Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodell, losing more respect for this guy each day...

Goodell, losing more respect for this guy each day...

Sean Peyton is now ticked off at him regarding the new overtime rule. (See article below).

This guy thinks he is an autocrat. He's extremely secretive, sneaky and just tries to do whatever the hell he wants and not always in the best interest of the game.

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/24/overtime-payton/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/24/overtime-payton/index.html[/URL]

(Apologies if this link has been posted before.)

Have never liked the POS.. Hope they booo his ass off the stage in Apr..

"Owners own, coaches coach"

Coaches don't get a vote in rule changes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3536256]Sean Peyton is now ticked off at him regarding the new overtime rule. (See article below).

[B]This guy thinks he is an autocrat. He's extremely secretive, sneaky and just tries to do whatever the hell he wants and not always in the best interest of the[/B] game.

[URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/24/overtime-payton/index.html[/URL]

(Apologies if this link has been posted before.)[/QUOTE]
    must not say what I want to say right now :noevil:

[QUOTE=hendu24;3536264]Have never liked the POS.. [B]Hope they booo his ass off the stage in Apr..[/B][/QUOTE]

+1 I hope every Jets fan going to the draft gets this memo... moreso for the secretive coin flip...

[QUOTE=FF2;3536270]"Owners own, coaches coach"

Coaches don't get a vote in rule changes.[/QUOTE]

Then he should flat out say that at the beginning of the meetings. Make no bones about it at all but he doesn't. He should have only invited the owners to these 'onwers' meetings and told all coaches and GM's to stay home and stfu if that is the case. The issue isn't who makes the final decisions but the end arounds and 'just trust mes' he puts forth.

The man is not up front and forth right at all. He has proven it time and again.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536399]+1

Guy acts like he's KGB and couldn't be more arrogant. Destorying the spygate evidence was the first sign of trouble, and the secret coin toss took arrogance to a whole new level.[/QUOTE]

in other words he exactly what the owners want... arrogant, secretive, that's exactly what they want.

no one cares what the coaches think... it's all about the 32 billionaires in the club.

if they felt strongly about this rule change they shouldn't have been out golfing during the owners meetings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Godell is a douchebag. I love to punch him in his ugly face.
    Effin POS!

[QUOTE=hendu24;3536264]Have never liked the POS.. Hope they booo his ass off the stage in Apr..[/QUOTE]

He'll be booed. Absolutely! That is unless he holds a secret last minute coin flip to move the draft location to Boston.

[QUOTE=southside;3536439]He'll be booed. Absolutely! That is unless he holds a secret last minute coin flip to move the draft location to Boston.[/QUOTE]

Then I will rally a crew to boo the hell out of him here!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3536256]Sean Peyton is now ticked off at him regarding the new overtime rule. (See article below).

This guy thinks he is an autocrat. He's extremely secretive, sneaky and just tries to do whatever the hell he wants and not always in the best interest of the game.

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/24/overtime-payton/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/24/overtime-payton/index.html[/URL]

(Apologies if this link has been posted before.)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hendu24;3536264]Have never liked the POS.. Hope they booo his ass off the stage in Apr..[/QUOTE]

I'm down with this thread except the only difference is I've NEVER any respect for him. I've been beating this drum for a while now. I annot STAND what this miserable SOB did to the game I love. I really wish Tagliabue was still around. He kept things in line, never got in the way and was rarely seen. This dipsh*t (Goodell) is on camera seemingly all the time and cow-tows to the owners ever chance he gets. He's singlehandedley killing this sport. :steamin:

I feel about Goddell the way that the right wing feels about Obama.I feel he is killing the game we all love

I'm telling you in a few years he's gonna ban the 3 point stance

All Pro
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3536586]I'm telling you in a few years he's gonna ban the 3 point stance[/QUOTE]

Yep, agreed...I just said that to a co-worker today. To quote Troy Polamalu, "It loses so much of its essence, and it really becomes like a [B]pansy[/B] game."

Veteran
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3536586]I feel about Goddell the way that the right wing feels about Obama.I feel he is killing the game we all love

I'm telling you in a few years he's gonna ban the 3 point stance[/QUOTE]

Extremely secretive and destroying evidence? I'd have compared him directly to Bush. And yeah, I feel the same about Goodell as you do.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536589]He's a lawyer and I believe his father was in congress, so he learned from the best
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell[/url]

[I]Goodell was born in Jamestown, New York,[5] the son of the late United States Senator Charles E. Goodell, a Republican from New York and the late Jean Rice Goodell of Buffalo, New York.[/I]

As you can see, I rarely post.

But I hate this guys guts. A rotten, no good, cheating, unfair, excuse for a human being, who is in charge of my favorite sport.

What right did this POS have to destroy evidence crucial to the integrity of the game. He has no common decency.

A coin toss with no one present? Are you effin kidding me?

This man has absolutely no integrity. He is the wrong man for the job, and should be fired immediatly. If this POS does not get fired, our beloved NFL will become a joke of a league. We are fast on our way now with this phony.

Goddell= Good for nothin!

I think I made myself clear.

Do you guys even understand who Goodell works for?

+1

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3536315]Then he should flat out say that at the beginning of the meetings. Make no bones about it at all but he doesn't. He should have only invited the owners to these 'onwers' meetings and told all coaches and GM's to stay home and stfu if that is the case. The issue isn't who makes the final decisions but the end arounds and 'just trust mes' he puts forth.

The man is not up front and forth right at all. He has proven it time and again.[/QUOTE]

Didn't read the article but I'm pretty sure it's always been known that the owners are the only ones to get to vote. They are after all the owners of their teams.

If Payton has a problem he should talk to his owner.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3536754]Didn't read the article but I'm pretty sure it's always been known that the owners are the only ones to get to vote. They are after all the owners of their teams.

If Payton has a problem he should talk to his owner.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Coaches have never voted on rules.