Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Dexter McCluster- 4.39 at pro day...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Dexter McCluster- 4.39 at pro day...

6.59 three cone....he's gonna move into the 2nd round- great football player that will be a steal for someone who uses him the right way....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such a beast...Ole Miss was really fun to watch this year and last because of him...even without their best player at maybe 75% over the past 2 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    6.59 three cone....he's gonna move into the 2nd round- great football player that will be a steal for someone who uses him the right way....
    The bolded part is the key thing. I only watched a couple of his games last year on the tube but it is what he looked like. Not some 3rd down speedster, not some gimicky little player, but a football player that gave 100% effort on every play and seemed to really know what he was doing to go along with his athletic talent.

You see so many great athletes in college that just don't act like football players.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    plus there's so many way's you can use him from slot reciever to running back and also kr/pr 's on special teams. not to count out the reverses and sweeps and bubble screens . wild cat plays.

for 165 pounds he's wiry strong and give nickel back fits trying to tackle him.

i hope the jets have him on the radar if leon leaves. i'll scoop him up with our second because of the versatility.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have heard him labelled as the next Leon Washington. Good back.
    BUT, he's so small. Durability concern?
    I would prefer a quick, fast 200 pounder. Joe McKnight - USC. 3-4 round?
    Dump Leon. Doesn't show at OTAs? Not healed? Bad attitude? Go.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    must recant a statement I made earlier....evidently Tannenbaum told people he loves McCluster...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I suggested this two months ago and was told I was overrating him.

I honestly wasn't too concerned about his 40. Anyone who has even watched him for a single game knows his game speed, his ability to run past the best athletes college football has to offer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take him with our 1st pick, whether that means trading down slightly -or not.
    If he makes the grade... IMO, just get him. I wouldn't argue this selection one bit. & that can be said for some other scenarios as well obviously, so we'll just wait and see.. Flexibility is always key and Mr.T and the Jets always have it as top priority, so that allows us to target the player we want most. But definitely a player to target.

How do you guys feel about Tate's prospects in comparison? & what each would bring to this team both immediately, and in terms of their upside?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew5OIwf_Its

Last edited by JOHNNY JOHNSON; 03-23-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like