Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taste of the NFL

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO this is the best NY Jet event of the off season. For those of you that have never been to this affair should definitely go. It really is worth every penny. I ran into Mo Wilkerson & Aaron Maybin at the stadium Draft party last Thursday night & they are in. ;)

And I'm positive Darrelle will be there. Not only is he a host, but seriously, none of the smart players ever turn down free food & drinks, especially at a 5 star steakhouse.
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-30-2012 at 05:44 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the dress? Likely going with my girlfriend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4455127]What's the dress? Likely going with my girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

Dress to impress. Suits for the gentlemen, evening wear for the ladies. A few people do show up in Jets gear, but IMO this a 5 star gala, not a block party.

Up to you.

;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    based on the endorsement of limo

I'm thinking of finding my way to the 2012 edition

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Tickets are limited, especially for the VIP hour, so here's a direct link if you are interested in going:

[URL]http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004867AADCBE2E[/URL]

Hope to see some of you there.

;)
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had SAR-like money I could afford the VIP hour.... just the General Admission for me

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3533903]If the $500 for 2 plates is tax deductible I may attend. I'm just curious what types of "once in a lifetime experiences" they'll be auctioning off.[/QUOTE]

Can you propose "experiences?" I'd pay a lot to watch ucrenegade do his Sanchez hate rant to Marks face and watch Mark stuff his head into the fondue pot :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in

word of warning

if you plan to go to the VIP and use Amex membership reward points to cover the difference between that and GA, DON"T DO IT..... because after the order is confirmed, and you put your Amex code in, it advises you that they are not usable for this event...

Well, I really wanted to be a VIP like SAR1 anyhow

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4455163]Can you propose "experiences?" I'd pay a lot to watch ucrenegade do his Sanchez hate rant to Marks face and watch Mark stuff his head into the fondue pot :D[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. I've talked many a player over the past eight years into offering up some crazy "experiences" to auction off.

I got DeWayne Robertson to offer up a picnic day with his family (they were all nuts).

Brooks Bollinger to host a tailgate party for the winner & 10 of their friends at Brooks house the night before a home game.

Kevin Mawae to give up his personal game day tickets for away games and one of his authentic game worn jerseys.

Nick Mangold & dinner at Rao's (God only knows how he got his hands on a table at Rao's). I told him I would only bid on that prize if he (1) Promised NOT to show up & just let me and my friends have the table and (2) If it was the Rao's in Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas, not the one in Harlem, NY.

:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4455136]Dress to impress. Suits for the gentlemen, evening wear for the ladies. A few people do show up in Jets gear, but IMO this a 5 star gala, not a block party.

Up to you.

;)[/QUOTE]I assumed so. Girl is excited she gets to dress up so I suppose I should as well. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4455208]I assumed so. Girl is excited she gets to dress up so I suppose I should as well. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can never get too dressed up IMO, unless you have incredibly bad taste. Like this guy:

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MAEXNH0nVoU/THheaNGIFPI/AAAAAAAAGfE/3B8thFJQPXY/s640/Alan-cumming-bad-suit.jpg[/IMG]

;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am Alan Cumming. :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that went last year, which restaurants were there?

Thx

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4455249]Anyone that went last year, which restaurants were there?

Thx[/QUOTE]

Nobody went last year, there was a lockout. People don't realize lockouts & holdouts hurt everybody. From team sponsored charity events to the FO personnel that organize these events (and do a fantastic job) no one is allowed to have fun or give back when your on strike.

Anyway, you made me dig up the old program from 2010 and chefs from Micheal Jordan's, Tao, Lavo, Delmonico's, Southern Hospitality, Wildwood, STK's and a bunch of others participated. There is always plenty of excellent cuisine for everyone to try & usually complimented with a suggested wine or drink.

I'm also reminded of Clowney, Gholston, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, Richardson, Woody, Leon and a few other players injured and/or long gone.

I also found the auction items. It was dinner for two with Nick Mangold at Rao's in NYC. What a sport. (-;

I like the "Pick A Prize" auction like Asst. Team Captain Participate in the Coin Toss or Radio Broadcast Booth Game Day with ESPN, Two Superbowl tickets & a bunch more.

I'm in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so whom else is going to this year's???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4455349]Nobody went last year, there was a lockout. People don't realize lockouts & holdouts hurt everybody. From team sponsored charity events to the FO personnel that organize these events (and do a fantastic job) no one is allowed to have fun or give back when your on strike.

Anyway, you made me dig up the old program from 2010 and chefs from Micheal Jordan's, Tao, Lavo, Delmonico's, Southern Hospitality, Wildwood, STK's and a bunch of others participated. There is always plenty of excellent cuisine for everyone to try & usually complimented with a suggested wine or drink.

I'm also reminded of Clowney, Gholston, Ihedigbo, Cotchery, Richardson, Woody, Leon and a few other players injured and/or long gone.

I also found the auction items. It was dinner for two with Nick Mangold at Rao's in NYC. What a sport. (-;

I like the "Pick A Prize" auction like Asst. Team Captain Participate in the Coin Toss or Radio Broadcast Booth Game Day with ESPN, Two Superbowl tickets & a bunch more.

I'm in.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it didn't happen last year as I remember considering it, actually just forgot about. Not a bad selection in restaurants and only been to a few of them. Nice auctions too, sounds like fun and may consider it again.

Thx for the info again..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't make this one, there's also a fundraiser in Jersey tomorrow to help out a guy with Acute Myelofibrosis.

Seems cheaper and more casual.

[URL="http://matchformichael.com/"]http://matchformichael.com/[/URL]

Tuesday, May 1st

6:00 PM 9:00 PM

DoubleTree Hilton Hotel

700 Hope Road, Eatontown/Tinton Falls, New Jersey

Live and Silent Auction

Marrow donor and awareness drive

Autograph session with New York Jets Rex Ryan - Mike Pettine - Mark Sanchez - Sione Pouha - Muhammad Wilkerson, Fireman Ed and members of New York Jets Flight Crew

Cash Bar and Sweet Treats

Casual Attire

We are asking for a minimum donation of $40.00 to attend

VIP Packages are available for a minimum donation of $500.00

To purchase tickets in advance or any questions please email [email]Danielletaglianetti@yahoo.com[/email].

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good, except for the Firefraud autographing things like somebody would actually want one...

just kidding, sounds like a good cause

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4455400]sounds good, except for the Firefraud autographing things like somebody would actually want one...

just kidding, sounds like a good cause[/QUOTE]

Yup, just heard about it. Only 20 minutes from me so I may try to go. Even if I can't make it, figured it's a good cause so why not spread the word.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3533903]If the $500 for 2 plates is tax deductible I may attend. I'm just curious what types of "once in a lifetime experiences" they'll be auctioning off.[/QUOTE]

It might have something to do with feet. Be careful.