Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan on 2010 Jets: 'Take it to the bank'

Ryan on 2010 Jets: 'Take it to the bank'

[QUOTE]ORLANDO, Fla. -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan already has dropped about 30 pounds since he had lap-band surgery a couple of weeks ago. The moment you look at him, you can tell he's slimmed down considerably.

Even though the Jets have established themselves as a contender, don't expect coach Rex Ryan to tone down the bravado.
    His words are as large as ever.

The bombastic Ryan met with reporters for the first time in months Tuesday morning, sitting down at a media breakfast as part of the NFL owners meetings. Ryan didn't have a plate in front of him, but he dished out several quality quotes.

As we were being chased out the door and reporters were jockeying to get in one last question for Ryan, Boston Globe writer Albert Breer asked Ryan if he would tone down his rhetoric to avoid overconfidence now that the Jets have established themselves as a team to fear.

"Facing Tom Brady, facing [Ronnie] Brown and all these guys you face every week, overconfident will not be an issue," Ryan replied. "We go into every game thinking we're going to win. Every single game. I don't care if we're playing the Pro Bowl team, we expect to win. That's just our mentality. That's our belief in each other, our belief in our systems and our coaching staff and everything we do.

"But to say we're overconfident, we're going into the season 0-0 like everybody else, and we've got to earn our right to get to what we were and fight your tail off to get in the playoffs. We're the same team that, in our division alone, got swept by Miami, split with New England and Buffalo.

"We'll always have the underdog mentality, but now I think we've earned some respect throughout this league, whether through the national media or the opponents. We earned their respect.

"When we were saying things, everybody thought we were crazy. I don't know if they think we're crazy now. We did go in there, saying we were going to have a dominant defense; we led the NFL in total defense. We said we were going to have a ground-and-pound offense; we led the league in rushing. [B]So when I think we have an excellent football team, maybe you should take it to the bank because we've got an excellent football team."[/B][/QUOTE]

:yes:

Take what to the bank?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I thank God every day that Chad Pennington is a Miami Dolphin.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

PatsFanTX called and asked that it be noted that he says:

Wrecks is the laughing stock of the league. Someone let me know when he wins 10 games in the regular season. The 2010 NY Jets....the NFL offseason smack talking champs

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=crasherino;3534738]PatsFanTX called and asked that it be noted that he says:

Wrecks is the laughing stock of the league. Someone let me know when he wins 10 games in the regular season. The 2010 NY Jets....the NFL offseason smack talking champs

[/QUOTE]

"The Jets have established themselves as a team to fear."

--Albert Breer, Boston Globe

Jets Insider VIP
    It moved.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3534731]Take what to the bank?[/QUOTE]

it

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FF2;3534754]it[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://tshirthunter.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/old-take-me-to-bank_ms.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Banned
    Any coaches words aren't worth the paper they're written on.:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3534765]Any coaches words aren't worth the paper they're written on.:eek:[/QUOTE]

True.. That's why BB uses Video..:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3534765]Any coaches words aren't worth the paper they're written on.:eek:[/QUOTE]

But what if you read those words on the interwebz? What are they worth then?

Jets Insider VIP

SIMILARLY so is ANYTHING YOU POST HERE

So is any Pats doosh, posting on a Jets forum :P

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3534765]Any coaches words aren't worth the paper they're written on.[/QUOTE]

No, but methinks we've found our new training camp slogan.

SAR I

[QUOTE=FF2;3534754]it[/QUOTE]

suggit burger blood

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Savage69;3534769]True.. That's why BB uses Video..[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.cnnsi.com/2009/images/10/30/parcells-belichick.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

[QUOTE=Savage69;3534769]True.. That's why BB uses Video..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Well played!

Gotta love Rex and the majority of the players. They talked the talk, and they walked the walk in 2009. Hopefully it stays the same in 2010 and beyond.

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3534738]PatsFanTX called and asked that it be noted that he says:

:zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

What ever happened to that Dude? perma?

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you KING REX for my new sig