Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The 2nd Almost-Annual Soccer Draft: Revenge of Urlacher

Time for my manager. This guy doesn't have any prior soccer experience but I've read all the very accurate articles about him on kissing Suzy Kolber and I've seen him coach basketball, golf and even help Santa Claus and he did a ****ing good job at all of them.

And if this isn't allowed I'll take Carlo Ancelotti.

I'm down to the Manager too...

Since Woody stole my manager, I'll steal Paulie's.

Marcello Lippi

Peter Crouch...Tottenham

Jets Insider VIP
    Bjarn Riis - Roma

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Bjarn Riis - Roma
    Oh you are so lost right now.

Bjarne Riis= former Tour de France winner ( I didn't know this until about 3 minutes ago)
    Bjorn Risse= MF playing for Fulham
    John Arne Risse = LB playing for Roma

Which one do you mean?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post

Bjarne Riis= former Tour de France winner ( I didn't know this until about 3 minutes ago)

Which one do you mean?
    LMAO

The dude from Roma who used to play for Liverpool.

well done Woody

Veteran
    With my Homer pick I'm picking the Bird Hunter:

It's because of this "phuck you" attitude we have come to love him in 6 months over here:

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post

Which one do you mean?
    This is classic...LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    This is classic...LOL

If you say John Arne Risse really fast 3 times, it sounds like Bjarne Riis.

ALL RIGHT...

Time to re-enact the 24 hour rule

Turk (OTC)
    Deadringer (OTC)

Paulie
    BlackDeath
    BigJet
    Royal

Seriously. We're so close to the end of this draft.

Hall Of Fame
    sorry, thought i picked after paulie

Marcus Hahnemann, GK

Paulie then me?

If the 24 hour rule is in play I'm going to exercise it as it's probable I won't be in internet touch for 24 hours.

I was looking at several players for this spot - I was going to pick Manure's Valencia - he's had an excellent season and is a really good player and is a right sided winger, someone I need for the bench. Was also thinking Bojan, the youngster from Barca, who is an awesome talent with freakish dribbling skills.

In the end I've gone for Bojan's teammate - Pedro - or Pedro Rodriguez - he's had a fantastic season. Think he scored again today for Barca which takes his season tally to 24, which for a winger (he can play either side or even as a target man, but is predominantly right sided) is just exceptional - scored round about a goal every two games - fabulous return. Then you consider who he's competing for goals with in that Barca line up, it makes it even better.

I've seen games this year where Barca were down and out, no spark from their usual sources, and it's been Pedro who has stepped up to the plate. He was quality against Inter Milan, definitely Barca's best player over the two legs, and that was the team that truly tested Barca this year. He also stepped up in El Classico. He's only 22 and he makes the bench for my squad.

Pedro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55y0uDD-BeA

Sorry guys, I was away for the weekend up in Connecticut for my sister's college graduation.

I'm going to go with another defender, Jamie Carragher. He always seemed to be kind of a thug, maybe a little crazy, but he's been a legend with Liverpool.

With the final pick in the draft I'll take my back-up keeper, a complete homer pick and grab Adam Federici who will hopefully make the final Australian squad for the World Cup

Also offers a goal threat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4v2nVPwI-k
    Last edited by Royals & Jets; 05-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    And that's a wrap.

Good job everyone. Seriously, tons of good picks and lots of guys that I'd never heard of.

Please update your lineup in this thread: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210851

Once that's done I'll put up a Voting thread to see who wins. As for injuries, I personally won't check everyone's line up to see if they're healthy (if someone wants to, be my guest). I'm thinking everyone can check their own lineup.

How do we decide if a player is hurt or not now?

Essien is supposed to be ready for the World Cup, but didn't play the end of the season for Chelsea...

Jets Insider VIP
    If a player cannot play right now, then you can't field him. I understand this could be a bit difficult since all major Championships are finished. Just do your best.

I'm having trouble finding reliable status information on some of my guys. Anyone have any recommendations for good soccer news websites?

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I'm having trouble finding reliable status information on some of my guys. Anyone have any recommendations for good soccer news websites?
    Pretty sure there's a website called physioroom for the status of Prem League players....I'll do a goo....ahh, just have, and here it is: http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php

Don't know about other players in other leagues - you might have to google each name to see if they are available.