Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 47.19%
  • NO

47 52.81%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=scott dierking II;3537048]I answered no, and I also don't like having the opening Monday Night Football game either, and basically for the exact same reason: tailgating. To me, tailgating is part of the overall experience, and that is now been taken away from me for 25% of my team's home games this year.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head... If I can't do my full blown tailgate it is not the same. Of course I love the game, but tailgating is the best, 8 kick ass parties a year...

Personally, I am usually one of the first in the lot for every game, 1/2 hr. set up, then cornhole, beer pong, food and friends for the tailgate, then game and usually we do not get too sloppy...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3537125]What if the dad with three kids is hosting Thanksgiving? Can he just leave with a house full of people? My kids actually miss me when I am gone and vice versa. Your family actually expects relatives to schedule a wedding around a football game? You live in a dream world.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.....when you have younger kids (mine are 8 and 5) your kids want you to be around for the holidays...besides you only get so many holidays when they are young and time goes by fast. When you are hosting out of town guests its tough to leave for half the day for a football game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;3536594]Where are you getting this info?[/QUOTE]

Experience.
    There are no beer sales at night games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3536936]We just lost our season tickets after last season, but if we still had them I wouldn't want the home game, which is how I voted. Now that I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I'm happy about this game.[/QUOTE]

I heard the game will be on NFL network, which I don't have.

So this sucks almost as much as it possibly could (at least for me)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3537310]I heard the game will be on NFL network, which I don't have.

So this sucks almost as much as it possibly could (at least for me)[/QUOTE]

One of the local stations will broadcast the NFL Network feed.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3537314]One of the local stations will broadcast the NFL Network feed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
    Now it doesn't suck quite so much.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3537306]Experience.
    There are no beer sales at night games.[/QUOTE]

They changed that rule years ago.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone's family experience is different... my entire family (including my wife, parents, etc.) would be more concerned if I was at Thanksgiving dinner and not the Jets game :jets_sign

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3537226]So you're going to the game then.....good for you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not. I have not discussed it with those involved, yet. But what wether I go or not is my own personal choice, like everyone else. There are 80,000 people involved at each game, hopefully, and I'm not going to say lets not have a game on Thanksgiving, or Christmas Eve, for that matter because of it. If it doesn't work out I guess the League will have to adjust in the future, but for now let the chips fall where they may, instead of pulling that Titan game crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's not a "don't care" option?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3536936]We just lost our season tickets after last season, but if we still had them I wouldn't want the home game, which is how I voted. Now that I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I'm happy about this game.[/QUOTE]

been away for awhile... any update on how or where DevsYanks88 "lost" his season tickets after last season?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3537156]:rolleyes: Please. They are supposed to make sure everything works out with the family members. What if someone was graduating from a college or high school or something that day? Is it okay to schedule it then? What if someone couldn't get there because work said they'd lose their job if they weren't at work that day? Say someone had to travel for business and could not get off, and knew it in advance, wouldn't you as the bride/groom schedule around that? They could've scheduled around the home schedule very easily knowing that two family members had a home game to attend that day.

The wedding is all about the bride and groom on that day, no other day. It isn't a 6 month long ass kissing parade. They should make the reseverations work for all family members.[/QUOTE]

This is a contender for the all time dumbest argument on a board.

And that says a lot. :rolleyes: