Thread: Woody Requested Turkey night Game with Texans Owner

Woody Requested Turkey night Game with Texans Owner

haven't seen this here yet, seems interesting if true maybe trying to fuel a budding grudge between the teams with us throttling them last year then knocking them out of the playoffs and beating them out For Hard Knocks (their owner was lobbying HBO for it)

[url]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6927224.html[/url]

ORLANDO, Fla. Texans owner Bob McNair will have to wait to find out if his request to play the New York Jets on Thanksgiving night is granted.

McNair said Tuesday that he and Jets owner Woody Johnson have asked the league to schedule the Texans at the Jets for the prime-time game on Thanksgiving. The third game of the day is televised by the NFL Network.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=soks45;3536569]haven't seen this here yet, seems interesting if true maybe trying to fuel a budding grudge between the teams with us throttling them last year then knocking them out of the playoffs and beating them out For Hard Knocks (their owner was lobbying HBO for it)

[url]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6927224.html[/url]

ORLANDO, Fla. Texans owner Bob McNair will have to wait to find out if his request to play the New York Jets on Thanksgiving night is granted.

McNair said Tuesday that he and Jets owner Woody Johnson have asked the league to schedule the Texans at the Jets for the prime-time game on Thanksgiving. The third game of the day is televised by the NFL Network.[/QUOTE]

This match up actually crossed my mind for the TG game as there is a little bit of history there to hype AND they could save the Ravens or Vikes game for a primetime showdown.

Jets Insider VIP
    That would be a good prime time game.

[QUOTE=SMC;3536590]That would be a good prime time game.[/QUOTE]

Not if this defense forces the same abysmal effort we received from them last game :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Texans should careful what they wish for, the immobile Shaub could leave the stadium on a stretcher.

Hall Of Fame
    jets and texans play again..this is cool..jets never lost to 'em so let's keep it going (fins never beat em :D)

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3536612]Short week AND Jetlag flying a long distance from Texas ...

Okay, the Texans have my approval :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

+1

I'll play the Texans, their soft style doesn't match up well against Rex Ryan defenses.

Jets Insider VIP
    whomever the NFL wishes to schedule at the PALACE OF FOOTBALL on the first Monday Night of the season or on Thanksgiving Night....

BRING EM ON

[QUOTE=sg3;3536827]whomever the NFL wishes to schedule at the PALACE OF FOOTBALL on the first Monday Night of the season or on Thanksgiving Night....

BRING EM ON[/QUOTE]

HOOOAAAH!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3536827]whomever the NFL wishes to schedule at the PALACE OF FOOTBALL on the first Monday Night of the season or on Thanksgiving Night....

BRING EM ON[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that for a dollar!

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3536607]Texans should careful what they wish for, the immobile Shaub could leave the stadium on a stretcher.[/QUOTE]

By that stage in the season the Jets d will be firing on all cylinders. Schaub will be receiving daisycutters, beamriders and heatseekers all day.

Jets d will bring it and make Houston sing it

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;3536853]By that stage in the season the Jets d will be firing on all cylinders. Schaub will be receiving daisycutters, beamriders and heatseekers all day.

Jets d will bring it and make Houston sing it[/QUOTE]

hellz ya!

I like it. I'm hoping we don't play our division rivals in these primetime slots, as there's already a lot of hype for those games.

Oh that's going to be a fun game...it's always cool to see your favorite team on primetime and throwing in the Schaub/Johnson connection is just icing.

I definitely don't mind the whole Thanksgiving thing so much.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3536879]Oh that's going to be a fun game...it's always cool to see your favorite team on primetime and throwing in the Schaub/Johnson connection is just icing.

I definitely don't mind the whole Thanksgiving thing so much.[/QUOTE]

+1

BTW, nice sig. Love that album, and Mos Def in general (no homo).

Andre Johnson gets lost on Revis Island on national TV? yes please.