View Poll Results: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 47.19%
  • NO

47 52.81%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

New Poll: Season Ticket Holders only... Do you want a Thanksgiving Home Game?

Yes

No

This screws up my favorite holiday .

Jets Insider VIP
    I love the idea of a Thanksgiving night game. I live on Long Island but go to my sister-in-law's in Westchester every Thanksgiving. I plan to have a nice turkey dinner at probably around 3 or 4 pm and then head to the game.

I usually drive but with the traffic, I plan to jump on the train in Westchester and head down to the game and then take the train home back to Long Island. No driving will allow me to have a nice day of drinking w/out any worries.

I understand why some don't like it because of travel or those that have to work on Friday. But the fact is that the Jets are going to get the Thanksgiving Day home game at some point so I am embracing it.

All League
    Yes I do. Great end to a fun day of eating and drinking.

I'll be taking the train so travel time/traffic isn't a consideration.

Once again: YES.

Going to be a once in a lifetime experience, a great time with fellow diehard Jets fans who have the balls to break away from their wives and or families. ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536148]Once again: YES.

Going to be a once in a lifetime experience, a great time with fellow diehard Jets fans who have the balls to break away from their wives and or families. ;)[/QUOTE]

What you call balls, most people call being disrespectful. What is once in a lifetime about it? Its just another game at a very inconvenient time.

I don't ever know where were having Thanksgiving this early in the year. I'm hoping this game influences the decision and we eat at home then go to the game.

[QUOTE=petejet;3536159]What you call balls, most people call being disrespectful. What is once in a lifetime about it? Its just another game at a very inconvenient time.[/QUOTE]

Most? Really? How would you know? Just because missing one little family holiday party is disrespectful for you (which I still can't think of how in the world that is disrespectful) doesn't mean its dispresectful for the majority. So far, we have more YES' than NO's.

It isn't just another game, its a Thanksgiving home game, something the Jets have never been apart of and probably never will be again after this. Maybe in another 30-40 years, if we're lucky.

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536171]Most? Really? How would you know? Just because missing one little family holiday party is disrespectful for you (which I still can't think of how in the world that is disrespectful) doesn't mean its dispresectful for the majority. So far, we have more YES' than NO's.

It isn't just another game, its a Thanksgiving home game, something the Jets have never been apart of and probably never will be again after this. Maybe in another 30-40 years, if we're lucky.[/QUOTE]

17 people have voted so let's not go nuts with the "yes' over the no's".
    For some people this is a huge inconvenience because it's one of the few times a year they get to see extended family. So please settle down with the "balls to bail on their wives and families" comments when you're only 21.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sure why not.....does not mean you have to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Oh, and it's Seat Owners......

Hall Of Fame
    wow..really?

All League
    Thanksgiving is every year until you die.

Jets Home Game on Thanksgiving will happen once, maybe twice before you die.

Hmmm...
    Considering you can pull off both in the same day, it is pretty clear to me.

[QUOTE=keller16;3536193]17 people have voted so let's not go nuts with the "yes' over the no's".
    For some people this is a huge inconvenience because it's one of the few times a year they get to see extended family. So please settle down with the "balls to bail on their wives and families" comments when you're only 21.[/QUOTE]

Well put, If I was 21 without kids and such, Deep Fried Turkey in the lot. BALLS is making EVERY home game and tailgating 5+ hours in advance since the 90's, setting up a real tailgate, not just hanging by my trunk. My point as someone who has 8 PSL's and 6 Upper deck seats, is that we will not come close to filling our tix for this one and after dropping $50k this year (including PSK costs) to have this game sucks with possibly over $1000 of tix unused in our group. A additional kicker is that this is supposed to be a great thing for us fans, which is BS. I see that the delay in this official announcement supports that the Jets do not want to do anything that may turn away 2010 PSL buyers away, since the ones who can afford the PSL's may look at getting 7 games for the price of 10 for 2010 and may just wait until next year. A swing of 100 potential PSL buyers turned off because of the Tday game would cost a min. of $400,000 in PSL revenue. Think I am on to something on the delay of the announcement????????????

Guarantee you the Jets are not going to care if 1/2 the fans don't want this game because in the end, some of those 1/2 WILL show up to the game, and guess what? Its 1 game in a 30 year stint of the stadium, if thats what makes you shy away from PSLs then you have no business buying them in the first place.

Whats holding up the release of the schedule is thanks to the Jets and Giants situation, the NFL has to make things better for all teams involved. Its ridiculous, and its amateur hour in the NFL schedule making office, but it has nothing to do with a couple of fans on a Jets message board PO'd because their wives won't let them go to the game.

Fact is you can't make it over to the stadium at 3:20 to tailgate then you can all have your precious little dinner with your family and still make it to the game on time unless your dinner is one of those that start at 6:30.

If you could make it and you just don't want too, then thats your own fault and problem.

Not trying to dick, but some people make it out like getting out of Thanksgiving festivies for one year is like escaping from Alcatrez.
    Last edited by 124; 03-24-2010 at 01:26 PM.

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536257]Guarantee you the Jets are not going to care if 1/2 the fans don't want this game because in the end, some of those 1/2 WILL show up to the game, and guess what? Its 1 game in a 30 year stint of the stadium, if thats what makes you shy away from PSLs then you have no business buying them in the first place.

Whats holding up the release of the schedule is thanks to the Jets and Giants situation, the NFL has to make things better for all teams involved. Its ridiculous, and its amateur hour in the NFL schedule making office, but it has nothing to do with a couple of fans on a Jets message board PO'd because their wives won't let them go to the game.

Fact is you can't make it over to the stadium at 3:20 to tailgate then you can all have your precious little dinner with your family and still make it to the game on time unless your dinner is one of those that start at 6:30.

If you could make it and you just don't want too, then thats your own fault and problem.

Not trying to dick, but some people make it out like getting out of Thanksgiving festivies for one year is like escaping from Alcatrez.[/QUOTE]

Trust me its killing me knowing the line of crap I will go through to make it there, which I will, but at what cost? I know the tailgate I do is shot, that will be the first game with no flags up since I started them in 1997. Spa weekend for the wife is what I am going in with to start the negotiation....

Jets Insider VIP
    yes

gonna be a great night

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3536277]Trust me its killing me knowing the line of crap I will go through to make it there, which I will, but at what cost? I know the tailgate I do is shot, that will be the first game with no flags up since I started them in 1997. Spa weekend for the wife is what I am going in with to start the negotiation....[/QUOTE]

There you go! You're a smart one. I'm not saying it would be easy to get past the wives with this, but its not impossible. A necklace, a spa treatment, whatever, will get the job done. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It might've had something to do with the shellacking we took, but I regretted going to Dallas and missing our biggest family reunion of the year. Back in HS we had the 2nd-oldeest rivaly in the state in Dickinson vs St. Peter's Prep. We would always make it back in time for turkey and I even got to play in one. After that series ended, despite bieng a big football fan, the holiday morphed into strictly a family affair. Bad NFL matchups helped the cause, but football was largely ignored. I wouldn't mind seeing all football abolished on this day, but if we get the game I'll be there in a tryptophan-induced coma.

[QUOTE=sg3;3536281]yes

gonna be a great night[/QUOTE]
    why are people complaining about an opening night MNF game, a thanksgiving game AND the shot of HBO's Hard Knocks? Our team has NEVER had this type of exposure. Be happy. Be proud! wear your green! stop complaining about it! Enjoy it!