Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Video: Jets are AFC East team to beat

All Pro

ESPN Video: Jets are AFC East team to beat

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11913/video-afc-east-team-to-beat[/url]

[I]ESPN's Chris McKendry and Mike Golic discuss what AFC East team has fortified itself the best so far this offseason. Golic likes the Jets because of their running game, great defense and the acquisition of cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

"Basically, it's 'Mark Sanchez, don't screw it up,' " Golic said.[/I]

Fluff piece and only one man's opinion but still...
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-24-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Rookie
    The truth for Pats fans is hard to accept.:D

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    just watched that it was great to hear and i i put money on the jets in vegas this weekend so i hope it comes true and i know it will..J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

[QUOTE=jetsonly;3535752]The truth for Pats fans is hard to accept.:D[/QUOTE]

Where are all those Pats trolls on this one? Sudden onset of Carpal Tunnel?

After what has taken place over the last year, this is fact not opinon.:yes:

[QUOTE=Rambler;3535784]Where are all those Pats trolls on this one? Sudden onset of Carpal Tunnel?[/QUOTE]

Spot on! All those friggin' Cheatriot Chicken Trolls go into hiding between 1-6 AM every freakin' day. The wussy bastids!

LMAO....one ESPN analyst picks the Jets and you all get a woody. The Jets MAY be the team to beat, but until they actually WIN something, it's the Pats mantle to lose.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3535801]Spot on! All those friggin' Cheatriot Chicken Trolls go into hiding between 1-6 AM every freakin' day. The wussy bastids!

LMAO....one ESPN analyst picks the Jets and you all get a woody. The Jets MAY be the team to beat, but until they actually WIN something, it's the Pats mantle to lose.[/QUOTE]

Cry, your fear is noted

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3535801]Spot on! All those friggin' Cheatriot Chicken Trolls go into hiding between 1-6 AM every freakin' day. The wussy bastids!

LMAO....one ESPN analyst picks the Jets and you all get a woody. The Jets MAY be the team to beat, [B]but until they actually WIN something[/B], it's the Pats mantle to lose.[/QUOTE]

:zzz:

Jets: 2 playoff wins, 1 season.
    Pats: 0 playoff wins, 2 seasons.

And Jets fans are the ones living on past triumphs.....talk to us once your team becomes relevant (like making the afc championship game sometime this decade...)

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3535820]:zzz:

Jets: 2 playoff wins, 1 season.
    Pats: 0 playoff wins, 2 seasons.

And Jets fans are the ones living on past triumphs.....talk to us once your team becomes relevant (like making the afc championship game sometime this decade...)[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz: back at ya.

The title of the thread is about who is the team to beat in the AFCE. The Pats are reigning AFCE Champs. The Jets are not. Post season wins in the last two years is irrelevant to the discussion (and funny that you use 2, instead of 3 years as your benchmark)

Look, the Jets have gone from a laughingstock franchise, to an upper echelon team in a short time. Enjoy it. I'm really not here to piss in your Cheerios, but get a grip. These constant back and forths of "your team sux. No, YOUR team sux", are rather pointless until the games start. Don't you think?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3535831]:zzz::zzz::zzz: back at ya.

The title of the thread is about who is the team to beat in the AFCE. The Pats are reigning AFCE Champs. The Jets are not. Post season wins in the last two years is irrelevant to the discussion (and funny that you use 2, instead of 3 years as your benchmark)

Look, the Jets have gone from a laughingstock franchise, to an upper echelon team in a short time. Enjoy it. I'm really not here to piss in your Cheerios, but get a grip. These constant back and forths of "your team sux. No, YOUR team sux", are rather pointless until the games start. Don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Why is EVERY thread this troll post turn into a pissing contest

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3535831]:zzz::zzz::zzz: back at ya.[B](and funny that you use 2, instead of 3 years as your benchmark)[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey look man, I'm just trying to stay relevant here. If you'd like, we can talk just about last season....
    Jets: 1 win over you, two playoff wins, 28 minutes from the superbowl.
    Pats: 1 loss to the Jets, 0 playoff wins, knocked out of the playoffs in the first 15 minutes of their game.

