Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez calls marshall

Sanchez calls marshall

Probly nothing but I can't think of any reason that these two guys would really know each other and be friends. from across the country, drafted like 4 years apart, never played each other.

[url]http://www.lvrj.com/news/newton-defenses-finally-penetrated-88993687.html[/url]

you gotta scroll down to the bottom

"Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall celebrated his 26th birthday at N9NE with friends. He received a telephone call during dinner from New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez"

who knows maybe he is up to something?

Or he just said Happy Birthday?

Hall Of Fame
    nice scoop:

Sanchez: Block the Seattle trade. Dude, we have Hard Knocks....Hard Knocks or rain?

Marshall: Rain makes me melt.

** Sanchez hangs up **

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Or someone said hey who was that....and he joked MS?

Banned
    It's really nice to see that Sanchez is also becoming a leader off the field @ such a young age. Calling a top 5 WR over the phone? Something could be up. It could be nothing but still... It could be something.

I'm pretty sure that Sanchez won't be, wouldn't be, or hasn't been wasting his time calling JAG WR's over the phone such as Joey Galloway or Roy Williams to wish them a happy B-Day.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 03-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3536858]Or he just said Happy Birthday?[/QUOTE]

it's a long offseason I think we're entitled to a little baseless speculation:D

Edit: BTW gotta love a sanchez brandon marshall intrigue at the bottom of a story about wayne newton :P
    Last edited by soks45; 03-24-2010 at 10:01 PM.

All League
    guys, this is no big deal. Mark called me on my birthday, too. that's his thing, i guess.

Banned
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3536863]Something could be up. It could be nothing but still... It could be something.
    [/QUOTE]

-realtalk-

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3536858]Or he just said Happy Birthday?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3536862]Or someone said hey who was that....and he joked MS?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3536863]Something could be up. It could be nothing but still... It could be something.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=operaguy;3536917]-realtalk-[/QUOTE]

This thread can't possibly provide anything more than this.

Lock, dump, end thread.

:yes:

Very interesting if true. :yes:

It wouldn't be all that uncommon for two people to on separate teams to know each other. Keep in mind that many times players show up at each others charity events, or have a mutual friend, or even something as stupid as twitter, nevermind didn't Sanchez visit Denver last year as one of the pre-draft visits? Point is, there's plenty of ways they could have met each other.

And a "Happy Birthday" call certainty doesn't mean any trade is coming.

I heard he also called Domino's. They've got a new recipe, I should order some tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really wish the Marshall talk would just die already.

Is he a phenomenal talent? Sure. Is he a massive dick both on and off the field? You betcha.

The guy is simply more trouble than he's worth. There's a reason why Denver is so eager to get rid of him despite him being one of the most physically gifted, young WR's in the game.

Let's not forget that this is the guy, from all indications, that was the intended target in the Darrent Williams murder. He's a total scumbag as a person, and totally dogged it with Denver towards the end of last year. Batting down passes in practice and coming up with lame ass excuses as to why he couldn't play the last two weeks of the season with Denver's playoff hopes on the line.

I just don't get it.

The major beef between Jets fans and Braylon Edwards is that he drops too many passes. Seemingly forgetting that Marshall is also near the top of the league year after year in dropped balls.

Stick with Braylon and Cotch as the starters, get a slot receiver in the 2nd round or later, and focus the #29 pick toward the secondary or DL.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3536863]Something could be up. It could be nothing but still... It could be something.

[/QUOTE]

:coocoo:

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3536959].., didn't Sanchez visit Denver last year as one of the pre-draft visits? [/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It was during the time that it looked like Marshall would basically sit out the season and Sanchez shows up at some sports function in Denver--maybe a college workout. At the time, it seemed relevant.

I really don't see how Marshall would fit into the mix unless we are dumping Cotchery or Edwards. I would prefer to just draft a young, talented WR for the slot. We need a #3 WR not another #1.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3536863] Something could be up. It could be nothing but still... It could be something.

[/QUOTE]

So does this count as an official prediction? If it's later confirmed as true will you later say..."See, I knew...I just KNEW!!!"?

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3537061]So does this count as an official prediction? If it's later confirmed as true will you later say..."See, I knew...I just KNEW!!!"?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that counts as a prediction. But still... it could be a prediction.

[QUOTE=soks45;3536856]who knows maybe he is up to something?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he likes him. Wants to be BFFs? :P

[QUOTE=stanner;3536902]guys, this is no big deal. Mark called me on my birthday, too. that's his thing, i guess.[/QUOTE]

Haha.. this was good.

So lets draw this out:
    1. Jets keep getting rumored to be interested in Marshall.
    2. Mike Tannenbaum says "We have internal discussions about our team all the time. We like the WR's we have."
    3. Mark makes "birthday" phone call to Marshall at dinner, presumably at a point where he's had just enough alcohol to make decisions based on feeling good.

Smoke, smoke smoke.... too much smoke, fire smoldering. He's gonna be a Jet. Mark it down.