Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goodell, losing more respect for this guy each day...

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3537380]But every single elector on the Electoral College did.
    And that's the way this country elects a President.
    So that's the vote that counts.
    And it was unanimous.
    Twice.

Correct.
    And when he ran that one time he was elected on the 5th ballot.
    Which was NOT unanimous.

Jeez...Anything else I can better help you understand ?? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

When everyone on that ballot voted for just the one guy, it was unanimous. Of course I'm correct. I understand. 32 for, zero not for = unanimous.

Good commish. Hope he is there for life. Not as impactful as Rozelle but good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3537403]When everyone on that ballot voted for just the one guy, it was unanimous. Of course I'm correct. I understand. 32 for, zero not for = unanimous.

[/QUOTE]

Nice story....

Except on that 5th ballot, the final vote was:
    23 For Goodell
    8 Against Goodell.

Of course you're wrong.

Anything else ??

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3537370]Agreed, don't like it don't go. Wait though, you are not supporting your team then. The owners and Goodell are very selective as to when fans are important. As I've said repeatedly in this thread, I have no problem with them running the business in any fashion they like, just don't bull**** the customer by telling them how important they are, how they listen to the fans, how they are very above board in their decision making.[/QUOTE]

Haven't they listened to the fans with the OT change? Everytime a team loses on the opening drive of OT the losing teams fans cry and cry how unfair OT is.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3537420]Nice story....

Except on that 5th ballot, the final vote was:
    23 For Goodell
    8 Against Goodell.

Of course you're wrong.

Anything else ??[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Perhaps you should check the Wikipedia website. I relied on them and they said unanimous.
    More bad info? Liars? Maybe it's the Obama effect - lying. According to Joe Wilson, Rep. from South Carolina to Obama 'You lie".

[QUOTE=C Mart;3537457]Haven't they listened to the fans with the OT change? Everytime a team loses on the opening drive of OT the losing teams fans cry and cry how unfair OT is.[/QUOTE]

Agree. The problem is there are always people who are against decision making or authority in any form. Goodell make NO rules. The various committees made up of owners do for voting. Goodell enforces rules and leads the discussion.

This rule change not only makes sense, 28 owners voted for it. That's it - done. If 24 voted yes, still the new rule.
    Woody voted FOR it. Al Davis and Jerry Jones were on the same page FOR.
    It is a much fairer situation than current. Better than the NCAA system which is stupid.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3537502]Agree. [B]The problem is there are always people who are against decision making or authority in any form[/B]. Goodell make NO rules. The various committees made up of owners do for voting. Goodell enforces rules and leads the discussion.

This rule change not only makes sense, 28 owners voted for it. That's it - done. If 24 voted yes, still the new rule.
    Woody voted FOR it. Al Davis and Jerry Jones were on the same page FOR.
    It is a much fairer situation than current. Better than the NCAA system which is stupid.[/QUOTE]

Very, very true!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3537488]I don't know.

Perhaps you should check the Wikipedia website.

I relied on them and they said unanimous.
    [/QUOTE]

I do.

I did.

They didn't.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell NFL commissioner selection[/url]

[QUOTE]Goodell was one of five finalists, joining Gregg Levy, Frederick Nance, Robert Reynolds, and Mayo Shattuck III. With 22 votes from the owners being needed to make a choice, Goodell, who oddsmakers had installed as a prohibitive 2:5 favorite to be selected, only garnered 15 votes to Levy's 13, with three votes scattered among the other candidates and the Oakland Raiders abstaining.

[B]On the second and third ballots, Goodell and Levy were the only candidates to receive votes (Goodell 17, Levy 14). Goodell increased his lead to 2110 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority.[/QUOTE]

Are we done yet ??

Goodell is a F***** SCUMBAG, Much like his butt-buddies in Foxboro,
    But I got to thinking...
    I know we all wanted the first game in the Stadium as a symbolic thing or something, but if you think about it...
    The VaGiants get a standard Sunday game, in the daylight, and the JETS get the first Nationally Televised game from the new place a few days later,
    All lit up in green showing the Nation who REALLY owns the place!
    I kinda like it.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3537516]I do.

I did.

They didn't.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell NFL commissioner selection[/url]

Are we done yet ??[/QUOTE]

It depends on what the definition of is is.

I also did.
    I also did again.
    They did!

It ain't over 'til it's over.
    My prob is I don't know how to copy from the Wikipedia page to here.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3537543]It depends on what the definition of is is.
    [/QUOTE]

That made me LOL! Wasn't that a Bill Clinton line during the Monica investigation?

[QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3537549]That made me LOL! Wasn't that a Bill Clinton line during the Monica investigation?[/QUOTE]

It was. Clinton wasn't as bad as people made out. A likable rogue.

Smart as positioning things. Great speaker. Didn't need a teleprompter like the current guy.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536399]+1

Guy acts like he's KGB and couldn't be more arrogant. Destorying the spygate evidence was the first sign of trouble, and the secret coin toss took arrogance to a whole new level.[/QUOTE]

I have more of a problem with him even thinking about the superbowl in London