Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taste of the NFL

All League

Taste of the NFL

Not sure what to make of this other than it seems like a lot to be asked to bid on more unspecified things.

[img]http://www.jets134.com/images/taste.jpg[/img]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I thnk Limo has attended these events in the past and had a good time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Guess they can't trade Leon now lol

[IMG]http://tonysports.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/rexryanap.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    If the $500 for 2 plates is tax deductible I may attend. I'm just curious what types of "once in a lifetime experiences" they'll be auctioning off.
    Last edited by ozu; 03-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    sounds like fun but I 500 bucks, I can think of a lot better tasting menus in NYC.

My only surprise was that Cipriani was still open considering all the bad press it has received

All Pro
    In previous years, there woulda been a ton of comments about Brick being forced to attend this AND eat. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3533899]I thnk Limo has attended these events in the past and had a good time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they wouldn't go for her Idea to name it a taste of Limo..:eek:

I've been to this event a few times. It's really nice. Really good food from different chefs and a chance to have nice chats with some players.

Is kinda pricey but part of it is a tax deductable.

Will Leon be wearing that chef's hat the whole time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3533963]Will Leon be wearing that chef's hat the whole time?[/QUOTE]

Only on 3rd and long..;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The most interesting thing to me is that this fancy charity event being held at Ciprianis is sponsored by A&P. Not exactly my first thought when it comes to high end, gourmet food.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3534022]The most interesting thing to me is that this fancy charity event being held at Ciprianis is sponsored by A&P. Not exactly my first thought when it comes to high end, gourmet food.[/QUOTE]

A&P, I remember that place from back in the day growing up in Westchester.

[QUOTE=ozu;3533903]If the $500 for 2 plates is tax deductible I may attend. I'm just curious what types of "once in a lifetime experiences" they'll be auctioning off.[/QUOTE]

maybe a free cup of hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts, like they usually give one whole row for the fan appreciation game each year?:eek::D:D:yes:

The way things are going you will probably see LT instead of Leon

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Savage69;3533937]Yeah but they wouldn't go for her Idea to name it a taste of Limo..[/QUOTE]

A "Taste of Limo" huh? That wouldn't be cheap or easy either Savage but thanks for putting that out there for me, lol. Hey, what a coincidence! I just happen to be selling Jets Shop limited edition hats that are hand signed by the players who attended last seasons Taste of the NFL, see:

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-JETS-REEBOK-CAP-SIGNED-BY-2009-2010-PLAYOFF-TEAM_W0QQitemZ160414680642QQcategoryZ101806QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp2773.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D12%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63[/URL]

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/17/!BoqqyLgBGk~$(KGrHqYH-DYEu,hioD6)BLoT)8f8)g~~_35.JPG[/IMG]

IMO it is the best charity event of the off season & worth every penny. They get the top restaurants in the city to send over their head chefs to do what is basically a black tie tailgate.

Each chef prepares a sample dish of his or her specialty dish, matches it with the correct wine and guests get to stroll around and try all the different dishes. There is usually a couple of liquor sponsors making specialty cocktails, plus the usual open bar with everything from soft drinks to mixed drinks.

Then there's the NY Jet players. The guys show up in suit & tie and are assigned a chef/station. During the event they sign autographs, yak it up with the guests & compete amongst themselves to see which player will bring in the most amount of silent auction money. They put up "once in a lifetime" packages like signed helmets, game tickets, game jerseys, dinner & limousine with the player, catered tailgates, etc. ESPN1050's own Bob Wischusen usually handles the MC duties.

Funny story from last year's event. Bob had an auction sheet up but was getting teased by the players because 1) he wasn't a player and 2) he had no bids. I mean what could a sports radio announcer who calls games all around the country have to offer as an auction prize? :rolleyes: So of course I had to "put him on the board" with an opening bid of $300.00. Three hours later Bob wins Top Dog at The Taste with bringing in over $10,000 for his silent auction. :D

Go. It's Worth The Money If You Can Swing It. Plus You Will Be Helping Local Food Banks Help Others Who Need It More Than You.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

So is anyone else going to attend this event besides me & the team? :D

Jets Insider VIP
    I am considering it and have discussed it with the boss who says it is OK. The timing might be a problem, though. I will make a final decision next week

All League
    This year's version....

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/mtsfpt.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [QUOTE=ozu;4455098]This year's version....

[/QUOTE]

Will Revis hold out?