Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Games on NFL Network This Week

All League

Jets Games on NFL Network This Week

Hey just wanted to give a heads up to everyone about some NY Jets Games being replayed on the NFL Network this week.

Today at 5:00pm - NFLs Greatest Games NY Jets at Cleveland Browns AFC Divisional Playoff Game from 1987, went into double OT.

Friday at 8:00pm - NFLs Greatest Games Miami Dolphins at NY Jets from 1986, Jets won in OT in a shoot out 51-45.

Friday at 9:30pm - Right after the MIA at NYJs game they will be airing NFL Yearbook: 1986 NY Jets.

Sunday at 2:30pm - Tennessee at NY Jets from 2009 this past season when the Jets won their 3rd straight game to start the season. The NFL Network airs the top 4 games from each week of the season every Sunday, this week they are on Week 3 from last season.
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 03-23-2010 at 12:06 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3534684]Hey just wanted to give a heads up to everyone about some NY Jets Games being replayed on the NFL Network this week.

Today at 5:00pm - NFLs Greatest Games NY Jets at Cleveland Browns AFC Divisional Playoff Game from 1987, went into double OT.

Friday at 8:00pm - NFLs Greatest Games Miami Dolphins at NY Jets from 1986, Jets won in OT in a shoot out 51-45.

Friday at 9:30pm - Right after the MIA at NYJs game they will be airing NFL Yearbook: 1986 NY Jets.

Sunday at 2:30pm - Tennessee at NY Jets from 2009 this past season when the Jets won their 3rd straight game to start the season. The NFL Network airs the top 4 games from each week of the season every Sunday, this week they are on Week 3 from last season.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up....gonna DVR the sh*t outta that Miracle game. :D

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3534684]

[/QUOTE]

SPOILER:

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/gas1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/gas2.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=RageATL;3534687]Thanks for the head's up....gonna DVR the sh*t outta that Miracle game. :D[/QUOTE]

So you know, that's not the original NBC broadcast of that game. It'll be the NFL Films version with players reminiscing about it. Its still cool to watch, but its not the original, full length video as originally broadcast.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3534693]SPOILER:

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/gas1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/gas2.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Party pooper :confused:

I missed the spoiler alert.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3534701]Party pooper

I missed the spoiler alert.[/QUOTE]

The alternate ending has the Jets winning that game, going to Denver who we'd already beaten that season, then going to the Super Bowl to face Parcells Giants.

If Gastineau doesn't rough Kosar, John Elway doesn't get to engineer "The Drive", Jets make it to the Super Bowl, Elway's confidence is delayed, Schottenheimer doesn't get fired, Bellichick doesn't get to fail in Cleveland, history is re-written. Gastineau's hit cost the Jets 2 trips to the Super Bowl and gave the Patriots 3 rings.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 03-23-2010 at 12:31 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534696]So you know, that's not the original NBC broadcast of that game. It'll be the NFL Films version with players reminiscing about it. Its still cool to watch, but its not the original, full length video as originally broadcast.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yeah running time is only 90 minutes so its like when they replay the best games of the week with cutting time in between plays, sometimes punts and kickoffs that were just routine, stuff like that.

As you said though they will have players and coaches give insight to what they were thinking or the logic behind play calling or what they saw on the field, makes it more entertaining.

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534709]The alternate ending has the Jets winning that game, going to Denver who we'd already beaten that season, then going to the Super Bowl to face Parcells Giants.

If Gastineau doesn't rough Kosar, John Elway doesn't get to engineer "The Drive", Jets make it to the Super Bowl, Elway's confidence is delayed, Schottenheimer doesn't get fired, Bellichick doesn't get to fail in Cleveland, history is re-written. Gastineau's hit cost the Jets 2 trips to the Super Bowl and gave the Patriots 3 rings.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yeah infact while I was looking through the week to set my DVR I saw they are also replaying the AFCC Game from 86 Denver at Cleveland aka "The Drive" Friday at 5:00pm.

Veteran
    much appreciated info...thanks :)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3534719]Yeah infact while I was looking through the week to set my DVR I saw they are also replaying the AFCC Game from 86 Denver at Cleveland aka "The Drive" Friday at 5:00pm.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that made the Gastineau Disaster a little easier to swallow was watching Denver stick it to Cleveland under similar circumstances the next Sunday. Browns collapsed, took dumb penalties......even the winning FG by the Broncos was questionable, looked like they missed it. The following year was the Byner fumble. The Browns are the only team that's got it worse than the Jets, karma-wise. Same Ol' Browns.

SAR I

Thanks, PaPZ.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3534709]The alternate ending has the Jets winning that game, going to Denver who we'd already beaten that season, then going to the Super Bowl to face Parcells Giants.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:rockon:

Practice Squad
    Got the first 2 but my Direct TV on line guides says 1992 Bills at 9:30 Friday.

...and this is why I'm a member here. Thanks for the heads up, programming my DVR via internet right now.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=BUD329;3534901]Got the first 2 but my Direct TV on line guides says 1992 Bills at 9:30 Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

SAR I

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3534696]So you know, that's not the original NBC broadcast of that game. It'll be the NFL Films version with players reminiscing about it. Its still cool to watch, but its not the original, full length video as originally broadcast.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT, but thanks for the head's up, SAR!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=RageATL;3534917]DAMMIT, but thanks for the head's up, SAR![/QUOTE]

No problem. You can purchase the original NBC broadcast of the '86 Gastineau Fiasco on DVD on eBay and some private sites rather cheaply and easily.

[url]http://www.myfootballdvds.com/new_york_jets.html[/url]

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Just checked the NFL Network schedule and they don't have the Friday games listed but I'm setting the DVR anyway. I was at two of the games.

Me and a buddy of mine went to the dolphins / Jets back in 1986 without tickets. We scalped two tickets, pounded beers and saw one of the greatest games I have ever seen.

I was also at the Tennessee game in 2009 with my son.

Thanks for the heads up!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3534975]

That's what THAT GAME did too me that day

PS. I wouldn't watch that game again for all the Gold in Fort Knox[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/scan.jpg[/IMG]

Kicked the coffee table across the room as the winning FG went through, almost broke Muffin's little Schnauzer legs. That game made me the paranoid, superstitious, SO-Jets fan I am today.

I curse Mark Gastineau. Met him once, must have been 2003, it was in the Jets bubble outside the stadium, gave him the finger.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3535093][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/scan.jpg[/IMG]

Kicked the coffee table across the room as the winning FG went through, almost broke Muffin's little Schnauzer legs. That game made me the paranoid, superstitious, SO-Jets fan I am today.

I curse Mark Gastineau. Met him once, must have been 2003, it was in the Jets bubble outside the stadium, gave him the finger.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL