View Poll Results: Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

86 67.72%
  • NO

41 32.28%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who likes the idea of playing Thanksgiving Night?

Jets Insider VIP

Who likes the idea of playing Thanksgiving Night?

Do you want a Thanksgiving night home game?

yes

no

I vote yes so I can actually go to the game since I will be home for Thanksgiving.

Hell no.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3535196]As a season ticket holder its very inconvenient and I would rather sit home on Thanksgiving

But IMO its a sizable advantage to play at home on Thanksgiving, not only for that game, but the following week as well with ten days to prepare

That said, whenever it comes down to what's best for me or what's best for the team I will always choose [B][U]TEAM[/U][/B]

Cause I'm a TEAM GUY :yes:[/QUOTE]

What happened to Denver after they crushed the Midgets last year?

I am all for it. Could set up nice for a long weekend in NY for me and my wife.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3535194]Hell no.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[img]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/Laughing_Chimp.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    I'm for it because I have no reasons to be against it

Yes.

I don't like having to watch Thanksgiving Day NFL games around the 75-80% of my family who could care less about football, ESPECIALLY if the Jets are on. Watching that 2007 Dallas game was an f'ing nightmare.

Plus, Thanksgiving is over-rated to me... don't care for it. Christmas, I like. Thanksgiving? Eh, who cares.

Bring on the home game.

The best thing about Thanksgiving is the football anyways...so, yes. Plus, I don't live in the NYC area, so I don't have to worry about leaving home.

All Pro
    No. I wouldn't even want the late game at 4. The 12:30pm game time is great to watch with the family, and is over right before we sit down to eat our feast.

I wouldn't be happy if I was a season ticket holder, Cause there is no way i'd be able to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did not account for the out of towners... as a season ticket holder it sucks, I am already working on the wife....

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3535222]No. I wouldn't even want the late game at 4. The 12:30pm game time is great to watch with the family, and is over right before we sit down to eat our feast.

I wouldn't be happy if I was a season ticket holder, Cause there is no way i'd be able to go.[/QUOTE]

Sure there is.. you can say no to one family party.. its a once in a lifetime thing, most likely.

Since I watch football every Thanksgiving anyway I'd be happy to watch the Jets...naturally.
    Better than watching Detroit or Dallas for the sake of watching football.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3535213]I don't like having to watch Thanksgiving Day NFL games around the 75-80% of my family who could care less about football, ESPECIALLY if the Jets are on. Watching that 2007 Dallas game was an f'ing nightmare.[/QUOTE]

+1 million. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    what time would the game be?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets_Fragger;3535235]what time would the game be?[/QUOTE]

I think we're presuming that we're the night game based on little tidbits of info here and there.

[QUOTE=Jets_Fragger;3535235]what time would the game be?[/QUOTE]

8:20pm kickoff.

Detroit game at 12:30, Dallas game at 4, 4:30. The last two years the Thanksgiving Night Game has kicked off at 8:20, and there is no chance they would move Detroit or Dallas into the night... they aren't going to break that tradition.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm guessing that most of the people who voted YES live out of town. If you don't live in the NY area, having the Jets on a prime time game is huge.

If this poll was limited to folks in the Tri-State area, the responses would be different (another guess).

[QUOTE=crasherino;3535241]I'm guessing that most of the people who voted YES live out of town. If you don't live in the NY area, having the Jets on a prime time game is huge.

If this poll was limited to folks in the Tri-State area, the responses would be different (another guess).[/QUOTE]

Why can't season ticket holders, such as myself, want a primetime game? Getting out of the Meadowlands is not [I]that[/I] bad, especially when the majority of people will have off on Black Friday. You could tailgate after the game a little bit and not fight the immediate traffic, which is something I do almost every Sunday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3535247]Why can't season ticket holders, such as myself, want a primetime game? Getting out of the Meadowlands is not [I]that[/I] bad, especially when the majority of people will have off on Black Friday. You could tailgate after the game a little bit and not fight the immediate traffic, which is something I do almost every Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Who ever said anything about you not being allowed to want a primetime game? Where are you getting that from? I'm sure some fans wouldn't mind it - such as yourself, apparently. I said most season ticket holders (especially those with big families), would probably rather not have it. You don't agree with that?

Also...shot in the dark - you aren't married, are you?
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-23-2010 at 05:45 PM.