Thread: If Dez Bryant Falls...

If Dez Bryant Falls...

i've seen some mocks recently with bryant falling to us by some miracle. if bryant is still on the board when we pick, is it a total no-brainer to take him or do you still have to consider the board? I personally can't think of another prospect as talented as him that would be available at the bottom of the round...

There's even less of a chance of Bryant falling to 29 than there is for Iupati.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    There's even less of a chance of Bryant falling to 29 than there is for Iupati.
    imagine he did. is there any thought as to who to take?

Probably Dez Bryant...Unless Berry falls to 29 too.

I'm hoping Bradford or Clausen falls to 29. You can never have too many quarterbacks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    i've seen some mocks recently with bryant falling to us by some miracle. if bryant is still on the board when we pick, is it a total no-brainer to take him or do you still have to consider the board? I personally can't think of another prospect as talented as him that would be available at the bottom of the round...
    we just had a thread about this. the only idiot dumb enough to mock bryant that far down is Kirwan.

3. Why is Bryant dropping?
    Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant has widely been regarded as the most talented receiver in the 2010 draft class, but he has seen his value dip significantly in recent weeks.

Teams have growing concerns about his character, and their apprehension has resulted in Bryant falling to the bottom of the first round on several draft boards across the league.

Bryant, who missed 10 games in 2009 after being suspended by the NCAA for lying to an investigator, reportedly comes with a host of emotional baggage after growing up in a difficult situation, and scouts are worried about how that will impact his ability to focus on the field.

Additionally, scouts are starting to question Bryant's speed after watching his tape. Though most scouts estimate that Bryant will clock a 40-time in the mid-4.5 range, reports are buzzing that he will fail to crack the 4.6 mark. Although a receiver of Bryant's stature is not expected to post a sizzling time, a slow clocking will lead to some questions about his big-play potential, despite evidence to the contrary on tape.

Bryant is still clinging to his spot at the top of the receiver chart, but he will need an impressive performance at his pro day, and a strong series of interviews on team visits, to secure a spot in the middle of the first round.
    With all that said...Mayock and Davis still said its only a matter of difference of going at the top of the draft to the middle. And there's no way he can see him dropping past 20.

Veteran
    If hes there take him but he wont be