Thread: Wal-Mart pulls Def Leppard game because it comes with only one drumstick

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wal-Mart pulls Def Leppard game because it comes with only one drumstick

TEXARKANA, TX (GlossyNews) — Thousands of angry fans flooded the phone lines and email servers of MTV/Electronic Arts and its retailers with complaints over today’s release of the eagerly anticipated “Rock Band – Def Leppard Edition” game. The issue stems from a perceived design flaw in the drum kit.

“It’s been chaos in our Customer Service lines,” said Zeke Gersch, a Walmart manager in Texarkana, Texas. “There’s only one drum stick in the box. Even worse, the drum kit itself has all these extra foot pedals that no one knows how to use. I can’t for the life of me figure out what the game making people was thinking.”

Stephanie Welterhalt, a spokesperson for Electronic Arts, seemed as bewildered by the backlash as consumers were by the game’s construction.

“I mean, yes, the design was intentional,” she said. “We strive for realism with the Rock Band experience. Do I really have the explain this to so-called Def Leppard fans? I don’t want to sound thick, but it seems a little offensive.”

Walmart has pulled all the Def Leppard edition games from its shelves until the manufacturer resolves the issue.

Electronic Arts and MTV claim that “no issue exists that needs resolving. Except maybe a lesson in the band’s tragic history.”

So far, both parties remain adamant in their positions. Competing retailers Best Buy and Toys R Us, however, have committed to keeping the games in stock for their customers.

“We don’t understand the impasse,” said a purchasing manager for Best Buy, “but it’s great for our business. We’ve thrown our support fully behind Electronic Arts.”

In a brief phone interview, Welterhalt added, “What’s next with these rubes? I suppose they’ll pitch another fit when they find out they’ll actually have the play their own instruments in the upcoming ‘Rock Band – The Monkees’ release.”

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Apparently the Ray CHarles version of Rock Band came with hypo's, a book of matches and a spoon.

:dunno:

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

^

They could put a plastic shotgun in with the Nirvana version

Veteran
    A turkey sandwich in momma Kass's version
    Last edited by jetsnrangers; 03-25-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Damn....its like no one at Walmart listens to the Bloodhound Gang.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3537771]^

They could put a plastic shotgun in with the Nirvana version[/QUOTE]

how dare you

All League
    I went as the Def Leppard drummer for halloween one year! Easy costume to make, just pull your arm thru your shirt!! Rock on!

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't wanna know how they're gonna handle the Lynyrd Skynyrd Edition... :(

Banned
    [QUOTE=32green;3537768]Apparently the Ray CHarles version of Rock Band came with hypo's, a book of matches and a spoon.

:dunno:

_[/QUOTE]

LOL

I love that they only packed one drumstick. Friggin' classic!!

Banned
    [QUOTE=quantum;3537825]I don't wanna know how they're gonna handle the Lynyrd Skynyrd Edition... :([/QUOTE]

Probably the same way they'll handle the Buddy Holly Edition.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3537771]^

They could put a plastic shotgun in with the Nirvana version[/QUOTE]

A hangar and a bathrobe belt in the INXS version.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3537880]Probably the same way they'll handle the Buddy Holly Edition.[/QUOTE]

That one comes as a Double Trouble Edition with Stevie Ray Vaughn.

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;3537781]I went as the Def Leppard drummer for halloween one year! Easy costume to make, just pull your arm thru your shirt!! Rock on![/QUOTE]

ROCK ON!!