View Poll Results: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 47.19%
  • NO

47 52.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess some from far away have a legitimate complaint

but, the only way to get nothing but sunday at one and sunday at 4 games is to stink like we did through much of the glorious Coslet/Carroll/Kotite years

that won't happen with KING REX in charge

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3536373]I guess some from far away have a legitimate complaint

but, the only way to get nothing but sunday at one and sunday at 4 games is to stink like we did through much of the glorious Coslet/Carroll/Kotite years

that won't happen with KING REX in charge[/QUOTE]
    then don't have season tickets if you live too far way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still yes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see people voting that have not been included in the STH spreadsheet.

[url]http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amg-KdnzjZW7dGQ1LXdqM2wyenNFT3NRZHN4RXVGcUE&hl=en[/url]

Please report to the PSL Ticket Owners thread to state your section/row/# of seats. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3536277]Trust me its killing me knowing the line of crap I will go through to make it there, which I will, but at what cost? I know the tailgate I do is shot, that will be the first game with no flags up since I started them in 1997. Spa weekend for the wife is what I am going in with to start the negotiation....[/QUOTE]

I don't have to bribe my wife. If I really want to go she will not stand in my way. The question is do I really want to make the haul to jersey in what is sure to be nightmarish traffic after a full day of eating and drinking for a football game? It does not sound very appealing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3536410]I don't have to bribe my wife. If I really want to go she will not stand in my way. The question is do I really want to make the haul to jersey in what is sure to be nightmarish traffic after a full day of eating and drinking for a football game? It does not sound very appealing.[/QUOTE]

Not worried about the traffic Thanksgiving Day...I'm glad the Jets finally get the following Sunday off. That traffic is ridiculous. And it seemed like we got a 4:15 game 5 years straight, which just compounded the problem.

I think the main problem for many fans (besides family) is having to work Friday. If you work in an office it's not an issue, but if you're in retail, emergency services, medical, media, etc. it can be a real hassle getting home after 1am having to wake up early the next day.

The traffic to and from the game shouldn't be that bad since most people are already where they need to be on Thanksgiving. Only fly in the ointment would be from people lining up super early for Black Friday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JVilma;3536460]Not worried about the traffic Thanksgiving Day...I'm glad the Jets finally get the following Sunday off. That traffic is ridiculous. And it seemed like we got a 4:15 game 5 years straight, which just compounded the problem.

I think the main problem for many fans (besides family) is having to work Friday. If you work in an office it's not an issue, but if you're in retail, emergency services, medical, media, etc. it can be a real hassle getting home after 1am having to wake up early the next day.

The traffic to and from the game shouldn't be that bad since most people are already where they need to be on Thanksgiving. Only fly in the ointment would be from people lining up super early for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

The game is at 8:20. The time to leave for the game is the same time everyone will be heading home after dinner. Roads will be a disaster. After the game should be a breeze. Yeah I hear you about that end of holiday weekend traffic. What a friggin nightmare.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JVilma;3536460]Not worried about the traffic Thanksgiving Day...I'm glad the Jets finally get the following Sunday off. That traffic is ridiculous. And it seemed like we got a 4:15 game 5 years straight, which just compounded the problem.

The traffic to and from the game shouldn't be that bad since most people are already where they need to be on Thanksgiving. Only fly in the ointment would be from people lining up super early for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday, interesting did not think of that, prob will be the idiot shoppers going out for midnight madness...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536148]Once again: YES.

Going to be a once in a lifetime experience, a great time with fellow diehard Jets fans who have the balls to break away from their wives and or families. ;)[/QUOTE]

You are clueless. For some families, being together on the holiday is kinda important, beyond it being a tradition. It's not even worth discussing because it''s obviously something you don't have or don't care to have. Thanksgiving game is a major inconvenience for many, if not most, season ticket holders. Goodell is a complete asswipe for doing this to us and the Jets are just greedy to be in the national limelight at the expense of their season ticket holders.