[QUOTE]Look, the Jets have gone from a laughingstock franchise, to an upper echelon team in a short time. Enjoy it. I'm really not here to piss in your Cheerios, but get a grip. These constant back and forths of "your team sux. No, YOUR team sux", are rather pointless until the games start. Don't you think?[/QUOTE]

lol clearly you haven't seen many of my posts...I'm not an internet pisser.

I don't really care much about these pissing matches either. In fact I don't care much for what anyone thinks of my team, let alone someone on the internet. I just find it amusing when other people take it seriously, so I'm just giving you pats fans a taste of what yall have been doing to jets fans on here for the past decade...

The whole thing was meant to be truth in jest..
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 03-24-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Loved the video my man! Thanks for posting, got me all amped. Just think...THE JETS DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER!
    With Kris Jenkins back and Chromartie opposite Revis that D is going to dominate. Good God I can't wait.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3535843]Why is EVERY thread this troll post turn into a pissing contest[/QUOTE]

Why is EVERY Pats post responded by you with this drivel.

Did you even READ my post? How is that a pissing contest?

All League
    Thanks for the Video, with the way Mark ended the season I would not be concerned with Mark "screwing things up"..I have not been soo pumped to go into a season since "99"..

Banned
    [QUOTE=Rambler;3535784]Where are all those Pats trolls on this one? Sudden onset of Carpal Tunnel?[/QUOTE]

3 previous posts on a new thread and someone is unhappy that a Pat fan hasn't jumped in?????????

It's nice to see that the Pats finally have some competition for the AFC East title.

Now win something.

It's a long season and the schedule,injuries, bad bounces, and coaching decisions will all play a part in how good/bad every NFL team is. Sanchez is the big question mark for the Jets. How much he improves his decision making determines how far they go this year. Brady is a know, Sanchez is still an unknown.

Every team is currently 0-0.

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3535753]just watched that it was great to hear and i i put money on the jets in vegas this weekend so i hope it comes true and i know it will..J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS[/QUOTE]

DAMN! Now why did you have to go and put money on the Jets? And then, tell us about it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3535831]:zzz::zzz::zzz: back at ya.

Look, the Jets have gone from a laughingstock franchise, to an upper echelon team in a short time. Enjoy it. I'm really not here to piss in your Cheerios, but get a grip. These constant back and forths of "your team sux. No, YOUR team sux", are rather pointless until the games start. Don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Until it's done on the field in reality everything is just opinion.. The Pats have to be dethroned in a game not on a message board..:yes:

[QUOTE=jets80;3535859]Thanks for the Video, with the way Mark ended the season I would not be concerned with Mark "screwing things up"..I have not been soo pumped to go into a season since "99"..[/QUOTE]

Thats what scares me - the parallels between here and 99 are too much...

I'm having a hard time getting pumped up because everytime I think about it i remember Vinny tripping over his own feet against the pats in week one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan_toronto_canada;3535879]Thats what scares me - the parallels between here and 99 are too much...

I'm having a hard time getting pumped up because everytime I think about it i remember Vinny [B]tripping over his own feet [/B]against the pats in week one.[/QUOTE]

He didn't trip he was trying to recover a fumble from he who never fumbles..:eek:
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    maybe for the Pattycakes it's about winning the division.

the Jets are well past that low threshhold of successJust last year, for instance while the Pattycakes took their precious "division title" and crashed it into flames at home against the number 6 seed in the tournament getting badly humiliated and watching Tommi turn into a pick machine without his welkie...

the Jets beat the number 3 seed and then beat the number 2 seed (two other teams with meaningless "division champion" status and were 30 minutes away from beating the number one seed and going to the superbowl when their running game got injured.

So, Pattycake trolls, bask in the glow of your equivalent of the Presidents Cup in hockey. The Jets have higher goals and will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy AT LEAST THREE times before the 2020 season is over. As for the Pattycakes

many more top 5 draft picks to look forward to

STILL HAVING NEVER WON A LEGITIMATE CHAMPIONSHIP