East for my fantasy team ---> so I don't care.

Probably be a 4 game suspension. Lets hope it's the 1st 4 games & the opening tilt on Monday night is the hated Fins.

We owe them a huge *ss kicking for the lucky crap they pulled off last year.
    104 yards of offense! & they won?
    Ginn aint running back 2 TDs again.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE]
    The Dolphins are scheduled to begin their offseason voluntary training program on Monday. Brown's legal situation will not keep him from attending
    [/QUOTE]

at least brown can attend his voluntary training, unlike some other dumba$$ that plays football:D

If Ronnie Brown gets suspended and Roethlisberger gets off scot free, I'm driving my ass up to that God forsaken hellhole of a city called New York and personally beating the sh!t out of Roget Goodell.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3533863]If Ronnie Brown gets suspended and Roethlisberger gets off scot free, I'm driving my ass up to that God forsaken hellhole of a city called New York and personally beating the sh!t out of Roget Goodell.[/QUOTE]

Your post seems to have something of a racial overtone to it.
    Brown guy got arrested for DUI. Fact.
    Ben may or may not be guilty of anything. It remains to be found out through investigation.

And now you are going to punch out someone? Right. If I recall, you were threatening to punch someone out in another thread as well.
    Obviously you are probably incapable of beating anyone up but still, shouldn't you be enrolled in an anger management class?

All Pro
    If his lawyer's worth anything, he'll play up that Lisfranc foot injury if he stumbled during the field test.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3533916]Your post seems to have something of a racial overtone to it.
    Brown guy got arrested for DUI. Fact.
    Ben may or may not be guilty of anything. It remains to be found out through investigation.

[B]And now you are going to punch out someone? Right. If I recall, you were threatening to punch someone out in another thread as well[/B].
    Obviously you are probably incapable of beating anyone up but still, shouldn't you be enrolled in an anger management class?[/QUOTE]

I kick peoples butts all day on the web. Im like 32-1 with 27 web KO's.

You want some of this?

;)

[QUOTE=RageATL;3533921]If his lawyer's worth anything, he'll play up that Lisfranc foot injury if he stumbled during the field test.[/QUOTE]

ROFL

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3533924]I kick peoples butts all day on the web. Im like 32-1 with 27 web KO's.

You want some of this?

;)[/QUOTE]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :D

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3533863]If Ronnie Brown gets suspended and Roethlisberger gets off scot free, I'm driving my ass up to that God forsaken hellhole of a city called New York and personally beating the sh!t out of Roget Goodell.[/QUOTE]

Sean Ellis was suspended for having a joint in his car for 1 game.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetster;3533967]Sean Ellis was suspended for having a joint in his car for 1 game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but wasn't it just possession? not like he was driving under influence?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    can this be on PPV????? i am sure that some would pay to see goodell get his butt kicked...lol

[QUOTE=RageATL;3533921]If his lawyer's worth anything, he'll play up that Lisfranc foot injury if he stumbled during the field test.[/QUOTE]
    Rage, you kill me:D

and i think goodell would suspend him faster bc of the stallworth incident. i mean brown could have killed someone driving while under the influence, where as ben , only hurt the girl that said she wasnt giving up the ying yang...lol:D