Thread: Red license decals for young drivers in NJ

Red license decals for young drivers in NJ

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/nj_officials_decide_how_to_imp.html[/url]

Interesting... this would of pissed me off when I was under 21, but I guess it's only enforcing current law. Any NJ cops here? What do you think?

[quote]For example, Dow said police will pull over cars displaying the new decals on the road between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. or carrying too many passengers, two violations of the state's graduated drivers license laws.[/quote]

lol

How many drivers under 21 own their own cars, versus borrow their parents? If you slap a red decal on an adult's car because their kid uses it from time to time, you're gunna piss off a lot of adults after 11pm.

[QUOTE=Crease29;3536732]How many drivers under 21 own their own cars, versus borrow their parents? If you slap a red decal on an adult's car because their kid uses it from time to time, you're gunna piss off a lot of adults after 11pm.[/QUOTE]

Not much of a reader are you?

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3536739]Not much of a reader are you?[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading stuff carefully after I graduated.

I'm gunna figure out who you really are. Somehow. Probably not. :D

[QUOTE=Crease29;3536744]I stopped reading stuff carefully after I graduated.

I'm gunna figure out who you really are. Somehow. Probably not. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm a guy.

I live in Texas.

I like the Jets.

Really, what more do you wanna know.

If I tell you anything else, it'd be borderline homoseshual.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3536749]I'm a guy.

I live in Texas.

I like the Jets.

Really, what more do you wanna know.

If I tell you anything else, it'd be borderline homoseshual.[/QUOTE]

PatsFanTX?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Bad drivers are bad drivers, they need to start learning how to drive when the are 11.....

[QUOTE=Crease29;3536765]PatsFanTX?[/QUOTE]

No but he did invite me to the Houston game last year :D

All League
    More practice = better drivers... plain and simple

Cars without seat belts and airbags = better drivers.

All the safety mechanisms that we've been introducing over the years have been off-set by riskier behavior behind the wheel (speeding, using the cell phone, etc.). The more safe people feel behind the wheel, the more reckless they become.

I was planning on writing a thesis on this for my major but it was tough to find an area that hasn't been uncovered yet. If it were up to me, I'd have everyone drive around in those door-less jeeps without seat belts and airbags.