Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leon Washington still trying to leave?

Jets Insider VIP

Leon Washington still trying to leave?

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/more-leon-rex-speaks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nydnrss/blogs/jets+(Blogs/The+Jet+Stream[/url])

[QUOTE]More Leon, Rex speaks »
    BY RICH CIMINI

A little more insight on why Leon Washington is skipping the off-season program:

In an e-mail to me, his agent, Alvin Keel, said Washington’s decision has “nothing to do with him being unhappy. He loves New York and the fans. However, we have some interest out there in Leon. Truth of the matter is, if a team is going to give up a second-round pick, it would probably get done closer to the April 15th deadline vs. right now. He will be four weeks further along in his rehab than he is right now. It only makes sense from a business standpoint.”

Keels also noted, via his Twitter page, that he expects Washington to receive clearance in 10-14 days to start running. It sounds like Washington is trying to get as healthy as he can by mid-April, hoping to garner some 11th-hour interest in the free-agent market. Washington can sign an injury-protection waiver to participate in the off-season program, as other RFAs have done, but evidently doesn’t see that as a positive move at this point.

“That’s unfortunate,” Rex Ryan said today in an interview with ESPN radio in New York.

Ryan touched on a few other topics in the interview:

• He bragged about the Day 1 attendance in the off-season program: “Let’s see who has better attendance than us.”

• He said the 2010 defense defense “could be better than last year’s” if recently-acquired CB Antonio Cromartie returns to Pro Bowl form. The Jets ranked No. 1 in total defense last season.

• He spoke candidly about former Jets S Kerry Rhodes, saying he was disappointed Rhodes wasn’t more of a playmaker. He also claimed Rhodes didn’t study and prepare as well as he should have.

“Most players buy into what we’re selling,” Ryan said. “To be honest with you, I don’t know if Kerry fully bought in. I think he did later. As the year went on, I could see him trying to do what we asked.”

Later, Ryan added, “If we thought he was giving us everything he had, it never would’ve been an issue.”

Ouch.

• He said QB Mark Sanchez, rehabbing from knee surgery, is attending “every single offensive meeting” with the coaches. As for his knee, he’s “coming along tremendously,” Ryan said.

On Tuesday morning, Ryan will speak again at the AFC coaches' breakfast in Orlando, where the owners' meetings are going on. Our man Myers will be at Ryan's side, recording his every word.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/more-leon-rex-speaks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nydnrss/blogs/jets+(Blogs/The+Jet+Stream)#ixzz0izyjNPZI[/url][/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=One Eye;3534445] • He bragged about the Day 1 attendance in the off-season program: “Let’s see who has better attendance than us.”

[/QUOTE]

Lol...before the trolls jump in, allow me....

We're the off season conditioning program champs!!!!!!!

Yeah man.

ALRIGHT!!!!

sweet.

Look at us, beeatches.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Washington's agent said he wants to get his leg stronger for possible suitors, well good luck I say, because I think we are all he has got. With a deep RB draft, that works for us and other teams, but not Leon.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3534449]Lol...before the trolls jump in, allow me....

We're the off season conditioning program champs!!!!!!!

Yeah man.

ALRIGHT!!!!

sweet.

Look at us, beeatches.

:D[/QUOTE]

not too sure our chowd trolls will be too noisy on this since their three best players, at least, have all bailed out on Video Bills Offseason conditioning program... Warren for school, Moss for carjacking training and Tommi for boxing and figure skating lessons in Hollywood

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3534452]Washington's agent said he wants to get his leg stronger for possible suitors, well good luck I say, because I think we are all he has got. With a deep RB draft, that works for us and other teams, but not Leon.[/QUOTE]

True enough but we have to find out quickly if Neon Leon wants to be a JET or not. We have a team to run and a championship to win. If he does not want to be a part of it, sayonara and lets draft a suitable replacement who is HEALTHY and save money in the process.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3534458]True enough but we have to find out quickly if Neon Leon wants to be a JET or not. We have a team to run and a championship to win. If he does not want to be a part of it, sayonara and lets draft a suitable replacement who is HEALTHY and save money in the process.[/QUOTE]

It's about time to change that signature Kentucky.

