Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The more film I watch the more I love #55

Veteran

Arrow The more film I watch the more I love #55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQfcytu6ItI

Starting to think a move up should be in the works!!!!!

Sucks with how good of a pre draft he has had hes going to be gone before we pick. Love to see him opposite of Pace.

I don't know how much a highlight reel can be considered "film." I mean, have you come away unimpressed with a player after watching his highlight reel?

But yeah, sorry, Graham's good.

Veteran
    He wont make it pass 22. We would have to trade up for him.

I think were either going CB, WR or Taylor Mays at 29.

believe it or not there are scenarios where Brandon Graham is there at 29

and it's not just in my dreams or my email ok

i was in a 32 team inter site mock draft and took Graham at 29 ill put it up in a few mins, it was all done via email and started March 2, 2010 ended March 13.

first off he doesn't have ideal 4-3 skillset

so that eliminates more than half the teams right off the bat.

(If Polian were in the top 20 it would change things... but most of these guys want em tall and long, Graham is neither of those things. most 4-3 defense would have legit first round options... Morgan/JPP and maybe even Griffen or Dunlap before Graham.)

as for the other 3-4 teams that's tough but it can happen.
    the 3-4 defense could consider Hughes or Kindle before Graham. they could go after offensive tackles or skill positions.

He's a top 10 on my personal board but that's not how it is on most people's boards, despite his boss production, excellent senior bowl and pretty decent combine. this is a really deep year it's not unthinkable he slips...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ok as for the other 3-4 teams that's tough but it can happen

i was in a 32 team inter site mock draft and took Graham at 29 ill put it up in a few mins, it was all done via email and started March 2, 2010 ended March 13.

believe it or not there are scenarios where Brandon Graham is there at 29

and it's not just in my dreams or my email

first off he doesn't have ideal 4-3 skillset

so that eliminates more than half the teams right off the bat.

(If Polian were in the top 20 it would change things... but most of these guys want em tall and long, Graham is neither of those things. most 4-3 defense would have legit first round options... Morgan/JPP and maybe even Griffen or Dunlap before Graham.)

the 3-4 defense could consider Hughes or Kindle before Graham. He's a top 10 on my personal board but that's not how it is on most people's boards, despite his boss production, excellent senior bowl and pretty decent combine.
    Idk about that OLB ranking. I would go Graham, Kindle, and then Hughes.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    I don't know how much a highlight reel can be considered "film." I mean, have you come away unimpressed with a player after watching his highlight reel?

But yeah, sorry, Graham's good.
    Very true GGI. I have alot of film from games I recorded over the past few seasons. Youtube is just an easy way to post an example. A guy on youtube has put together some GREAT draft stuff with good and bad plays on players but he does not have one on Graham yet.

But from what I have watched the only question I would have with Graham is pass coverage. BUT if we were to bring him in I don't see him doing alot of that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    Idk about that OLB ranking. I would go Graham, Kindle, and then Hughes.
    I agree it's a hope ful ranking... also remember it's a deep year...

with guys like Bruce Campbell, Dez Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, Ryan Mathews, and 7 defensive backs possibly gone... (Tebow?) it can happen... im not saying it's likely... but it's plausible.

also remember it's considered a very deep 3-4 OLB year... there are guys like Thad Gibson, Jermaine Cunningham, Antonio Coleman, Arthur Moats, sleepers galore. a team might pass on Graham thinking they can go cheaper at what is essentially a project position.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    He wont make it pass 22. We would have to trade up for him.

I think were either going CB, WR or Taylor Mays at 29.

I was going to save this for my next mock but....

IF Graham is there at #17 we trade Leon Washington to the 49ers for pick #17.

So Jets get-#17 = Brandon Graham

49ers get- #29 and Leon Washington.

They have been talking about going after Washington anyway sooo.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQfcytu6ItI

Starting to think a move up should be in the works!!!!!
    I think we all love the guy... the only question is... Will he be there @ 29?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with my good friend bitonti, who admittedly follows this stuff a lot more closely than me, but I find it impossible to believe 28 teams can pass on Brandon Graham prior to the Jets
    You never know... especially with this years draft.... I like Bit's theory about maybe some teams will pass on him hoping to score a player at his position later.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    I think we all love the guy... the only question is... Will he be there @ 29?
    Like I said in my first post, I think a trade up should be in the works.

Anyone have thoughts on my trade of Washington to the 9ers?

I have to respectfully disagree with my good friend bitonti, who admittedly follows this stuff a lot more closely than me, but I find it impossible to believe 28 teams can pass on Brandon Graham prior to the Jets

If there are 28 players you can take with Graham still on the board, well, I must really be losing it
    Hammer, I have the evidence... here is a mock draft with 32 legit draft websites... all trying to make the best picks for their teams... after the combine... and Graham was there at 29... I had to double check the board but it was true.

im still fixing up the fonts and stuff but here it is... the evidence that this scenario is possible!

http://draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2010intersite.htm

Im not saying this is likely... but it is possible. the original poster talked about a trade up... because of his height and arm length, Graham is not a slam dunk top 10 guy that a trade up is super necessary or would even be that costly.

you are not losing it, it would be a steal of criminal proportions... to get this guy at 29... i thought the same thing when the mock was playing out... it's just a really really deep year. Casserly said it was the deepest crop for 30 years... he might be right about that... in most mocks Graham goes 18-22... it wouldn't be a huge drop to 29... just sayin!
    Last edited by bitonti; 03-25-2010 at 08:18 PM.

WOW, I'm shocked he was there at 29 in a mock of legit draft guys

If that happens I think I would be hyperventilating when the Jets go on the clock

lol me too imagine if they passed on him?

some of these guys (anthony davis) had bad pro days so it's a little bit dated but all of the teams did a good job and felt like they made good picks

this really might be the deepest first round for a long time... decades?

It could easily happen. When you look at things, some of the other 3-4 teams have large needs and could be taking other positions. No matter what there will be a very good 3-4 olb on the board for us, just a matter of which one.

All League
    We all want Graham.

It's unlikely since for the whole process he's been rated a top 20 pick (sometimes higher).

But that's the draft. This year is deeper than others, so that logic lends itself to the belief that somebody will drop.

If it's Graham or Earl Thomas, we'll all be doing cartwheels.

If it's Golden Tate, some of us will be doing cartwheels.

If it's Jimmy Clausen or Carlos Dunlap, we'll be looking for the Jets to trade out.

I just don't see how he gets past the Patriots, Packers AND the Cardinals, who all pick ahead of us and all could use a 3-4 OLB pass-rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    We all want Graham.

It's unlikely since for the whole process he's been rated a top 20 pick (sometimes higher).

But that's the draft. This year is deeper than others, so that logic lends itself to the belief that somebody will drop.

If it's Jimmy Clausen or Carlos Dunlap, we'll be looking for the Jets to trade out.

I just don't see how he gets past the Patriots, Packers AND the Cardinals, who all pick ahead of us and all could use a 3-4 OLB pass-rusher.
    Packers could easily take an o-lineman. Aaron Rogers almost got killed last year. I agree about the Pats but they might be nervous about Welker and possibly the end of Moss next year. Cards I agree with.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    We all want Graham.

I don't think he gets by the Pats either. Thats why I shot a trade idea out there. Anyone think I am nuts or that this trade does not make sense?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I don't think he gets by the Pats either. Thats why I shot a trade idea out there. Anyone think I am nuts or that this trade does not make sense?

I dont think we should be trading away basically two players for one.

I think the Jets would be set no matter who they had if they were facing off against the RT for Western Michigan every game...