Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leon doesn't show for "Voluntary" workouts, Edwards, B. Smith, Ihedigbo sign tenders

Gr8 first day as a jet. I really enjoyed being around my new teammates.

Man about to get up and get ready for my first wrkout as a J-E-T-S, jets, jets, jets...let's go so excited.

[url]https://twitter.com/A_Cromartie31[/url]

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3534169]when a player signs his tender, what does that actually mean in terms of him signing elsewhere and us getting a draft pick?...does it mean he's no longer a free agent?[/QUOTE]if he signs with someone else,org team has 7 days to match or get draft picks.if he signs with org team then he's no longer a FA...

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3534169]when a player signs his tender, what does that actually mean in terms of him signing elsewhere and us getting a draft pick?...[b]does it mean he's no longer a free agent?[/b][/QUOTE]

Yes. It means he's officially under contract with the Jets, so he's no longer a FA.

Although in theory, it also means the Jets could trade him now, but I doubt that's a factor in their minds.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3534172]Gr8 first day as a jet. I really enjoyed being around my new teammates.

Man about to get up and get ready for my first wrkout as a J-E-T-S, jets, jets, jets...let's go so excited.

[url]https://twitter.com/A_Cromartie31[/url][/QUOTE]

Saw that. Umm, shouldn't that be 1st workout as a Jet? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3534178]Saw that. Umm, shouldn't that be 1st workout as a Jet? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

lol :cool:

[QUOTE=crasherino;3534033]Two thoughts on this:

1. $1.76 million is a decent chunk of change for a second round tender. I understand that Leon wants more, but that's a significant raise from what he was getting the past few years.
    [/QUOTE]

It did not matter what we tender, he got to have at least 10% raise form his last year salary - and this is what he got. Even if we tender just 1st, his paycheck would be the same.

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3534006]Leon hasn't signed his tender, right?
    So why would he show up and participate if he hasn't signed yet?

I blame all this more on Keels' poor counsel than Leon.[/QUOTE]

exactly. why would he report to the Jets' workout when he isnt on the Jets? seems like Cimini is reaching for straws on this one. non story.

This is a win-win for the Jets.If he resigns we have him back,hopefully he's what he was,if he signs with another team we get a 2nd rn pick

[QUOTE=ground and pound;3534221]exactly. why would he report to the Jets' workout when he isnt on the Jets? seems like Cimini is reaching for straws on this one. non story.[/QUOTE]

I Believe there are 4 other unsigned tendered players on the Jets who did show. This is a statement by Leon. Kind of silly, he has no leverage.

If he was smart he would just come in, show what heís got left. If itís a lot he is a FA next year.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3534029]Thnx for the update.

Just a fans viewpoint, but why does it seem Leon wants to be anywhere BUT with the Jets?

Why cant these 2 sides come together and get something done?

:steamin:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he and TJ have spoken and lets face it; on the surface TJ got a something of a raw deal. (Again I say on the surface because while I think he did a great job for us, I believe our line made him look better than he actually is). I wouldn't be surprised if Leon he is dealt on draft day or thereabouts for an additional pick or two.

Our first, 5th, and Leon for Marshall and Denver's 3rd.

2nd: Corey Wootton
    3rd: Dominique Franks
    4th: Greg Hardy
    6th: Vince Oghobaase
    7th: Rashawn Jackson

We'd be the beastest team ever in the history of the whole world + 10.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-22-2010 at 09:50 PM.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3534033]
    2. Why did we need to tender Edwards at a 1st and a 3rd? A bit of overkill if you ask me. We traded a 3rd, a 5th and two marginal players for Edwards. If we tendered him as a 1st and someone signed him, that would mean that we got half a year's production out of him plus a 1st rounder for our 3rd/5th and Trusnik and Stuckey. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. We'd also save $2 million if no one signed him. That's a decent amount of coin.[/QUOTE]

because maybe the Jets actually want to keep Edwards?

if we traded him for a 1st, it'd be good value but what would be the point? we already have a big hole at the position and may be using our first pick on a WR, trading Edwards would pretty much force us to use two high picks on receivers who may or may not pan out.

All Pro
    [I]Leon Washington-RB-Jets

The player rep for restricted free agent Leon Washington says his client is skipping the Jets' offseason conditioning program in part because other teams are interested in acquiring Washington.

We've heard no such reports. Agent Alvin Keels insists Washington's absence has "nothing to do with him being unhappy." "If a team is going to give up a second-round pick, it would probably get done closer to the April 15th deadline," Keels added. "He will be four weeks further along in his rehab. It only makes sense from a business standpoint." Washington (broken leg) expects to be medically cleared to resume running in 10-14 days.[/I]