Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumors swirling that the Rams will trade the 33rd pick for McNabb

Veteran

Rumors swirling that the Rams will trade the 33rd pick for McNabb

[url]http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html[/url]

Can someone explain the logic of this to me? So they can be a 5 win team for the next couple years instead of a 2 win team? This isn't a win-now team and investing that high of a draft pick -- in one of the deepest drafts in recent years -- for an old QB seems ridiculous.

I suppose they're going with the logic that he's 33.

If they do start him, they'll win more than enough games to take them out of the running for Locker next year, who if he plays well, will be the consensus #1 pick (if that team needs a QB, which most do that high up)

They must be banking that McNabb can play for another 7 years lol.

That or they're dumb enough to waste a #1 and #2 on a QB THIS year.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;3536639][url]http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html[/url]

Can someone explain the logic of this to me? So they can be a 5 win team for the next couple years instead of a 2 win team? This isn't a win-now team and investing that high of a draft pick -- in one of the deepest drafts in recent years -- for an old QB seems ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

They probably want to draft one of the DT, but are under pressure to draft Bradford. If they get McNabb they can draft QB next year. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3536646]They probably want to draft one of the DT, but are under pressure to draft Bradford. If they get McNabb they can draft QB next year. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

They don't NEED a DT though.

They drafted Long and he's actually finally starting to come along.

Why waste 2 absurdly high picks on the DL in 3 years when you have other pressing needs.

Especially with a new owner coming to town.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;3536639][URL]http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html[/URL]

Can someone explain the logic of this to me? So they can be a 5 win team for the next couple years instead of a 2 win team? This isn't a win-now team and investing that high of a draft pick -- in one of the deepest drafts in recent years -- for an old QB seems ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

No logic what so ever.

They need young talent in a bad way. I don't see how they can do this.

All League
    Did not see St Louis jumping into the McNabb sweep stakes, Vick would make more sense.

Arizona, Carolina, San Fransisco, Minnesota (? W/Favre) and even Seattle would make a lot more sense, but for a team like STL to throw a high pick in a deep draft to PHI for McNabb doesn't make much sense, they are still far from being a contender with or without him.

He's only 33 and I think under appreciated in PHI but still don't see STL trading for him IMO, just don't see the logic.

The rams will give up Atogwe too.

I don't buy this rumor will happen, but it makes sense in that it frees them up to take Suh, and McNabb can be the QB there for probably another 5 years, he's only 33.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3536648]They don't NEED a DT though.

They drafted Long and he's actually finally starting to come along.

Why waste 2 absurdly high picks on the DL in 3 years when you have other pressing needs.

Especially with a new owner coming to town.[/QUOTE]

they want to trade Carriker- won't get much for the guy as he's been really banged up....Mallett at the top of next year's draft is better than Bradford this year...

what's absurd is giving up a high second for mcnabb...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3536671]I don't buy this rumor will happen, but it makes sense in that it frees them up to take Suh, and McNabb can be the QB there for probably another 5 years, he's only 33.[/QUOTE]

They could still take Suh and then flip a 4th round pick to Philly for Vick. That makes a lot more sense to me than trading for McNabb.

[QUOTE]RT @miklasz: Rams GM Billy Devaney on McNabb trade rumors: "Absolutely false," and "utterly ridiculous."[/QUOTE]

Eh, He's going to the Bills.

Good trade for both sides, Philly finally dumps McNabb a yr before his contracts up, gets decent value, and STL can take Suh, and draft a QB next year (Locker) I don't like Bradford ONE BIT. I think if it happens, and i hear it may, I like it for both sides.

All Pro
    i heard about this a month ago i think..

latest is no

[QUOTE]
    Donovan McNabb, QB, Philadelphia Eagles Wednesday 3/24, 5:31 PM CT

Updating a previous report, Rams GM Billy Devaney destroyed any rumors that Eagles QB Donovan McNabb is being dealt to his club, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Our View: "It's utterly ridiculous," Devaney added. "I haven't talked to Philadelphia about any of their players." Another Rams exec was quoted saying, "They may have a trade offer, but not from us. Why would we trade for McNabb and then go watch (Sam) Bradford throw on Monday?" This whole ordeal may have been a media ploy [/QUOTE]

All Pro
    IF KOLB IS THE REAL DEAL.. EAGLES WILL BE STACKKED

Q-KOLB
    H-MCCOY
    H-M BELL
    F-WEAVER
    TE - CELEK
    WR- MACLIN
    WR - BASKETT
    WR- JACKSON
    WR- AVANT
    LT - PETERS
    LG - ANDREWS
    C - MCGLYNN / JACKSON / COLE
    RG - HERREMANS
    RT - JUSTICE

DT - BRUNKLEY
    DT -
    DT - M PATTERSON
    DE - COLE
    DE - TAPP
    DE - V ABIAMIRI
    OLB -
    OLB - C GOCONG
    OLB -
    MLB - S BRADLEY
    MLB - GAITHER
    CB - SAMUEL
    CB - BROWN
    CB - M JACKSON
    CB - E HOBBS
    S - MIKELL
    S - ATOGWE

24th overall (1st)
    33rd overall (2nd) STL
    58th overall (2nd)
    85th overall (3rd)

beasssts
    Last edited by Mikey Z 6; 03-24-2010 at 06:55 PM.

All Pro
    That sounds like too much for a QB, especially one who's 33. But McNabb could immediately get them to 6-ish wins with Jackson. Donnie Avery is a pretty solid #2 WR who is better than just about anybody McNabb had until TO then Jackson.

Not a great idea for St. Louis, but they must be really sick of losing. I can't blame them.

i don't understand why philly hates mcnabb. he's a great qb. who the hell is kolb?

This move would help the Rams sell tickets, would help Eagles fans STFU about their QB situation for 8 weeks until Kolb leads them to a 2-6 record and they're crying for McNabb to come back.

I've never seen a franchise hate their own QB (who is a Top 5 talent) so much. Ever.

Seems like a waste of a pick. McNabb would definitely help them but they have soooooo many needs why waste a pick??

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3536710]This move would help the Rams sell tickets, would help Eagles fans STFU about their QB situation for 8 weeks until Kolb leads them to a 2-6 record and they're crying for McNabb to come back.

[B]I've never seen a franchise hate their own QB (who is a Top 5 talent) so much. Ever[/B].[/QUOTE]

+1

they dont know what its like to not have a QB.. when they dont... they will regret their hate for mcnabb