Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodell, losing more respect for this guy each day...

All Pro
    When coaches object to a rule change because it will require them to make too many decisions and add to their mental burden, I have to say they sound like wimpy little p*ssies. The rule will make overtime alot more interesting and competitive. Get over it, Sean.

+1 billion

I detest this POS who thinks he's bigger than the game. He was prolly the ugly nerd in school who got whacked by everybody, now its his turn to lord it over everyone - the bastid.

I truly hope he gets booed off stage the slimy toad
    Last edited by FijiJet; 03-24-2010 at 09:37 PM.

All Pro
    I think the man is great! BTW, he's a former Jet employee... /snicker ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536399]+1

Guy acts like he's KGB and couldn't be more arrogant. Destorying the spygate evidence was the first sign of trouble, and the secret coin toss took arrogance to a whole new level.[/QUOTE]

I said this at the time ...... People don't realize just how underhanded that was and the more you see how he operates the more you know he engineered a cover-up!!!:eek:

All League
    remind me, what exactly has he done to ruin the game?

rules changes? these are VOTED on guys, by committees of owners, etc. Not his decision alone.

move the draft to thursday, ok. bfd. alot of impact that has on the game. yeah.

suspends a few guys for acting like *******s? they deserve it, bunch if *******s, that they are anyway.

move the pro-bowl? again, who the **** cares about the pro-bowl anyway. like ten people watch it.

did i miss something significant? please tell me cause my mind is going blank here.

[QUOTE=RockvilleJet;3536669]As you can see, I rarely post.

But I hate this guys guts. A rotten, no good, cheating, unfair, excuse for a human being, who is in charge of my favorite sport.

What right did this POS have to destroy evidence crucial to the integrity of the game. He has no common decency.

A coin toss with no one present? Are you effin kidding me?

This man has absolutely no integrity. He is the wrong man for the job, and should be fired immediatly. If this POS does not get fired, our beloved NFL will become a joke of a league. We are fast on our way now with this phony.

Goddell= Good for nothin!

I think I made myself clear.[/QUOTE]

+1000000000

Post of the year right there.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3536944]remind me, what exactly has he done to ruin the game?

rules changes? these are VOTED on guys, by committees of owners, etc. Not his decision alone.

suspends a few guys for acting like *******s? they deserve it, bunch if *******s, that they are anyway.

move the pro-bowl? again, who the **** cares about the pro-bowl anyway. like ten people watch it.

did i miss something significant? please tell me cause my mind is going blank here.[/QUOTE]
    Shush this thread is about passion. It's only a matter of time until all caps and red font come into play

If you look at his last press conference, he reminds me of Mangini so much. They must be cousins. Same tone, bull****!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3536944]remind me, what exactly has he done to ruin the game?

did i miss something significant? please tell me cause my mind is going blank here.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post Ted.

Moving the draft from Saturday afternoon to Primetime Thursday night. A huge FU to the real fans who enjoy the draft.

Pushing the NFL in Europe for money purposes. No one wants to play out there.

The Brady rules.

The guy has been more hands on than any other previous commisioner combined.

The NFL didnt need any tweaking and this bozo cant keep his hands off of it. All he cares about is money. Not the fans. Not the product on the field. Money.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3536295]must not say what I want to say right now :noevil:[/QUOTE]

lol - great minds think alike :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536589]He's a lawyer and I believe his father was in congress, so he learned from the best

[/QUOTE]

His father was Senator Charles Goodell...who was appointed to that position by Governor Nelson Rockefeller to finish out Bobby Kennedy's term in 1968 after his assassination..

He ran for re-election on his own in 1970.
    He finished third in a 32-man race.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3536908]I think the man is great!
    BTW, he's a former Jet employee... /snicker ;)[/QUOTE]

Ya think he still has that less than one year internship on his resume ?? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;3536708]Do you guys even understand who Goodell works for?[/QUOTE]

Yes.
    Yes we do.

