Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Announcement of Opening Weekend / Primetime Games This Week

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

No Announcement of Opening Weekend / Primetime Games This Week

We don't anticipate announcing at this league mtg the NFL primetime games for opening weekend + Thanksgiving. Still working on sked

[URL]http://twitter.com/NFLprguy[/URL]

NFL just told us there will be no announcement today on opening-weekend games. That means to Thanksgiving games, too.

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3534488]We don't anticipate announcing at this league mtg the NFL primetime games for opening weekend + Thanksgiving. Still working on sked

[url]http://twitter.com/NFLprguy[/url][/QUOTE]

The Daily News and The Post both said the opposite, that the Jets would find out today who their primetime opponents are.

Doesn't matter though, does it? It's Patriots Week 1, Vikings Thanksgiving.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534489]The Daily News and The Post both said the opposite, that the Jets would find out today who their primetime opponents are.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

DN and Post will be updating their stories. This was just announced.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** you NFL.

How do they not have this together yet?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3534491]**** you NFL.

How do they not have this together yet?[/QUOTE]

Psst...It probably has to do with the Jets now getting the MN game.

I think I also read the Broncos are ticked because they haven't had a home opener since 2004, which is ridiculous. How can a team not have a home opener in 6 years?

ORLANDO, Fla. If the Broncos get their way, they'll open the 2010 season with a Monday night game on Sept. 13 against the Oakland Raiders at Invesco Field at Mile High.
    It has been awhile since the Broncos have had their way with NFL schedule makers. Denver hasn't opened at home since the 2004 season, when it defeated Kansas City 34-24.
    The NFL was planning to announce today its primetime matchups for the season-opening week and Thanksgiving. [URL="http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/primetime-announcement-postponed/"]But NFL schedule maker Howard Katz said he needs more time.[/URL]
    A big reason the Broncos have started five consecutive seasons on the road is because CBS, the AFC network, airs the U.S. Open men's tennis championship the same Sunday afternoon after Labor Day that is part of the NFL's opening week. So either an NFC team would have to open in Denver which would put the game on Fox or the Broncos need to play on a day other than Sunday.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14727791#ixzz0j0QSubdc[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am [B]disgusted[/B] with the way the NFL has conducted itself this past week. The Week 1 Primetime schedule and Thanksgiving games were scheduled to be released yesterday, then they re-scheduled the release for today, and now it appears that it will be delayed indefinitely. What is going on over there? The NFL is sending a message of [B]clear disorganization[/B] to the nation of fans out there...first with the reprehensible mishandling of the NY teams' opening day games via a secretive 'coin-toss' without team representatives being present, and now this debacle. :steamin:

As a life-long fan of the NFL, I have never formally complained about any aspect of the game until today. I felt compelled to voice my concerns to the league in an email regarding the recent chaotic events and let them know that many fans fear for the future of our beloved sport under the current leadership.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like woody's complaints forced the nfl's hand. i wonder if the nfl even had the jets hosting that mnf game in the original version. looks like they were completely intent on screwing the jets that weekend, and this thanksgiving crap hardly makes up for it and upsets the season ticketholders anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534489]The Daily News and The Post both said the opposite, that the Jets would find out today who their primetime opponents are.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The NY Post said that Week 1 is the Phins.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the games are not for many months, why is it a big deal this has not come out yet? whats the rush?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the difference between knowing now and in April when the full schedule comes out?

Don't see the big deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3534568]What's the difference between knowing now and in April when the full schedule comes out?

Don't see the big deal.[/QUOTE]

Instant gratification? The longing for ANYTHING Jets football related? I'm bored? All of the above? :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3534562]looks like woody's complaints forced the nfl's hand. i wonder if the nfl even had the jets hosting that mnf game in the original version. looks like they were completely intent on screwing the jets that weekend, and this thanksgiving crap hardly makes up for it and upsets the season ticketholders anyway.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets think a Thanksgiving home game is good, then they suck from a fan standpoint and I hope it sways people from NOT buying PSL's . So now I and some of you, will have three worthless games for our tickets and a 10 year game streak in trouble for me. For those of us with family, the Thanksgiving game sucks. I may have to offer a spa weekend to the wife just to go to this one....

Come on NFL, make the schedule decisions so we can start planning.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    who flipped the coin that moved it til next week?...I'm looking for Roger Goodell

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3534579]who flipped the coin that moved it til next week?...I'm looking for Roger Goodell[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY, it's just plain shady that he did that with no reps there from either team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3534568]What's the difference between knowing now and in April when the full schedule comes out?

Don't see the big deal.[/QUOTE]

The big deal has to do with the big picture, its not just this one incident. In a league that has been fairly precise and professionally-run in recent years, it now appears that they are losing control of themselves on several fronts. Critical negotiations are upcoming which will determine the future of the NFL and whether or not we even have a 2011 season. [B]If the league can't seem to handle internal decision-making and a release of information that is generated from within, how do you think they will fair in negotiations against a formidable opponent in the Player's Union?[/B] I feel we as fans are in big trouble going into these talks under the current disorganized leadership.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsieThrasher;3534591]The big deal has to do with the big picture, its not just this one incident. In a league that has been fairly precise and professionally-run in recent years, it now appears that they are losing control of themselves on several fronts. Critical negotiations are upcoming which will determine the future of the NFL and whether or not we even have a 2011 season. [B]If the league can't seem to handle internal decision-making and a release of information that is generated from within, how do you think they will fair in negotiations against a formidable opponent in the Player's Union?[/B] I feel we as fans are in big trouble going into these talks under the current disorganized leadership.[/QUOTE]

From my point of view, the league ran like clockwork under Tagliabue's regime. Goodell is f*cking it up almost on a daily basis. Cannot stand that guy.:steamin:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3534565]The NY Post said that Week 1 is the Phins.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact quote, updated 10 minutes ago:

" Jets owner Woody Johnson issued a shockingly frank public criticism of the league three days later for holding the flip alone, and the club privately remains irate even though the NFL gave Johnson a home game Sept. 13 on Monday Night Football -- [U]most likely against the Dolphins or Patriots[/U] -- as consolation.

The Jets also are expected to receive a home game Thanksgiving night, an announcement that could come as soon as today."

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the question is, would the jets have those games if woody never opened his mouth?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534641]This is the exact quote, updated 10 minutes ago:

" Jets owner Woody Johnson issued a shockingly frank public criticism of the league three days later for holding the flip alone, and the club privately remains irate even though the NFL gave Johnson a home game Sept. 13 on Monday Night Football -- [U]most likely against the Dolphins or Patriots[/U] -- as consolation.

The Jets also are expected to receive a home game Thanksgiving night, an announcement that could come as soon as today."

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I should have been more specific. On their Twitter post yesterday, they said it was the Phins, but now they've obviously changed that. The original is in my "MNF & TG Opponents" thread...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3534647]I should have been more specific. On their Twitter post yesterday, they said it was the Phins, but now they've obviously changed that. The original is in my "MNF & TG Opponents" thread...[/QUOTE]

My guess is they don't know. It's clearly got to be Dolphins or Patriots, with the Vikes on Turkey Day.

SAR I