Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos may drop asking price for Marshall

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3535208]I freakin' hate speculation.[/QUOTE]

Draft is in about a month, get ready for it to pick up even more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3535204]Leon who?[/QUOTE]

Hess?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one will sign Leon and give up a second.
    Seattle has a better 2nd round pick and would give it up for Marshall.

Unless - Tanny out smarts Seattle --- hmmmmm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The price would have to drop an awful lot more then that for pursuing Marshall to make any sense. The guy is bad news, the new T.O. except with violent crimes as well as being a pain in the ass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Braylon Edwards be involved in this trade??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    They need a WR. Brandon for Braylon and a 4th

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Mr T is looking into this. I believe if they did propose a trade to the broncos it will have to include a WR in return as well much like the Braylon trade to the Browns. So i really doubt the Jets would keep Braylon JCo and Marshall on the same team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gluis011;3535265]I think the Mr T is looking into this. I believe if they did propose a trade to the broncos it will have to include a WR in return as well much like the Braylon trade to the Browns. So i really doubt the Jets would keep Braylon JCo and Marshall on the same team.[/QUOTE]

If we gave up Braylon, a 4th and another later pick this year or next, it's a win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could give up our 1st, next years 4th for Marshall and Denver's 2nd.

That would move us back from #29 to #46 I believe. I couldn't find a list of the second round, but Denver's original 1st round would have been #14.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3535170]I totally agree. The only thing I could see being a problem is AFC to AFC vs. him going to Seattle. I understand people not liking his character but I have a funny feeling he wouldn't pull the same sh*t with Rex.[/QUOTE]

I love Marshall the player, but not a big fan of the person. I doubt that he will change under Rex. He's still going to be a punk on the verge of a major suspension. He may not pull some of his antics on the field, but unless Rex is going to be his 24/7 babysitter, he's going to always be a huge risk off the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3535267]If we gave up Braylon, a 4th and another later pick this year or next, it's a win.[/QUOTE]

lol what??? Why the hell would the JETS give up more for Marshall? Isn't it just at 1st round pick right now? So why the hell would you want to give up Braylon and 2 additional picks? That's definitely a loss.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3535277]lol what??? Why the hell would the JETS give up more for Marshall? Isn't it just at 1st round pick right now? So why the hell would you want to give up Braylon and 2 additional picks? That's definitely a loss.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the Jets will give up 2 draft picks plus edwards either. Im thinking somthing like JCo plus a 4th round pick would seal the deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gluis011;3535283]I dont think the Jets will give up 2 draft picks plus edwards either. Im thinking somthing like JCo plus a 4th round pick would seal the deal.[/QUOTE]

Again no, if the Jets are really interested, why the hell would a player be involved? Denver want's someone to take him away from them. Hence the report of lowering the asking price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gluis011;3535283]I dont think the Jets will give up 2 draft picks plus edwards either. Im thinking somthing like JCo plus a 4th round pick would seal the deal.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I wouldn't trade Cotchery for Marshall straight up, much less give a pick too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3535277]lol what??? Why the hell would the JETS give up more for Marshall? Isn't it just at 1st round pick right now? So why the hell would you want to give up Braylon and 2 additional picks? That's definitely a loss.[/QUOTE]

Relax.

Marshall is way better than Edwards, IMO. So a 4th, and maybe a 6th or something next year should seal the deal. That's my thinking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3535211]Draft is in about a month, get ready for it to pick up even more.[/QUOTE]

But that's different.

The draft stuff is based on ... you know ... facts. Writers have facts about interviews and team/player sources and draw conclusions.

With Brandon Marshall there is not a shred of facts linking the Jets to him.

It's ridiculous. It's all about what the Jets "could do" or "should do" rather than the Jets are "planning to do" or "have made efforts to do."

It's all nonsense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3535173]Leon can't pass a physical right now and isn't getting signed to an offer sheet so he's not part of the equation at all.[/QUOTE]

Correct. But Buzz, you and I are the only posters at JI who believe this. Everyone else thinks Leon is doing wind-sprints right now.
    The truth is, with these types of injuries in the NFL, most guys arent back to 100% until the SECOND year of recovery.

If some lunatic GM tenders Leon for a second rounder today...GRAB IT and RUN, but it aint gonna happen, unfortunately.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the opportunity to land Marshall is there, bank on the Jets FO to be looking into based on their track record alone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3535289]Wow. I wouldn't trade Cotchery for Marshall straight up, much less give a pick too.[/QUOTE]

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3535289]Wow. I wouldn't trade Cotchery for Marshall straight up, much less give a pick too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although Cotch isn't a burner like Edwards, he's way more valuable.

I'd give up Edwards for Marshall (and whatever the difference is, if negligible).