[QUOTE][B]This is the DAWN of a NEW ERA! Go JETS , Chad Mr.T and ERIC![/B] [/QUOTE]

Chad Mr.T and Eric???

At least Mr. T is still here. ;)

Leon held out last season and it looks like he will be following the same trend. After having a devastating injury last season I think his agent is really giving him some $hitty advice.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3534460]It's about time to change that signature Kentucky.

Chad Mr.T and Eric???

At least Mr. T is still here. ;)[/QUOTE]

Why change it? I have had it so long and I like it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3534458]True enough but we have to find out quickly if Neon Leon wants to be a JET or not. We have a team to run and a championship to win. If he does not want to be a part of it, sayonara and lets draft a suitable replacement who is HEALTHY and save money in the process.[/QUOTE]

Thats what they should be doing in the first place, I think, he has reached the point of diminishing returns. Why waste time with a broken Chevy, when there are plenty of Cady's out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3534463][B]Why change it?[/B] [/QUOTE]

Because 2 out of the 3 of them are no longer Jets Kentucky.

One is the HC of the Browns and one is the back-up QB for the Dolphins!!!

You may as well put Jonathon Vilma in your signature too. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-23-2010 at 08:22 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    he likes it

watchagunnado

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3534473]he likes it

watchagunnado[/QUOTE]

Not a thing.

I have known Kentucky Jet for quite a few years now & he knows I was just breaking chops.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-23-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    welcome back, rex. glad to see you haven't changed.

All League
    All this bull**** with Leon has to make you love a "Jet" like Jim Leonhard..I think my next Jersey will be a Leonhard Jersey..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jets80;3534520]All this bull**** with Leon has to make you love a "Jet" like Jim Leonhard..I think my next Jersey will be a Leonhard Jersey..[/QUOTE]

+1 watch out for the haters though..for whatever reason

All Pro
    When a team is close to reaching a SB, you have to wonder the mindset of a Rhodes or L. Washington especially since the Jets went far w/o LW.

Suffering from Chad Morton disease (a combination of egomania and insanity) - thinks he's the Jets #1 RB when he never was and never will be
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-23-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3534538]When a team is close to reaching a SB, you have to wonder the mindset of a Rhodes or L. Washington especially since the Jets went far w/o him.

Suffering from Chad Morton disease (a combination of egomania and insanity) - thinks he's the Jets #1 or #1A RB when he never was and never will be[/QUOTE]

nice. and it's nothing personal nor do we consider leon not a good back it's simple #s. He's gonna be joining a backfield with Greene and LT. He's coming off an injury, unless he proves it he won't see that contract from the Jets. I highly expect him to be moved in the next month.

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3534541]nice. and it's nothing personal nor do we consider leon not a good back it's simple #s. He's gonna be joining a backfield with Greene and LT. He's coming off an injury, unless he proves it he won't see that contract from the Jets. I highly expect him to be moved in the next month.[/QUOTE]

LT can catch passes out of the backfield for a few years until they find a younger back, and the jets can draft either a cb or wr who can return kicks. so leon's role has been reduced somewhat. factor in that brad smith was pretty good in the wildcat, that they may draft another wr to play the slot, and leon's touches on offense and ST should be reduced. at this point, if the jets could get a 2nd for him i think it's a 'no brainer', especially in this deep draft. for a 3rd i think it's again a serious discussion.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3534538]When a team is close to reaching a SB, you have to wonder the mindset of a Rhodes or L. Washington especially since the Jets went far w/o LW.

Suffering from Chad Morton disease (a combination of egomania and insanity) - thinks he's the Jets #1 RB when he never was and never will be[/QUOTE]

whos that in your avatar pic?

i'm really starting to get sick of this Leon bull****.

he didn't have any leverage last year, he has even less leverage this year, and he's still trying to play hardball :rolleyes: