Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF & Thanksgiving opponents?

All Pro

MNF & Thanksgiving opponents?

Surprised we haven't heard anything yet as I think these are 'sposed to be announced today. Any rumors floating around???

Hall Of Fame
    woa...deja vue

I'd say Bengals on opening night maybe?

Jets Insider VIP
    Pats opening night I bet.

All Pro
    Strange that no news has even leaked out yet. :huh:

I'm guessing Bills (Changed From Fins) and Cincy.

Goodell will be talking to media at 1pm, live on NFL Network, so in 5 minutes. Possibly could be announced then.

All Pro
    Sweet, thanks for the head's up!

EDIT: nothing so far, got it on now...
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-22-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Mike Klis from The Denver Post reporting NFL is pushing back the release of the Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games until tomorrow, citing a need to finalize things today.

Are you ****ting me NFL? You've had two months and you're still not done? Unbelievable. Always amazed me how it takes 3 months to make a damn schedule.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3533821]Mike Klis from The Denver Post reporting NFL is pushing back the release of the Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games until tomorrow, citing a need to finalize things today.

Are you ****ting me NFL? You've had two months and you're still not done? Unbelievable. Always amazed me how it takes 3 months to make a damn schedule.[/QUOTE]

GRR, that SUCKS! :mad:

You should try and see if you can find the video from the NFLN where they show how they work out the schedule. It was really cool and informative. It's actually a lot more difficult than you (or I) think.

EDIT: Yep, you're right:

[I]Week One, Thanksgiving game announcement gets bumped a day
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2010 1:03 PM ET
    It has been widely expected that the NFL would announce on Monday the schedule of prime time games in Week One and the full slate of Thanksgiving games.

As it turns out, the ketchup will be at the lip of the bottle for another day.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the announcement has been moved to Tuesday, tentatively.

Per Klis, NFL schedule guru Howard Katz said he needs more time before the games can be locked in.

It's currently known that the Saints will host the first game of the season, on the evening of September 9. There's a growing sense that the Vikings will be the opponent.

The Jets reportedly will host the first game of the Week One Monday night doubleheader. The Jets also are expected to host a game on Thanksgiving night, which means that the Patriots would play at Detroit.[/I]

I know its difficult, I saw the clip of what you're talking about, but damn, if you work on it for 1 month, it should be done. You start February 8th, and you're done by mid-March at latest.

By March 22nd this **** should be completed and given to us, EVERY SINGLE GAME, and yet here we are waiting for the announcement of 6 or 7 games? Unreal.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3533827]I know its difficult, I saw the clip of what you're talking about, but damn, if you work on it for 1 month, it should be done. You start February 8th, and you're done by mid-March at latest.

By March 22nd this **** should be completed and given to us, EVERY SINGLE GAME, and yet here we are waiting for the announcement of 6 or 7 games? Unreal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya...I completely understand your frustration. I really don't understand WTF they can't just give us this piece of info today. It's 2 friggin' games and we only need to know the opponents. Surely these were already worked out.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3533824]GRR, that SUCKS! :mad:

You should try and see if you can find the video from the NFLN where they show how they work out the schedule. It was really cool and informative. It's actually a lot more difficult than you (or I) think.[/I][/QUOTE]

Here's the video if anyone want's to check it out..

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fc71a5&template=without-video&confirm=true[/url]

I would lose my mind doing what those 2 guys do. Way too many options, don't have the patience lol.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3533842]Here's the video if anyone want's to check it out..

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fc71a5&template=without-video&confirm=true[/url]

I would lose my mind doing what those 2 guys do. Way too many options, don't have the patience lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was too lazy to look it up. :P

I know, I would go nuts as well, yeesh.

EDIT: This press conference is a SNOOZER.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3533847]Thanks, was too lazy to look it up. :P

I know, I would go nuts as well, yeesh.

EDIT: This press conference is a SNOOZER.[/QUOTE]
    well then stop listening to it..lol :P

this is the NFL, and they have their strange way of doing everything

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3533856]well then stop listening to it..lol :P

this is the NFL, and they have their strange way of doing everything[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point, HA HA HA! :P

They just touched on our opponent and Goodell said that Katz is currently working on it in the next room. No inkling of who we're gonna play. :mad:

Rookie
    from NY Post twitter:

@NYPost_NFL Nothing official yet, but buzz at #NFL annual meetings is that #Giants will open with #Cowboys, while [B]#Jets will open with #Dolphins. [/B]

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3533827]I know its difficult, I saw the clip of what you're talking about, but damn, if you work on it for 1 month, it should be done. You start February 8th, and you're done by mid-March at latest.

By March 22nd this **** should be completed and given to us, EVERY SINGLE GAME, and yet here we are waiting for the announcement of 6 or 7 games? Unreal.[/QUOTE]

DAMN RIGHT! How are we supposed to feed our damn kids without knowing this seasons schedule!! Someone needs to get fired!!

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3533821]Mike Klis from The Denver Post reporting NFL is pushing back the release of the Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games until tomorrow, citing a need to finalize things today.

Are you ****ting me NFL? You've had two months and you're still not done? Unbelievable. Always amazed me how it takes 3 months to make a damn schedule.[/QUOTE]

By now you should know this happens every year. How many times do they tell you when the schedule is coming out and then delay it. Every year. Same old stuff.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jcord1786;3533881]from NY Post twitter:

@NYPost_NFL Nothing official yet, but buzz at #NFL annual meetings is that #Giants will open with #Cowboys, while [B]#Jets will open with #Dolphins. [/B][/QUOTE]

SWEET!!! Nice find.

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;3533886]By now you should know this happens every year. How many times do they tell you when the schedule is coming out and then delay it. Every year. Same old stuff.[/QUOTE]

Really? I seriously don't recall that happening in past years but that's not to say it doesn't happen.