[IMG]http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/sbpregame7.jpg[/IMG]

If Peyton had any real balls he would call out HIS OWN OWNER who voted FOR the rule change.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;3536581]I'm down with this thread except the only difference is I've NEVER any respect for him. I've been beating this drum for a while now. I annot STAND what this miserable SOB did to the game I love. [B]I really wish Tagliabue was still around. [/B]He kept things in line, never got in the way and was rarely seen. This dipsh*t (Goodell) is on camera seemingly all the time and cow-tows to the owners ever chance he gets. He's singlehandedley killing this sport. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Tagliabue was one of the worst commissioners in pro sports history. Tagliabue's reign saw teams moving from location to location like a bunch a vagabonds, the advent of the PSL and he negotiated and left office with one of the worst CBAs ever that now has us looking at a work stoppage next year. Some legacy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Matt39;3537060]Moving the draft from Saturday afternoon to Primetime Thursday night. A huge FU to the real fans who enjoy the draft.

Pushing the NFL in Europe for money purposes. No one wants to play out there.

The Brady rules.

The guy has been more hands on than any other previous commisioner combined.

The NFL didnt need any tweaking and this bozo cant keep his hands off of it. [B]All he cares about is money. Not the fans. Not the product on the field. Money.[/QUOTE][/B]

Sounds like the perfect man for the NFL.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3536754]Didn't read the article but I'm pretty sure it's always been known that the owners are the only ones to get to vote. They are after all the owners of their teams.

If Payton has a problem he should talk to his owner.[/QUOTE]

You guys are totally missing the point. As I said in an earlier post it is not about who he works for, who does the voting etc. It's about the sneaky bs moves he makes. Payton and a number of the other coaches were lead to believe they would at least have some input. And owners usually trust their coaches to some extent.

Goodell pulled an end around and held the vote a day earlier than scheduled. With the coin toss, he just flips a coin in his office with his secretary or whoever watching on an issue that was important to two teams. He destroys evidence of wrong doing by a team on his own, in secret with little to no valid explanation as to why.

I can handle being told that things are the way they are because the commish and the owners say so and to suck and egg if I don't like it. I can't stand people smiling, patting you on the head like an 8 year old and telling you they are open, above board and approachable when it is clearly not the case.

That list is a good start. When you add up a lot of little stupid moves they amount to something sooner or later. A LOT of these decisions have seemingly come out of nowhere, with ZERO open discussion and ZERO consultation and A LOT of secrecy.

No one needs the fans input on these 'little' decisions but when it comes time to blindly support some **** team that has been bad for years or when it comes time to use public money to pay for a stadium the fans become important again.

As I've said, if Goodell held a news conference tommorrow and said. 'We are going to run things my way and myself and the owners are going to make all decisions as we see fit.....deal with it.' I could accept that, I may not like it but I wouldn't be getting lied to.

What I do detest is phoney baloney transparency, input, crap and then very weak excuses to justify some of his moves.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3537140]That list is a good start. When you add up a lot of little stupid moves they amount to something sooner or later. A LOT of these decisions have seemingly come out of nowhere, with ZERO open discussion and ZERO consultation and A LOT of secrecy.

No one needs the fans input on these 'little' decisions but when it comes time to blindly support some **** team that has been bad for years or when it comes time to use public money to pay for a stadium the fans become important again.

As I've said, if Goodell held a news conference tommorrow and said. 'We are going to run things my way and myself and the owners are going to make all decisions as we see fit.....deal with it.' I could accept that, I may not like it but I wouldn't be getting lied to.

What I do detest is phoney baloney transparency, input, crap and then very weak excuses to justify some of his moves.[/QUOTE]

Fans still have a say. Don't like it, don't go, don't watch. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a richard but it's the truth. It's also their league. They own it. Obviously, they rely on fan support to help pay the bills thus it's your choice. Watch it, go or don't watch it, don't go.

You can also write a letter to Goodell or even Woody. What good it will do who knows but if you feel that strongly do it.