Thread: Anyone Able to Update Us on the Sirius Radio Jay Feely Interview?

Anyone Able to Update Us on the Sirius Radio Jay Feely Interview?

... i got in the car and heard the last 30 seconds of the interview with feely ...

... they were just discussing his thoughts on the possible new OT rule & after football career thoughts ...

... did anyone hear what was said able his offers & thoughts on returning to the jets or going to the cardinals? ...

thx

l_j_r

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

el_dub ... saw in the other jay feely thread you had mentioned hearing the interview ... anything you can pass on to us about his thoughts with the cardinals offer vs. perhaps returning to us? ... (tried to pm you but your profile is not accepting pm's)

... would love to hear from anyone about what feely said ...

thx,

l_j_r

All Pro
    he said he's " kick'in it "

[QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3535346]he said he's " kick'in it "[/QUOTE]

... i hold this site in such high esteem, and this is the only response i get ...

... what a colossal letdown ...

:shakehead

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry lamont

didn't listen to it

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3535338]el_dub ... saw in the other jay feely thread you had mentioned hearing the interview ... anything you can pass on to us about his thoughts with the cardinals offer vs. perhaps returning to us? ... (tried to pm you but your profile is not accepting pm's)

... would love to hear from anyone about what feely said ...

thx,

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

He's a smart cat. I'm going to miss him if we lose him to the Cards. He said he doesn't like being a free agent, he would rather be signed and with his team mates.

They were asking him about his missed kicks at Indy, and he also lamented over the fact that when he left the Giants for the FINS the following year the Giants won the Super Bowl without him. He's not looking for a repeat of that incident with the Jets.

He wants to be a Jet, and said the Coaching staff all wants him here, he said all meetings went well, he has a great relationship with Rex. Rex loves this guy, he's a tough kicker, a gym rat. Feeley says he'll do whatever the Coaching staff asks of him.

Feeley says he's into the game unlike some players that just sit on the bench. He says he congratulates players when they do well, and consoles them after a bad play.

He also said he loves ALL aspects of the game, the film study, the long hours at the facility, game prep. He hates the fact that it takes away from his family life, but he understands what it takes to be successful in this league. He said the Jets are on the RIGHT path and he wants to be a part of their continued success.

He said the meetings with the Cards went well, he also said kicking in ARZ would be nice, BUT he enjoys the challenge of kicking in the Meadowlands.

:yes:
    Last edited by el_dub80; 03-24-2010 at 11:02 AM.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3535986]He's a smart cat. I'm going to miss him if we lose him to the Cards. He said he doesn't like being a free agent, he would rather be signed and with his team mates.

They were asking him about his missed kicks at Indy, and he also lamented over the fact that when he left the Giants for the FINS the following year the Giants won the Super Bowl without him. He's not looking for a repeat of that incident with the Jets.

He wants to be a Jet, and said the Coaching staff all wants him here, he said all meetings went well, he has a great relationship with Rex. Rex loves this guy, he's a tough kicker, a gym rat. Feeley says he'll do whatever the Coaching staff asks of him.

Feeley says he's into the game unlike some players that just sit on the bench. He says he congratulates players when they do well, and consoles them after a bad play.

He also said he loves ALL aspects of the game, the film study, the long hours at the facility, game prep. He hates the fact that it takes away from his family life, but he understands what it takes to be successful in this league. He said the Jets are on the RIGHT path and he wants to be a part of their continued success.

He said the meetings with the Cards went well, he also said kicking in ARZ would be nice, BUT he enjoys the challenge of kicking in the Meadowlands.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

... exactly the type of response i was hoping to get ...

... very much appreciated el-dub!!! :yes: ...

... i agree he is a very sharp guy ... afterwards the hosts were basically saying as soon as he's done playing there will be a broadcasting spot waiting for him if he wants it ...

... folk is definitely not our answer ... that is the front offices plan c or plan d ...

... i believe plan a is keep feely and not pay too much ... bringing folk in is simply for leverage to try to force feely's hand in negotiations ... or perhaps to take care of some of the training camp leg work ...

thanks again,

l_j_r

[QUOTE=ljr@work;3537004]... exactly the type of response i was hoping to get ...

... very much appreciated el-dub!!! :yes: ...

... i agree he is a very sharp guy ... afterwards the hosts were basically saying as soon as he's done playing there will be a broadcasting spot waiting for him if he wants it ...

... folk is definitely not our answer ... that is the front offices plan c or plan d ...

... i believe plan a is keep feely and not pay too much ... bringing folk in is simply for leverage to try to force feely's hand in negotiations ... or perhaps to take care of some of the training camp leg work ...

thanks again,

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

+1
    Feely is a gamer and I definitely think we would miss him if he left.

I think it's pretty clear that Jay Feely will not be a Jet in 2010.

... got this on another forum ... pretty much mirrors el_dub's comments -

[QUOTE]
    He said that the jets are one of the best organizations in football to play for and that everyone loves playing for rex. He loves ny and would like to come back but understands its a buisness. As for arizona hes visited and likes what they are doing and has many friends on the team. Its between the jets and cards. You can tell in his voice he would much rather be here. Feels like we are headed in right direction and fast. Also we have alot of young talent.

An interesting fact he stated..... The next season after he left the giants to go to miami they won the super bowl. If he leaves us to go to an nfc team (cards), are we next? Go to the desert jay! All in all jay seems like a great guy, very smart and very humble and outspoken. I hope for the best for him.wouldnt mind him back at all.
    [/QUOTE]

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I just don't understand why we can't get Feely resigned.

It SOUNDS like he wants to be here.

On the flip side, Rackers & Stover are also still unsigned.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3537199]I just don't understand why we can't get Feely resigned.

It SOUNDS like he wants to be here.

On the flip side, Rackers & Stover are also still unsigned.[/QUOTE]

I have to think that NO ONE wants to over pay like Al Davis did for Janikowski, so teams are waiting until after the draft? :eek: