Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The more film I watch the more I love #55

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    WOW, I'm shocked he was there at 29 in a mock of legit draft guys

If that happens I think I would be hyperventilating when the Jets go on the clock

True.

But under that scenario, would the Jets War Room be Odrick vs. Graham?

Who would win out???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I don't think he gets by the Pats either. Thats why I shot a trade idea out there. Anyone think I am nuts or that this trade does not make sense?

IF Graham is there at #17 we trade Leon Washington to the 49ers for pick #17.

So Jets get-#17 = Brandon Graham

49ers get- #29 and Leon Washington.

They have been talking about going after Washington anyway sooo.
    Tanny likes to trade up but he NEVER, EVER has traded up for a luxury pick.

Never, ever. Tanny has traded up or tried to trade up in every draft. Every time it was at a need position (QB, CB, ILB, TE, RB).

Graham would be a luxury pick and I highly doubt (based on past experience) that the Jets would move up to get him. They'd move up for Earl Thomas IMO, but not for Graham. No way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with bit that Graham could be there at 29...If some team were to really like Ricky Sapp for instance.

He's definitely in one of my top 3 players to pick, purely based on his awesomeness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Tanny likes to trade up but he NEVER, EVER has traded up for a luxury pick.

Never, ever. Tanny has traded up or tried to trade up in every draft. Every time it was at a need position (QB, CB, ILB, TE, RB).

Graham would be a luxury pick and I highly doubt (based on past experience) that the Jets would move up to get him. They'd move up for Earl Thomas IMO, but not for Graham. No way.
    Well to me finding a player who can get to the QB is a MAJOR need. If the Jets feel this way about Graham I could see the move up.

If you can get to the QB without having to blitz that extra DB or LB all the time, it takes the defense to a new level. Getting after the QB without blitzing= max coverage=dead QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Packers could easily take an o-lineman. Aaron Rogers almost got killed last year. I agree about the Pats but they might be nervous about Welker and possibly the end of Moss next year. Cards I agree with.
    The Packers will be why Iupati has no chance of getting to us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    I think the Jets would be set no matter who they had if they were facing off against the RT for Western Michigan every game...
    iowa OT bryan bulaga is a consensus top 10 or 15 pick, got beat 2x by Graham for sacks. he's got great film against great players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to save this for my next mock but....

IF Graham is there at #17 we trade Leon Washington to the 49ers for pick #17.

So Jets get-#17 = Brandon Graham

49ers get- #29 and Leon Washington.

They have been talking about going after Washington anyway sooo.

You're kidding? SF gives up a 17 for LW & a 29?
    They can just take CJ Spiller at 17. He is way better than Washingtion is, was or ever will be.
    Faster, quicker, does more things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    You're kidding? SF gives up a 17 for LW & a 29?
    They can just take CJ Spiller at 17. He is way better than Washingtion is, was or ever will be.
    Faster, quicker, does more things.
    sorry, Vermont Jet, this guy is right.

If Spiller is on the board, it makes zero sense.

Even if Spiller is off the board, why do the 49ers want to trade down? Do they really think Leon Washington is worth twelve spots in the first round? Most times that requires a 2nd rounder AND another pick to package to move up 12 picks.

Perhaps a year ago, when Leon was healthy and showed great promise, but now he's just another running-back coming off a devastating injury.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    sorry, Vermont Jet, this guy is right.

If Spiller is on the board, it makes zero sense.

Even if Spiller is off the board, why do the 49ers want to trade down? Do they really think Leon Washington is worth twelve spots in the first round? Most times that requires a 2nd rounder AND another pick to package to move up 12 picks.

Perhaps a year ago, when Leon was healthy and showed great promise, but now he's just another running-back coming off a devastating injury.
    Well take this for what it's worth. The 49ers have been talking about signing Leon to an offer sheet. If they do and we don't match they would have to give us pick #49 in the 2nd round.

If the 49ers are smart they would take Leon and the swap of #1's and KEEP their 2nd round pick.

To move from #29 to #17 is 310 point difference. That equales a LOW 2nd round pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well take this for what it's worth. The 49ers have been talking about signing Leon to an offer sheet. If they do and we don't match they would have to give us pick #49 in the 2nd round.

