Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Jets Officially Chosen for HARD KNOCKS (merged)

Rookie

UPDATE: Jets Officially Chosen for HARD KNOCKS (merged)

Jets Training Camp may be on the HBO series Hard Knocks this summer. According to this article we are the front-runners. My first reaction is that I'd be concerned about our plays and formations being out there for every opponent to see, but it would be fun to watch...

"McClain also points out that "there's talk" the Jets will be the ultimate selection. And that makes us wonder whether Monday's gasket-blowing from owner Woody Johnson regarding The Coin Flip was aimed at squeezing the league into picking the Jets."

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/a-year-after-turning-down-hard-knocks-the-texans-want-in/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    hope not

hope so.

more jets inside stuff = great

this team has no Egos so I dont think anyone will be gunning for camera time.

All Pro
    The team does not need distractions, lets win the Super Bowl then we can get the notoriety

if it's the Jets it's for one reason - Rex is better TV than any player, coach, or psychotic owner in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    can't understand why any fan wouldn't want this. this provides an otherwise unaccessible behind the scenes view of the team. I love this show...and would be so pumped to be able to see our Jets behind the scenes...if this is too big a distraction than this isn't a SB calibre team. they're professionals, they can handle it.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=greenbacker;3529215]if it's the Jets it's for one reason - Rex is better TV than any player, coach, or psychotic owner in the league.[/QUOTE]

Good point. You know that HBO is pushing hard for the Jets. Executives must be salivating at the thought of having the Walking Quote Machine boost up the ratings...

back when we had mangini i thought this would be a bad idea because of his secretive style. With rex its pretty much what you see is what you get, now try to stop it

I think that it could be positive exposure for the Jets but it does run some risks. I would be concerned about how much information the team is showing the opponents.

This team is brash but full of character guys and a coach that knows how to let loose but is all business when it counts, I think it would work. I think the team would play with more fire, just look at the Bungles last season, no one had picked them to do anything and they had a very good season, before we wrecked it that is.

All Pro
    It would be entertaining, no doubt about that. And I'd like to see some of the inside, behind the scenes stuff that goes on with the Jets -- what fan wouldn't want to see that?

I don't think it would distract the team at all because Rex wouldn't let them get distracted.

And that whole "it's a distraction" argument was squashed when the Bengals took their division, which happens to be one of the toughest in the league.

I'm also not worried about teams gaining any sort of schematic advantage, either. It's not like they're throwing up the playbook.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3529241]It would be entertaining, no doubt about that. And I'd like to see some of the inside, behind the scenes stuff that goes on with the Jets -- what fan wouldn't want to see that?

I don't think it would distract the team at all because Rex wouldn't let them get distracted.

And that whole "it's a distraction" argument was squashed when the Bengals took their division, which happens to be one of the toughest in the league.

I'm also not worried about teams gaining any sort of schematic advantage, either. It's not like they're throwing up the playbook.[/QUOTE]

We haven't won dick in 40 years so why not do this.

At least we gain some national notoriety.

I vote yes...............

Rookie
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3529247]At least we gain some national notoriety.

I vote yes...............[/QUOTE]

Rex's personality is downright infectious and you gotta assume that we'd have a lot more Jets fans around the country by the time the series is over. I've watched plenty of games wearing Green and White in West Coast sports bars and believe me, we need all the help we can get!

All League
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3529207]The team does not need distractions, lets win the Super Bowl then we can get the notoriety[/QUOTE]
    i could not agree more..

to hell with face time during training camp..

lets win the damn super bowl!!

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529236]This team is brash but full of character guys and a coach that knows how to let loose but is all business when it counts, I think it would work. I think the team would play with more fire, [B]just look at the Bungles last season[/B], no one had picked them to do anything and they had a very good season, before we wrecked it that is.[/QUOTE]

lol how do you think we beat them? they ran the tape of the whole season non-stop during week 17

Hall Of Fame
    just tell me when to press play

Voted yes before voting yes now and I wonder how many bleeps would there be during each episode if they put it on regular tv like the sopranos?

I say why not.....

I think the exposure is great for the franchise, and I'm not really all that concerned about it as a distraction, We have hundreds of fans at our practices, what are a few cameramen going to do to really cause havoc? Nor am I really concerned in terms of competitive advantage since I'm pretty sure we can turn the cameras off anytime we're working on something specific that we don't want public.

Funny thing, is I would be shocked if we got it because of Rex..... We've seen his locker room speaches before, you really think the NFL wants a human bleep machine coach on the show? I know it's HBO, but I doubt the NFL wants to be represented with f**k this and s**t that and a**hole all over the place.

Can't get enough of the Jets so I'd love if they were on Hard Knocks.

Would the season hurry up and start already?? :(

I'm torn, like everyone else, who wouldn't be giddy to see their team get on this show with all the inside access that it provides?

I'd love it, and I think Rex and this team would be a big hit for this show.

But I hate having media attention, I'd rather we stay "under the covers," less exposure the better. I wouldn't worry about distractions, just the extra attention and hype.