Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berry, Berry Could?

Hall Of Fame

Berry, Berry Could?

This is PURE SPECULATION on my part. What if the Jets interest in obtaining Marshall and holding onto their #1 pick is because the Jets plan on dealing Braylon Edwards and our #1 pick to trade up for Eric Berry?

Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    This is PURE SPECULATION on my part. What if the Jets interest in obtaining Marshall and holding onto their #1 pick is because the Jets plan on dealing Braylon Edwards and our #1 pick to trade up for Eric Berry?
    I dont think the Jets will let themselves have horrible WR depth to benefit a small hole at FS. Especially since if anything they need more weapons for Sanchez. I just cant see this happening, sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I dont think the Jets will let themselves have horrible WR play to benefit a small hole at FS. I just cant see this happening, sorry.
    well they'd have marshall..

Banned
    Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR; With Mark Sanchez? That could be one hell of a 1-2 punch for many of years to come.

Braylon Edwards, as well as our 1st round draft pick? For Brandon Marshall and Eric Berry? Almost sounds too good to be true.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR; With Mark Sanchez? That could be one hell of a 1-2 punch for many of years to come.

Braylon Edwards, as well as our 1st round draft pick? For Brandon Marshall and Eric Berry? Almost sounds too good to be true.

Our 2010 2nd round pick, a 2011 Conditional 4th that can be raised to a 2011 2nd to the Broncos for WR Brandon Marshall

It would be WR Braylon Edwards and our 2010 1st rounder to (A top 5 team) for S Eric Berry

Veteran
    Our 2010 2nd round pick, a 2011 Conditional 4th that can be raised to a 2011 2nd to the Broncos for WR Brandon Marshall

It would be WR Braylon Edwards and our 2010 1st rounder to (A top 5 team) for S Eric Berry
    Back to Cleveland?

Hate to be the wet blanket, but there is no way in hell the Jets are going to spend top 5 money in this draft. Same goes for Marshall. If we get Marshall we can expect Leon AND Braylon to be off the books for 2011 for sure. While it's great to dream about these studs coming to the Jets, we have a greater priority re-signing our own studs in Revis, Mangold & Brick.

All Pro
    Agreed. This is a year to stand pat or maybe trade down unless someone really interesting drops to the mid-20s. And I'd like to hold on to future draft picks for a while now and maybe fill in some depth. We've gotten some great deals in FA and the draft but sooner or later we need some cheap players too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Screw Brandon Marshall and screw trading up into the Top 10 of such a deep draft, especially with limited picks.

You could make a strong argument that picking in the 20-32 area of the 1st round is the ideal place to be. In such a deep class, it's not absurd at all to think we could land a prospect at #29 that would be considered a Top 15 pick in any other given year.

I could see us moving up maybe 5-8 spots in the 1st if someone like Brandon Graham or Joe Haden/Earl Thomas start to slip, but nothing more than that.

A trade up to sneak into the 3rd round is much more likely IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Screw Brandon Marshall and screw trading up into the Top 10 of such a deep draft, especially with limited picks.

You could make a strong argument that picking in the 20-32 area of the 1st round is the ideal place to be. In such a deep class, it's not absurd at all to think we could land a prospect at #29 that would be considered a Top 15 pick in any other given year.

I could see us moving up maybe 5-8 spots in the 1st if someone like Brandon Graham or Joe Haden/Earl Thomas start to slip, but nothing more than that.

A trade up to sneak into the 3rd round is much more likely IMO.
    yea, but eric berry is THE BEST player in this draft. if we get marshall fine, if not , we'll draft one. I love berry. I want him badly.

i stated a thread a few weeks ago- can you imagine the jets backfield with berry, crom and revis?

The Jets are not dumb enough to sign and trade for Brandon Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

No, he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    No, he isn't.
    yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    yes he is.
    No, seriously he's not. It's not even hard to come up with 5 guys better than him...in no particular order:

Johnson
    Fitzgerald
    Johnson
    Moss
    Jennings
    Welker (healthy)
    Wayne
    Jackson
    Smith

There's 9 and it didn't even take me a minute.

Maybe if Marshall wasn't a mistake away from a full season suspension I'd give him more props. I also don't get what's so special about topping 100 catches when you're targeted 150+ times in an offense that likes to pass.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-25-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Throwing all logic aside... man I love Berry. He's my favorite prospect in several years.

All League
    While I would love the opportunity get Berry almost at any cost, he is one of the few elite talents in this draft and as such will be long gone by pick 7. BE won't be anywhere near enough to move up 20+ spots.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We can't trade our 2nd rounder in 2011.. We traded a 3rd for Cro that could become a 2nd in 2011.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsjethouse View Post
    yea, but eric berry is THE BEST player in this draft. if we get marshall fine, if not , we'll draft one. I love berry. I want him badly.

i stated a thread a few weeks ago- can you imagine the jets backfield with berry, crom and revis?
    No he's not. Suh is hands down the best player in the draft IMO. Best interior DL prospect in maybe decades.

Berry may not even be the best safety in the draft. Mayock has Earl Thomas ranked ahead of Berry and I trust his evaluations more than anyone in the business.

Berry is a very good prospect, but safety is far from a premium position and we're really not that bad off in that area. Leonhard, Pool, Smith, and Ihedigbo are all guys who can contribute.

I really don't see why so many people want Marshall. Again, he's way more trouble than he's worth. We already have our starting receivers in place. Just bring in a quick, shifty guy to work the middle out of the slot. Someone like Shipley, Gilyard, or Ford would be ideal and could be had later in the draft.

Best interior DL prospect in maybe decades.
    Well...since last year when Raji came out...or 4 years ago when Ngata came out...or 4 years ago when Bunkley came out...or '01 when Seymour and Henderson came out...not to mention super-duper-mega busts like Warren (j/k on the bust thing since bust is a stupid word and Warren carved himself out a nice career).

Suh's the best prospect in this draft, but I see his status elevated often just for the fun of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Well...since last year when Raji came out...or 4 years ago when Ngata came out...or 4 years ago when Bunkley came out...or '01 when Seymour and Henderson came out...not to mention super-duper-mega busts like Warren (j/k on the bust thing since bust is a stupid word and Warren carved himself out a nice career).

Suh's the best prospect in this draft, but I see his status elevated often just for the fun of it.
    Disagree

Suh is a total one man wrecking crew. The total package. A guy with eye popping production to go along with awesome physical talent. A playmaker in every sense of the word and always seems to come up big in big situations.

I think he's hands down the best player in the draft and a true once in a generation prospect.