If the 49ers are smart they would take Leon and the swap of #1's and KEEP their 2nd round pick.

To move from #29 to #17 is 310 point difference. That equales a LOW 2nd round pick.

Leon is frankly not that good. He is damaged goods, older and I would be surprised if anyone gives up a two for him. Plus he has an attitude and people can see that. He apparently is not better or he would be visiting teams. He would be trying to show he's ok. Big red flag.
    If the Jets get a three for him that would be an accomplishment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Leon is frankly not that good. He is damaged goods, older and I would be surprised if anyone gives up a two for him. Plus he has an attitude and people can see that. He apparently is not better or he would be visiting teams. He would be trying to show he's ok. Big red flag.
    If the Jets get a three for him that would be an accomplishment.
    Even a fourth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I started the love-fest thread on Brandon Graham when he was considered a 2nd round pick. Now, it looks like there's no way in hell he'll be on the board for us. It's a shame. He's a player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    iowa OT bryan bulaga is a consensus top 10 or 15 pick, got beat 2x by Graham for sacks. he's got great film against great players.
    Agreed. This kid is so much better than Gholston that its not funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    I think the Jets would be set no matter who they had if they were facing off against the RT for Western Michigan every game...
    Yes. Definitely. You for sure know what you're talking about. This comment is moronic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said in my first post, I think a trade up should be in the works.

Anyone have thoughts on my trade of Washington to the 9ers?
    They had one talk with him and never talked money, Washington has not been cleared to run and will not be able to run until after the draft. Washington and SF are just laying the groundwork for when he is a FA next year.

Plus the GM that was in love with him is no longer even the 49rs GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Gholston was the only college DE to ever get a sack on Jake Long...he got 2.

Long's a better LT prospect than Bulaga is too.

Graham's one of my favorite prospects out there and he's a guy I've been watching for a long time. He was an elite high school LB prospect, impressed his entire time at Michigan, and has gone on to be considered a 1st round pick in the draft. If he were to fall to us I think alot of people would flip out when he's not starting (because he won't) or even see the field at all (that depends) when they shouldn't. He's a really good prospect, but so were Shawn Crable and Lamar Woodley. Neither started in their first year, and Crable didn't do much last year either.

Neither went in the first round either because of measurables (Crable's skinny legs, Woodley's height), despite strong pedigrees and gameplay. SO there's that shot...he won't last long into the second obviously, if that were to happen. I'd say Graham is going to go as high as 21 to NE, but they always have a DE rumored to them when they pick in the late first...Tuck in '05 was a strong rumor...there was minor talk about the Pats and Kentwan Balmer in'08...Woodley in '07...I think he can "plummet" "all all the way down" to somewhere in the low 40's. Believe it or not, his game is awesome but he'll have to learn to translate it to the NFL and that can take time.

Personally, my favorite defensive pick at 29 would be Cody.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-28-2010 at 12:07 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Agreed. This kid is so much better than Gholston that its not funny.
    In what regard?

Gholston is bigger, faster, stronger and a more dominate pass rusher in college.

The only thing I can see going against Gholston is the fact that he sucks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Packers could easily take an o-lineman. Aaron Rogers almost got killed last year. I agree about the Pats but they might be nervous about Welker and possibly the end of Moss next year. Cards I agree with.
    Definitely agree the Packers may very well take an O-line player to protect Rodgers since he's the engine of that team.

Definitely see the Pats going after Graham. Their holes on D are a much bigger problem than WR. Yes Welker will never be the same player again but they do have Edelman who can play a similar role and Moss will be playing for a contract next year so he probably won't flake out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said in my first post, I think a trade up should be in the works.

Anyone have thoughts on my trade of Washington to the 9ers?
    The more I thought about it, the more I liked it! It makes sense. We know that Mr.T is more about quality then quantity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good news from the twitter

fyifootballplay #MIA #Dolphins beat writer Armando Salguero sees "little to no chance" that the team would #draft #Michigan DE Brandon Graham at #12. #NFL

if he's not a top 15 pick... and he's not really a fit for 4-3... how far would the Jets have to trade up?

if they get lucky they dont trade up at all