Night games in general royally suck for STH and their families.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536257]Guarantee you the Jets are not going to care if 1/2 the fans don't want this game because in the end, some of those 1/2 WILL show up to the game, and guess what? Its 1 game in a 30 year stint of the stadium, if thats what makes you shy away from PSLs then you have no business buying them in the first place.

Whats holding up the release of the schedule is thanks to the Jets and Giants situation, the NFL has to make things better for all teams involved. Its ridiculous, and its amateur hour in the NFL schedule making office, but it has nothing to do with a couple of fans on a Jets message board PO'd because their wives won't let them go to the game.

Fact is you can't make it over to the stadium at 3:20 to tailgate then you can all have your precious little dinner with your family and still make it to the game on time unless your dinner is one of those that start at 6:30.

If you could make it and you just don't want too, then thats your own fault and problem.

[B][U]Not trying to dick[/U][/B], but some people make it out like getting out of Thanksgiving festivies for one year is like escaping from Alcatrez.[/QUOTE]

could have fooled us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VINNYT;3536344]why are people complaining about an opening night MNF game, a thanksgiving game AND the shot of HBO's Hard Knocks? Our team has NEVER had this type of exposure. Be happy. Be proud! wear your green! stop complaining about it! Enjoy it![/QUOTE]

ding ding ding ding. you couldnt have said it better my friend. personally i effing hate thanksgiving. its just forced small talk with people that annoy the fuuck out of me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3536489]Night games in general royally suck for STH and their families.[/QUOTE]There is no homogeneous group called Jets STHs. Night games may suck for you, your family, and quite a few others. For another not-insignificant percentage (half?), they're a very much welcomed change of pace from the usual Sunday afternoon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3536409]I see people voting that have not been included in the STH spreadsheet.

[url]http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amg-KdnzjZW7dGQ1LXdqM2wyenNFT3NRZHN4RXVGcUE&hl=en[/url]

Please report to the PSL Ticket Owners thread to state your section/row/# of seats. :yes:[/QUOTE]

WARNING

DO NOT INCUR THE WRATH OF OZU AND SG3

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3536496][B]There is no homogeneous group called Jets STHs. [/B] Night games may suck for you, your family, and quite a few others. For another not-insignificant percentage (half?), they're a very much welcomed change of pace from the usual Sunday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

This statement should be stickied in every thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the Thanksgiving game or the MNF fame for different reasons. No chance I'll be leaving the family on Thanksgiving. Just wouldn't do it.

MNF is a different nightmare. Trying to get from LI to the game basically during rush hour is a sick joke. Add to that the incredible increase in drunken jerkoffs and having to get up for work and it is generally a crappy night.

And because of that behavior, those who just want to relax and watch the game and have 1 or 2 beers can't because there are no beer sales that night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3536588]I don't like the Thanksgiving game or the MNF fame for different reasons. No chance I'll be leaving the family on Thanksgiving. Just wouldn't do it.

MNF is a different nightmare. Trying to get from LI to the game basically during rush hour is a sick joke. Add to that the incredible increase in drunken jerkoffs and having to get up for work and it is generally a crappy night.

And because of that behavior, those who just want to relax and watch the game and have 1 or 2 beers can't because [B][SIZE="5"]there are no beer sales that night[/SIZE][/B].[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this info?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been trying to convince family to have a tailgate in the parking lot this year as a one time deal and it may actually work. Those that are not football fans will go home after the tailgate. We will see if this actually works. I'd rather have a 12:30 pm game and be able to get together with family around 4 instead of have the night game. On the other hand if you want a good team this is the stuff you have to deal with sometimes.

My feeling is this. If the Jets are 8-3 and red hot more fans will try to find a way to go to the game and come up with some way to make it happen. If we are 3-8 that place will be a ghost town.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just lost our season tickets after last season, but if we still had them I wouldn't want the home game, which is how I voted. Now that I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I'm happy about this game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    who did you lose them to, DevsYanks88?? Poker game??

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol