Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the top 3 picks in this draft?

Who are the top 3 picks in this draft?

Not who do you think the best players are who do you think is going to be taken? These 1st three picks really set up what happens further below.

St. Louis: Do they take Bradford? If not they will take either Suh or McCoy I assume.

Detroit: Most people are adamant they will take one of the DT's. Any other alternative at all here? (I had them taking Okung in one of my mocks.)

Tampa Bay: If one of the DT's is there they take one most people would agree, what happens if both DT's are gone at their pick?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Not who do you think the best players are who do you think is going to be taken? These 1st three picks really set up what happens further below.

St. Louis: Do they take Bradford? If not they will take either Suh or McCoy I assume.

Detroit: Most people are adamant they will take one of the DT's. Any other alternative at all here? (I had them taking Okung in one of my mocks.)

Tampa Bay: If one of the DT's is there they take one most people would agree, what happens if both DT's are gone at their pick?
    I think its going to be:
    1.Bradford
    2.Okung
    3.Suh

all this bradford to #1 talk is just that... talk... it was started by Schefter at the combine and there's been nothing real to back it up since then... just group think.

until they have bradford under contract or they actually announce the pick at Radio City, I refuse to believe it.

Suh is a clearly better prospect, and so is Okung.

Bradford is a great player in his own right but has been missing from the scene for a long long time... his injury even if healed, doesn't bode well from a durability standpoint... People talk about Dr James Andrews saying he's well.... Dr JA cut open Chad too, he can guaruntee a shoulder heals he can't guaruntee it will hold up to another violent hit.

1. Suh
    2. Okung
    3. McCoy
    4. Bradford

etc...

a more interesting question to pose is, which pick will be the first one traded?

All Pro
    1. Bradford
    2. Okung (how do you pass on Oher for a tight end?!-Paradis would've too)
    3. Mccoy

All League
    1 Bradford
    2 Suh
    3 McCoy

The Skins are on the clock..

how does a dude with a bad shoulder, who isn't working out until 3 weeks and 3 days before the draft, not from a pro offense... go #1 overall?

Over Suh the best DT prospect maybe ever?

how?!
    They have no owner!

the Rams are trying to create a trade market... there is no trade market, they will take Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    how does a dude with a bad shoulder, who isn't working out until 3 weeks and 3 days before the draft, not from a pro offense... go #1 overall?

how?!
    They have no owner!

the Rams are trying to create a trade market... there is no trade market, they will take Suh.
    Potential franchise QBs are funny like that..Especially for a franchise that needs a franchise QB.

how?!
    They have no owner!

If you don't have a franchise QB, you can't pass one up.

As long as Bradford proves his health and that he's back to the player he was pre-injury. He will be the #1 pick. It's that simple. Like it or dislike it, it's a QB driven league.

1. STL - Bradford
    2. DET - Suh
    3. TB - McCoy
    4. WAS - Clausen (Same "If you don't have a franchise QB, you can't pass one up" theory (Although I do think Campbell is better then Washington gives him credit for, it's clear they have no faith in the guy). Plus, in spite of all the concerns about his immaturity, Shanahan did get the most out of Cutler, who the same could be said of.)
    5. KC - Okung
    6. SEA - Berry (I think they desperately want OT, but they pick again at 14, it's a deep draft at the position, and Berry would undoubtedly be BPA).
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-22-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    If you don't have a franchise QB, you can't pass one up.
    this draft reminds me of calvin johnson/jamarcus russell

johnson is suh the possible all pro uber prospect

russell is the so-called "franchise QB"

i predicted Calvin Johnson all the way up to and including the draft

that at least was Al Davis... which we can expect odd things from... and I was wrong... but the Chip deveney rams have been super risk adverse

just couldn't believe someone would take a clearly Worser QB prospect over the once in a decade prospect

i still refuse to believe it

it wasn't the accurate projection but wierdly i still stand by it

you can't just hope for a guy to be a franchise QB at #1.

All League
    I have to think that the top five are almost a consensus.

In any order:

Bradford
    Suh
    McCoy
    Okung
    Berry

I don't think the Redskins will take Clausen because I honestly believe that Shanahan can win games with Campbell (moreso than Clausen). If Det actually takes Okung, I can see Washington taking Bradford though.

That said, I don't think the Lions are going to get Joe Thomas by selecting Okung at 2, so my guess is that they get Suh/McCoy and then go after the best available OL at the top of the second. Possibly Brown from USC.

FWIW, I have been seeing mocks that have at least 4 OL taken in the top 9 or 11 picks. I can't honestly believe that for a second. I know things are a little cluttered after the top 5 or 6 prospects, but I won't believe that Bulaga AND Davis AND Campbell all going top ten. Specifically when you have to add Suh, McCoy, Berry, Bradford, and possibly Haden and Clausen getting consideration.

That's not even considering any of the top DE prospects.

that at least was Al Davis... which we can expect odd things from... and I was wrong... but the Chip deveney rams have been super risk adverse

just couldn't believe someone would take a clearly Worser QB prospect over the once in a decade prospect

You were right on Johnson. You're going to be right on Suh.

It's supply and demand/economics with the quarterback position though- it's just such an important position. Making the right call there AT LEAST makes your team decent for the next 10-12 years...that doesn't really happen with WRs or DTs.

Banned
    Suh is the top prospect in this draft. If the Rams pass him up because they've had two recent busts in Long and Carriker they're a bunch of dumb pussies.

My top 3 players regardless of draft spot or position:

Suh
    Berry
    Bryant
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-22-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Well a lot of this comes down to how good of a player is Bradford or how good does St. Louis thinks he is. Remember the trends the last few years. Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez no real busts amongst them. Even Stafford had his moments last year.

All Pro
    I think making a pick should be much more about faith in your scouting department than hope.

If the team feels he's worth a top 5 pick, he should be the guy. If they don't, go in a different direction. It's OK to reach a little for a QB with a top pick. But if Bradford is #15 on their board, they should pass him up.

The look like morons right now for passing on Ryan and Sanchez, all because they were afraid to take the QB. They can't make the same mistake again.

I love Suh, G.McCoy, and Berry as prospects. I would give my left nut to get either Berry or Suh on this team.

All League

You're dancing down a different line here than in your previous post about his shoulder. Do you not like his talent to be the franchise QB at #1 overall? Because I do a lot more than compared to what Russel ever was. Or do you think the injury is the only thing holding him back?

And then you have him going at 4 which makes me think you just like Suh's talent over Bradford, when clearly taking a franchise QB would help the Rams the most.

Personally I don't think they should take a QB because the team is in such a shambles over all. I will understand if they do but the success of young QB's can be traced to the teams they join in a lot of cases. Sanchez, Flacco, Ryan all went to teams that were not devoid of talent, had at lease reasonable defenses if not great and had some kind of running game.

When you have a team in total rebuild mode my favored method is to build both lines, get a running back and then get your QB.

All Pro
    top 3 prospects?

for me it's
    Suh
    Bryant
    Okung

How i think it will go
    Bradford
    Suh (as much as DET needs a LT, they can't pass on him)
    McCoy

IF both DTs went 1 and 2, I think TB would obviously try to trade out, and settle for taking Berry.