Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leon doesn't show for "Voluntary" workouts, Edwards, B. Smith, Ihedigbo sign tenders

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Todays Jets news.........

[B]Unsigned restricted free agent Leon Washington was a no-show for the start of the Jets' offseason conditioning program Monday.[/B]

Despite coming off a compound leg fracture that's severely impacted his value, Washington remains unhappy with his contract situation. Ultimately, he just doesn't have much leverage. He'll likely report for mandatory work.
    Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

[B]Brad Smith-WR-Jets Mar. 22 - 4:08 pm et [/B]

Jets re-signed restricted free agent WR Brad Smith to a one-year, $1.759 million contract.

While Smith is effective in the Jets' version of the Wildcat (11.5 YPC and a score on 18 carries last year), he's not shown the ability to separate from defensive backs as a wide receiver. New York may target a third receiver upgrade early in April's draft. If so, Smith will focus on playing special teams.

[B]Braylon Edwards-WR-Jets Mar. 22 - 4:04 pm et [/B]

Jets re-signed restricted free agent WR Braylon Edwards to a one-year, $5.005 million contract.

The tender is a 10% raise on Edwards' 2009 salary. The 27-year-old finished last season with just 45 catches for 680 yards (15.1 YPC) and four TDs, only temporarily appearing rejuvenated after coming from Cleveland. His talent is undeniable, but Edwards' confidence will have to come around to fulfill his potential. If he's unable to, the Jets may let him walk in 2011 free agency.

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx"]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx[/URL]
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-22-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    damn you beat me to it

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3533996]damn you beat me to it[/QUOTE]

Timing is everything they say. :beerme:

All Pro
    Nice little tidbits of info there, thanks for posting, ARodFLKeysJetsFan. :yes:

All League
    Leon hasn't signed his tender, right?
    So why would he show up and participate if he hasn't signed yet?

I blame all this more on Keels' poor counsel than Leon.

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3534006]Leon hasn't signed his tender, right?

[B]I blame all this more on Keels' poor counsel than Leon.[/B][/QUOTE]

That seems to be turning into a recurring theme.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;3534005]Nice little tidbits of info there, thanks for posting, ARodFLKeysJetsFan. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Anytime my brother.

All Pro
    Laury also wasn't there today but that's understandable.

Keels is an ass.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3533997]Timing is everything they say. :beerme:[/QUOTE]

what else is there?

Ihedigbo as well..
    [QUOTE]In addition to Edwards, WR Brad Smith and S James Ihedigbo signed their tenders and showed up for workouts.
    [/QUOTE]Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0iwLzNHLz[/url]

From Keels twitter...

[QUOTE]Leon Washington will not sign his tender at this time. He will continue to rehab while weighing his options as a restricted free agent.

Rehab is going great for LW. He is expected to be cleared to do running drills in the next 10-14 days and will be 100% healthy b4 camp![/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3534006]Leon hasn't signed his tender, right?

I blame all this more on Keels' poor counsel than Leon.[/QUOTE]

It's as much Leon's fault as it is Keels.

Leon should have learned from his mistakes last year.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3534015]Ihedigbo as well..
    Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0iwLzNHLz[/url]

From Keels twitter...[/QUOTE]

Nice, I like Ihedigbo as a Jet. :yes:

All League
    [url]http://www.ganggreennation.com/[/url]

From GGN:

Cimini also notes that WR Brad Smith and S James Ihedigbo have also signed and showed. [B]QB Kellen Clemens, CB Drew Coleman and OT Wayne Hunter were also present, although the three have not signed yet.[/B]

LB Lance Laury was not present, but that is most likely due to issues with travelling.

RB Leon Washington is apparently still exploring options, and he was absent from the workouts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3534014]what else is there?[/QUOTE]

Substance for starters.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gas2No99;3534020][url]http://www.ganggreennation.com/[/url]

From GGN:

Cimini also notes that WR Brad Smith and S James Ihedigbo have also signed and showed. [B]QB Kellen Clemens, CB Drew Coleman and OT Wayne Hunter were also present, although the three have not signed yet.[/B]

LB Lance Laury was not present, but that is most likely due to issues with travelling.

RB Leon Washington is apparently still exploring options, and he was absent from the workouts.[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Leon as a Jet, I'm over this BS. I hope we can move him and get something decent for him. Yes, he is a weapon but the fact is pretty much anyone can run behind that line and we did pretty well without him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3534021]Substance for starters.[/QUOTE]

interesting...in time.....soo let's say earth is destroyed before any outside being knows it exists....so then do we exist? Does this right here matter? Or is it the case of 'if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it still make a noise?' .. If we are not out of here or found before the sun eats us...did we ever exist?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3533992][B]Unsigned restricted free agent Leon Washington was a no-show for the start of the Jets' offseason conditioning program Monday.[/B]

[B]Despite coming off a compound leg fracture that's severely impacted his value, Washington remains unhappy with his contract situation. Ultimately, he just doesn't have much leverage[/B]. He'll likely report for mandatory work.

[/QUOTE]

Thnx for the update.

Just a fans viewpoint, but why does it seem Leon wants to be anywhere BUT with the Jets?

Why cant these 2 sides come together and get something done?

:steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Two thoughts on this:

1. $1.76 million is a decent chunk of change for a second round tender. I understand that Leon wants more, but that's a significant raise from what he was getting the past few years.

2. Why did we need to tender Edwards at a 1st and a 3rd? A bit of overkill if you ask me. We traded a 3rd, a 5th and two marginal players for Edwards. If we tendered him as a 1st and someone signed him, that would mean that we got half a year's production out of him plus a 1st rounder for our 3rd/5th and Trusnik and Stuckey. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. We'd also save $2 million if no one signed him. That's a decent amount of coin.

Jets Insider VIP
    well Leon, it's been nice but I am very hopeful that your reliance in the idiot known as Alvin the Chipmunk as an agent will result in finding some team dumb enough to sign a player with a broken leg to a nice contract so the Jets can find someone who actually wishes to play here and is not represented by an imbecile with that second round pick

[QUOTE=RageATL;3534024]As much as I like Leon as a Jet, I'm over this BS. I hope we can move him and get something decent for him. Yes, he is a weapon but the fact is pretty much anyone can run behind that line and we did pretty well without him.[/QUOTE]

I'd be cool with that. Target Mcluster/or gerhart mid round w 3rd for Leon-I doubt we get a 2nd.

[QUOTE]Rehab is going great for LW. He is expected to be cleared to do running drills in the next 10-14 days and will be 100% healthy b4 camp! [/QUOTE]:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::wave2:
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 03-22-2010 at 05:05 PM.