Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Round WRs - Who's Your Pick

All Pro

Mid-Round WRs - Who's Your Pick

Assuming they don't take a WR in the 1st or 2nd... who would you like taken in the 4th/5th?

Riley Cooper
    Taylor Price
    Blair White
    Mike Williams
    Jordan Shipley
    Dezmon Briscoe
    Eric Decker
    Marcus Easley

Andre Roberts
    Jacoby Ford
    Jordan Shipley

Roberts may go in 3.
    With all the supplemental picks handed out, Ford may be gone by 135+ when the Jets pick in the 4th.
    Shipley will last.
    These 3 are good in a slot role.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Andre Roberts
    Jacoby Ford
    Jordan Shipley

Roberts may go in 3.
    With all the supplemental picks handed out, Ford may be gone by 135+ when the Jets pick in the 4th.
    Shipley will last.
    These 3 are good in a slot role.
    What's your feeling on D Thomas from GTech?

what are the chances that gilyard is there in the 2nd for the jets?

Eric Decker is worth the chance he was a sure fire 2nd round pick before the injury.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Assuming they don't take a WR in the 1st or 2nd... who would you like taken in the 4th/5th?

Riley Cooper
    Taylor Price
    Blair White
    Mike Williams
    Jordan Shipley
    Dezmon Briscoe
    Eric Decker
    Marcus Easley
    you beat me to it today, i was actually going to start a thread about 4 WRs we haven't talked about

Taylor Price, ohio
    Marcus Easly, connecticut
    Jeremy Williams, tulane
    shay hodge ole miss

I don't recall their combine performances and we haven't really discussed these guys. I know we've talked about everyone around them, like Briscoe, white, shipley etc

As far as your list goes,
    Decker, he's been talked about as a potential pick at 61 for us, won't be there in the 4th.
    Riley cooper's had lots of exposure because of the hooplah surrounding tebow and Florida. he's 4th rnd possibility, but i wonder how tapped out he is
    White, meh
    Mike Williams sounds like a disaster. he'll be there in the 5th or 6th.

I love how D. Alexander has flown under the radar and should be there for us in rnds 4 or 5.

All League
    I like a lot of them too

Decker
    Price
    Cooper
    White

There's some decent once...I'd take Cooper, Brown, White, Decker, Alexander, Ford, Briscoe, Edwards, Mitchell, Hodge, Ajirotutu, Anderson, Easly, Price....

Blair White.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Joe Webb- UAB, Emmanuel Sanders-SMU, Chris McGaha/ASU, Kerry Meier/KSt

All Pro
    So let me rephrase that..

does anyone know anything/having any opinions on these guys;?

Taylor Price, ohio
    Marcus Easly, connecticut
    Jeremy Williams, tulane
    shay hodge ole miss

Shay Hodge is Cotchery 2.0. Probably won't happen for a few years, but I'm more patient than most football fans (it seems, sometimes).

Good call on Meier and Webb CB...

I really like Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Shipley, Andre Roberts.

I'm a big fan of Decker. When you combine the production, with him being built for the slot, and the value of where you could get him, he makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Blair White.

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    What's your feeling on D Thomas from GTech?

I've had arguments on JI about this guy. Some people say take him in the first. That's my problem. No way.
    There is a discussion on his speed. It's claimed sub 4.4. But he never ran anywhere. Right now he has a broken foot suffered in February. Had surgery and is going around on crutches and a boot.
    At 61? OK, if the Jets are satisfied with his injury progress.

How's Mike Williams from 'Cuse looked? He's a headcase and immature, but he has talent. Always looked a tad slow though...

I was kinda hoping Benn would last till the end of the second, but he just had a great pro day running 4.4 and 4.42 and a bunch of teams were there, I doubt he makes it past the mid second round now. He's a taller version of Cotchery with more speed and what I like most about him is his physicality and he can play in the slot from day one and make us even more physical with his blocking. This guy can also throw a nice stiff arm, always a plus in my book.

Taylor PRICE
    Jacoby FORD
    Andre ROBERTS
    Jeremy WILLIAMS
    Jordan SHIPLEY
    Freddie BARNES

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanJim View Post
    I'm a big fan of Decker. When you combine the production, with him being built for the slot, and the value of where you could get him, he makes the most sense.
    How is he built for the slot other than having the same skin color as Wes Welker? NFL.com lists him at 6'3", 217. He's more of a Kevin Walter type player (because white players MUST be compared to other white players). And the Jets didn't go after Kevin Walter this off season.