Thread: OT Wayne Hunter signs $1.2 Tender (Jets Tender)

OT Wayne Hunter signs $1.2 Tender (Jets Tender)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [B][SIZE="5"]Hunter's deal worth about $1.2M[/SIZE][/B]

NEW YORK -- Jets backup offensive lineman Wayne Hunter has signed his one-year tender, keeping the restricted free agent in New York after helping pave the way for the NFL's top-ranked rushing game last season.

Hunter, entering his fourth season with the Jets, signed the deal worth about $1.2 million Tuesday. He has filled in at tackle and as a blocking tight end on goal-line and short-yardage situations.

Hunter was a third-round pick of Seattle out of Hawaii in 2003 and also has played with Jacksonville in his seven-year career.

His signing leaves running back Leon Washington, backup quarterback Kellen Clemens and cornerback Drew Coleman as the Jets' remaining unsigned restricted free agents.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022582"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022582[/URL]

Good Depth on the OL with Hunter, Turner and Slauson...

Did Slauson get any playtime last season? Did he facepaint? Is that allowed in the NFL?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=david1023;3535453]Did Slauson get any playtime last season? Did he facepaint? Is that allowed in the NFL?[/QUOTE]

Played one series in one game if I remember correctly, don't remember which game though

It was the game against Tampa Bay, he was in at center when Mangold went down briefly

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3400823&highlight=Slauson#post3400823[/url]
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03-23-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Good to have Hunter in the fold. Rushing game will keep rumbling on opposition in 2010

All Pro
    Mike T and the FO keeps on trucking through the signings.

[QUOTE=david1023;3535453]Did Slauson get any playtime last season? Did he facepaint? Is that allowed in the NFL?[/QUOTE]

NFL stands for No Facepaint League..

He played a series after Mangold got kicked in the newgynongs.

Regarding Hunter, that's a nice salary when you compare it to say, LW. Yeah, he's a decent back-up but he gets his fair share of penalties; holding, illegal motion, and I believe I recall a couple of illegal formations involving him too.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=RexRutha;3535780]He played a series after Mangold got kicked in the newgynongs.

Regarding Hunter, that's a nice salary when you compare it to say, LW. Yeah, he's a decent back-up but he gets his fair share of penalties; holding, illegal motion, and I believe I recall a couple of illegal formations involving him too.[/QUOTE]

One swift kick to the newgynongs will stop all the mental mistakes.:D