Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos may drop asking price for Marshall

All Pro
    If Marshall is only worth a 2nd round pick, then no way do we get a 2nd for Leon.

Marshall = elite player (albeitso a bit of a headcase)
    Leon = pretty good role player (who's coming off a big injury)

I said they will trade JCo in the deal because its not a good thing to have 2 receivers who look at themselves as a #1 on the same team. then you cant definatily have 3 guys on the same team who look at themselves as a #1 . It would not be a good scenario inside the locker room. As much as we all love Jco if the jets were to trade him they might only be able to get a 4th for him. So figure the value of this trade for an elite WR Jco and a 4th pick this year. I think Jets have a better deal.
    Last edited by Gluis011; 03-23-2010 at 06:33 PM.

All Pro
    unless we acumulate more picks, then no. Not that deal anyways.

We'd given away our 2nd,3rd,4th,&5th picks for Braylon and Brandon. At some point we need depth.

give'em Leon and our 2nd for Marshall and their 3rd

I hope we don't get up give up picks for Marshall.

We still have more pressing needs on D that we need to sure up in the draft.

however, whoever said Cotch is better than Mashall is insane....and I like Cotch a lot.
    Last edited by New Jerzey Jet; 03-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3535321]I hope we don't get up give up picks for Marshall.

however, whoever said said Cotch is better than Mashall is insane....and I like Cotch a lot.[/QUOTE]

that must of been a joke...

Marshal top 3 receiver in the league

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3535321]however, whoever said Cotch is better than Mashall is insane....and I like Cotch a lot.[/QUOTE]

IDK about better but all things considered, I'd rather have Cotchery. Marshall's [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Legal_trouble"]a complete thug[/URL].

There's other things to consider, such as the risk of Marshall getting arrested, suspension, or he might decide he's not being paid enough and cause a problem for the team.

Don't have to worry about any of that with Cotchery, and he's a very good player in his own right.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3535331]that must of been a joke...

Marshal top 3 receiver in the league[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3535321]I hope we don't get up give up picks for Marshall.

however, whoever said Cotch is better than Mashall is insane....and I like Cotch a lot.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna stick to what I posted......actually i wasnt joking.

Cotch has been asked to do whatever we needed from him. Cotch was a legitimate #1 threat before Braylon came. After Braylon arrived he was still Sanchez' go to guy.

Im not saying Marshall isnt a great talent, but if thats the case, why has he been in the doghouse for 2 years in Denver.....missing games.....TC's etc?

The Broncos cant wait to get this guy out of town.

For the Jets chemistry and current situation, I like Cotchery over Marshall.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3535344]Nobody said that. But all things considered, I'd rather have Cotchery. Marshall's [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Legal_trouble"]a complete thug[/URL][/QUOTE]

He did get the Pudding Pie Award in 2009 though.

All Pro
    JETS GIVE UP

2010 2nd ROUND PICK
    2011 2nd ROUND PICK
    BRYAN THOMAS
    VERNON GHOLSTON
    KELLEN CLEMENS
    ERIC SMITH

FOR:
    BRANDON MARSHALL
    ELVIS DUMERVIL

just when i thought i was out... John Clayton pulls me back in.

Wow, I would do this in a second. WHY, isn't Marshall Coachable by McDaniels though? :huh:

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3535348]Im gonna stick to what I posted......actually i wasnt joking.

Cotch has been asked to do whatever we needed from him. Cotch was a legitimate #1 threat before Braylon came. After Braylon arrived he was still Sanchez' go to guy.

Im not saying Marshall isnt a great talent, but if thats the case, why has he been in the doghouse for 2 years in Denver.....missing games.....TC's etc?

The Broncos cant wait to get this guy out of town.

