Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos may drop asking price for Marshall

Report: Broncos may drop asking price for Marshall

Link:
    [url]http://www.nypost.com/f/print/blogs/jetsblog/report_broncos_could_drop_asking_5hIbY3PC9ZJmTMf9pD0LsI[/url]

Article:
    ESPNís John Clayton speculates that the Broncos could drop their asking price for disgruntled WR Brandon Marshall as the April 22 NFL Draft draws closer.

If they do, the Jets could potentially get involved. The National Football Post recently reported they had internal discussions about Marshall but were unwilling to give up a first-round pick. That is what the Broncos are currently asking for (Marshall's restricted free agent contract tender value), but that could be dropped to a No. 2, a No. 4 and maybe another lower pick in 2011, according to Clayton.

The Jets could have two second-round draft picks if another team signs RB Leon Washington, who was tagged with a second-round tender.

Veteran
    I would do a 2nd round and a 4th rounder in a heartbeat.

I would then pray that someone signed Washington so the Jets would get another 2nd round pick.

It would be like getting Marshall for Washington and a 4th rounder.

[QUOTE=JetsFanInDenver;3535143]Link:
    [url]http://www.nypost.com/f/print/blogs/jetsblog/report_broncos_could_drop_asking_5hIbY3PC9ZJmTMf9pD0LsI[/url]

Article:
    ESPNís John Clayton speculates that the Broncos could drop their asking price for disgruntled WR Brandon Marshall as the April 22 NFL Draft draws closer.

If they do, the Jets could potentially get involved. The National Football Post recently reported they had internal discussions about Marshall but were unwilling to give up a first-round pick. That is what the Broncos are currently asking for (Marshall's restricted free agent contract tender value), but that could be dropped to a No. 2, a No. 4 and maybe another lower pick in 2011, according to Clayton.

The Jets could have two second-round draft picks if another team signs RB Leon Washington, who was tagged with a second-round tender.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... who would you rather have? Leon or Brandon?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3535147]Hmmm... who would you rather have? Leon or Brandon?[/QUOTE]

Brandon

lol Jets are going to continue to be linked any kind of trade for Marshall. The draft can't come soon enough.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3535147]Hmmm... who would you rather have? Leon or Brandon?[/QUOTE]

Marshall, without a doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3535153]Marshall, without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

if this is indeed true it may only be a matter of time before he's a jet..whose the last guy the jets wanted but didn't get? That lineman from the steelers? ended up working out well with Moore.

[QUOTE=Mario;3535145]I would do a 2nd round and a 4th rounder in a heartbeat.

I would then pray that someone signed Washington so the Jets would get another 2nd round pick.

It would be like getting Marshall for Washington and a 4th rounder.[/QUOTE]

That would be an awesome trade!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3535165]if this is indeed true it may only be a matter of time before he's a jet..whose the last guy the jets wanted but didn't get? That lineman from the steelers? ended up working out well with Moore.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. The only thing I could see being a problem is AFC to AFC vs. him going to Seattle. I understand people not liking his character but I have a funny feeling he wouldn't pull the same sh*t with Rex.

If we got a 2nd for Leon (which I still don't think will happen) and moved our 2nd and 4th for Marshall, that would be incredible.

1) Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
    2) Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech

Our team would be ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Leon can't pass a physical right now and isn't getting signed to an offer sheet so he's not part of the equation at all.

Who would become the slot receiver b/w Marshall, Bray and J-Co?

[B][U]EDIT[/U][/B]: Also, the Broncos lost Peyton Hillis in the Brady Quinn trade so they're down an RB...
    Last edited by dassin; 03-23-2010 at 04:53 PM.

I definitely wasn't a fan of a move for Marshall, but that was before the Broncos started to show weakness. If they're already budging on their position, that means they're not prepared to dig in and hold firm. Tannenbaum has been pretty good about protecting the Jets in trades thus far - if the Jets do make a play I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Broncos' current asking price.

Would love a deal that included Leon and one less draft pick. With the three-headed monster the Jets would have at WR, no one would be too concerned about our #2/#3 RB. Attitude problem or not, if you can get a guy like Marshall for less than the value of a #1 pick, the risk is worth the potential reward.

Practice Squad
    i agree... i dont think we will get a second for leon but a third or at worst a fourth is possible. and you are dead on the money with that draft of kindle and burnett. especially burnett... that kid is a baller.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3535187]Cotch would go to the slot

He's more of a possession WR and can make that transition, while IMO Braylon & Marshall are pure, 100% flankers[/QUOTE]

agreed. cotch as a 3rd WR=stacked team.

Is this a trick question? Would I rather have a change-of-pace back or one of the league's top 5 WR's? Hmmmmmmmmm..... let me think about that for a nanosecond. Don't get me wrong... I love Lee and hope for him to remain a Jet, but Marshall would be a tremendous addition and has far more value than Leon.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... wouldn't even give a 7th for him ...

... gholston straight up - yes ...

l_j_r

Practice Squad
    if Denver does drop the asking price for Marshall, there will be much more interest. Since our pick is a low second, i'd think we would easily be beat out by other teams.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Leon who?

Jets Insider VIP
    I freakin' hate speculation.