Thread: Mock Draft on My New Website

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mock Draft on My New Website

Just started a new blog/website and here's the mock draft I posted.

http://www.resports.net/mock-draft.html

Have the Jets taking Demaryius Thomas at 29.

======================================

If anybody has a comment about the site, please share. It's just getting off the ground and any constructive criticism is welcome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas is overrated here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Maybe he is.

But I think he's a 1st round pick at the end of the day.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants have needs at DT, LB, DB, TE, and OL. They have Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, Moss and Barden at WR. No way Bryant lands there. He'd definitely go to Miami or Seattle in that situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bryant, Lafell, Tate, and probably Williams all go before him. Maybe Gilyard too.

Thomas probably has everyone excited because he's big. That's the first thing I know I noticed when I was checking out this draft early on. After that, he's got a very raw game compared to the other top WRs in this draft.

For all this hate of Gholston this board and other Jets board can show, few workout warriors with prototype numbers pass by us without some love. I realize Thomas didn't really workout...but size counts there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bryant, Lafell, Tate, and probably Williams all go before him. Maybe Gilyard too.

Thomas probably has everyone excited because he's big. That's the first thing I know I noticed when I was checking out this draft early on. After that, he's got a very raw game compared to the other top WRs in this draft.

For all this hate of Gholston this board and other Jets board can show, few workout warriors with prototype numbers pass by us without some love. I realize Thomas didn't really workout...but size counts there.
    Everyone that says that Thomas is overrated is overreacting. The kid would have been a top pick if he did not get hurt. This would allow us to get value and move JCO to the slot in three WR sets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Bryant, Williams and Tate going before DT. The offense needs more weapons. I understand the DL is aging and Cody is there. But for me, Thomas is a guy I can't pass up just like Cody is for you.

As for the Giants taking Bryant, I agree that it's not filling a need (and they have many) but Bryant would be the best player available there by a long shot.

In the end, I think there will be a trade up for him if he falls past Miami.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Great Job, Mike, and I love the pick for the Jets ... agree with the commentary as well
    Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well than you should go over to the NFL network and see how overrated he is there! I'll take Mayock's opinion. Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey man nice site, best of luck

my advice is to set up a links section of your site

I will link to you on my links page, you link back

it helps with google ranking tremendously.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    hey man nice site, best of luck

my advice is to set up a links section of your site

I will link to you on my links page, you link back

it helps with google ranking tremendously.
    Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to getting recognized by Google. They still don't even put the site in search results when you look up "resports"

Check your PMs
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 03-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Everyone that says that Thomas is overrated is overreacting. The kid would have been a top pick if he did not get hurt. This would allow us to get value and move JCO to the slot in three WR sets.
    Not really...I'm not saying what I'm saying because of the injuries. There's minor things that separates guys...polish, the ability to separate consistently, and technique are some of those...Thomas is weaker in those areas than the other guys I listed.

Well than you should go over to the NFL network and see how overrated he is there! I'll take Mayock's opinion. Thanks.
    Mayock's opinion fluctuates all the way until Draft Day anyway. I like his individual analysis, but rankings are usually just for shiggles.

Oh, and really nice site Mike. I love the Greg Hardy love (4th ranked DE). Anyone else notice that this is a pretty strong TE class?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really...I'm not saying what I'm saying because of the injuries. There's minor things that separates guys...polish, the ability to separate consistently, and technique are some of those...Thomas is weaker in those areas than the other guys I listed.

Mayock's opinion fluctuates all the way until Draft Day anyway. I like his individual analysis, but rankings are usually just for shiggles.

Oh, and really nice site Mike. I love the Greg Hardy love (4th ranked DE). Anyone else notice that this is a pretty strong TE class?
    Thanks for the props.

And I was trying to show some love for your boy McCoy at TE, but he just didn't fit in my top 5, mainly because the other guys have really stepped up in the pre-draft season. But there is a lot of talent there.