For the Jets chemistry and current situation, I like Cotchery over Marshall.[/QUOTE]

no that is still a joke. in no way is cotch a LEGIT number 1 threat. he is a threat to catch and hang on to a 10 yard pass yes but thats about it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3535360]JETS GIVE UP

2010 2nd ROUND PICK
    2011 2nd ROUND PICK
    BRYAN THOMAS
    VERNON GHOLSTON
    KELLEN CLEMENS
    ERIC SMITH

FOR:
    BRANDON MARSHALL
    ELVIS DUMERVIL[/QUOTE]

Damn, you get some great weed! :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3535301]+1[/QUOTE]

+2 absolutely DO NOT trade Cotchery. He will win Superbowl MVP for us :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3535399]no that is still a joke. in no way is cotch a LEGIT number 1 threat. he is a threat to catch and hang on to a 10 yard pass yes but thats about it.[/QUOTE]

10 yard passes are very important.

Cotchery is in no way the same kind of deep threat Marshall is.

Cotchery is in no way the kind of physical specimin Marshall is.

Im just saying, there is an undeniable chemistry between Cotch and Sanchez. These 2 are on the same page, and I dont want to screw with a 2nd year QB's chemistry, or go to guy.

As far as him being in NO WAY a Legit #1 WR, well, yes and no. I dont think it was fair to lable Cotch the #1 last season before Braylon was obtained, but look at the stats he put up as a #1 before Braylon arrived.

Houston 6 catch 90 yards
    New England 4 catch 87 yards
    Tenn 8 catch 108 yards
    New Orleans 5 catch 71 yards

Look at the quality of those teams, and factor in he was playing with a ROOKIE QB, and Cotchery deserves a lot of credit.

Again, hes not Marshall, but I dont think messing with the chemistry of the team at this point, to HOPE Marshall will get his mind right is a good bet.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3535436]10 yard passes are very important.

Cotchery is in no way the same kind of deep threat Marshall is.

Cotchery is in no way the kind of physical specimin Marshall is.

Im just saying, there is an undeniable chemistry between Cotch and Sanchez. These 2 are on the same page, and I dont want to screw with a 2nd year QB's chemistry, or go to guy.

As far as him being in NO WAY a Legit #1 WR, well, yes and no. I dont think it was fair to lable Cotch the #1 last season before Braylon was obtained, but look at the stats he put up as a #1 before Braylon arrived.

[b]Houston 6 catch 90 yards
    New England 4 catch 87 yards
    Tenn 8 catch 108 yards
    New Orleans 5 catch 71 yards[/b]

Look at the quality of those teams, and factor in he was playing with a ROOKIE QB, and Cotchery deserves a lot of credit.

Again, hes not Marshall, but I dont think messing with the chemistry of the team at this point, to HOPE Marshall will get his mind right is a good bet.[/QUOTE]

I had not noticed that. Good observation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

can any one propose how we'd be able to pay Brandon Marshall if we somehow pulled off the trade for him?
    Last edited by shuler82; 03-23-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Practice Squad
    Marshall is due $2.2 Million this year, the last year of his contract. Give up the first, take back a fourth from the Broncos. Keep Edwards, Marshall and Cotch for next year. Trade Edwards or Marshall at the end of next year depending on who is less valuable to the Jets and pay the other.

[QUOTE=NYRAGE;3535272]I love Marshall [B]the player, but not a big fan of the person[/B]. I doubt that he will change under Rex. He's still going to be a [U][B]punk on the verge of a major suspension[/B][/U]. He may not pull some of his antics on the field, but unless Rex is going to be his 24/7 babysitter, he's going to always be a [U]huge risk [/U]off the field.[/QUOTE]

Thank u, that is [U][B]exactly [/B][/U]how I feel
    Last edited by FijiJet; 03-23-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Banned
    I wouldn't do the deal unless all we had to give up was a 2nd. Wouldn't give up Cotch or Braylon. If we did so we'd be forced to give Marshall $80 mil.

Marshall is a helluva player but I like what we have now alot with Braylon-Cotch-Keller.

BTW, how pathetic is Josh McDaniels?